Official TrekBBS Fantasy Baseball thread!

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Scout101, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Like I said in the league itself, unfortunately, if I hadn't made the trade, I would have won 7-3 instead of losing 3-6-1. Howard and Strasburg combined for JUST enough stats over what Pujols gave me that it would have decided it for me. Still pretty sure i'll end up being fine with my choice.

Plus, there's the pure bragging/spite factor of being able to say I have the #1, #2, #3, and #5 ranked players in fantasy baseball all on my team (Pujols, Hanley, A-Rod, and Kemp). :eek:

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Speaking of Football season, if we're not doing the yearly league (Lack of interest like in the Baseball league) than can I be on a waiting list if anyone drops out of the keeper league. I would like to get back into something here but if it doesn't happen, well, that's that I guess.

3. Deadpool

Deadpool Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I need some fantasy league help, and since I`m not in this league, I figure I can get an impartial opinion

This dude offered me Cliff Lee, Troy Tulowitzki, and Ryan Doumit for Carlos Santana and Jon Lester. It`s a keeper league (Only 5 keepers) and we follow standard scoring categories

My Roster

Carlos Santana
    Miguel Cabrera
    Reid Brignac
    José Bautista
    José Reyes
    Carlos Peña
    Alcides Escobar
    Adam Lind
    David DeJesús
    Justin Smoak
    Aramis Ramirez
    Neil Walker
    Ryan Ludwick
    David Ortiz

Brian Roberts and Carlos Beltran are on the DL.

Matt Garza
    Brandon Morrow
    Yovani Gallardo
    Anibal Sánchez
    Jon Lester
    Francisco Cordero
    Kerry Wood
    Octavio Dotel
    Madison Bumgarner
    Brian Matusz
    Mike Pelfrey
    Johan Santana

He has

Miguel Montero
    Troy Glaus
    Rickie Weeks
    Adrián Béltre
    Elvis Andrus
    Russell Branyan
    Aaron Hill
    Josh Willingham
    José Guillén
    Austin Jackson
    Colby Rasmus
    Kevin Frandsen
    Michael Cuddyer
    Sean Rodriguez
    Ryan Doumit
    Jason Heyward DL
    Troy Tulowitzki DL

Matt Cain
    Jaime García
    Cliff Lee
    Jeff Niemann
    Jason Vargas
    Bobby Jenks
    Neftali Feliz
    Joakim Soria
    Trevor Cahill
    Aaron Heilman

I figure Lee cancels out Lester (especially if Lee gets traded to the NL) and we can only keep players for 3 consecutive seasons. That brings us to Santana vs Tulo and Doumit. I like Tulo and I don`t know if I can count on Santana to produce next year. He might fall into the Russel Martin/Matt Wieters trap. I need an outside opinion. I also wanna see if I can steal Colby Rasmus, but I have no idea how I can pull that off. BTW, the other guy is a huge Red Sox fan.

4. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

Thought I had finally beaten Scout in the Trek BBS keeper leauge, but now I see that instead of having the All-Star shortened week as a separate match, the stats are added to this week for one long match.

5. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

much happier with that, the AS break week was always a pet peeve of mine. You play only 3-4 days, and if you had any good pitchers, they just played in the game and might not start until the weekend or later...

6. Pegaritaville

Oh, I agree. My Yahoo team played the shortened week as a separate match and I got burned in pitching. It's much fairer the way our league does it.

7. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

well, taking my annual 1-week vacation without much for internet connection, so enjoy the free chance to beat on my team, whoever is playing me this time! Tried to set up my players and rotation, but they always dick with it so I miss out on a bunch of stuff by not keeping up with it, so usually a rough week for me...

8. Pegaritaville

That happens to me quite a bit- I'll set my lineup in advance only to find out later that the rotations have changed or players are benched. Anyway, have fun on your vacation!

All of those trades involving closers has messed up my teams. I was obsessed with getting closers in the draft and worked the waiver wire to get closers throughout the season only to have most of that maneuvering negated.

9. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Ouch, Strasburg needs Tommy John, out until 2012. That trade didn't work out so well for Sportzkid. Glad I sold high, though :)

10. Pegaritaville

Congrats to McCosh Almighties for winning the TrekBBS Keeper League! And congrats to Amish Assassins for taking 2nd and to Scout for taking the bronze.

I ended up 4th once again, but at least this time I lost the 3rd place game on a tie-breaker. Getting closer every year..

11. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, congrats again, McCosh! And tough one, Peg, scrapped that out by just a hair! Keeping the McCosh/Scout/Coaster triumvirate alive for yet another season!

Looking forward to next season, think a full year of Pujols, plus some injury recovery, ought to have me right back in it again.

And, of course, now that the season is over, it's open season on my team for trades, so if you're interested in a trade (either for keepers or draft picks), don't be shy, send me a message! :)

12. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Uh oh, the league is back up and activated again! Time for me to start working on my Offseason Blockbuster of the year :)

And as always, shoot trade offers my way. I've got guys I'm willing to trade for draft picks, if you see something you like...

13. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is there room in this league for one more? I don't think we have the popularity for a yearly league but I still enjoyed those years of a Trekbbs Fantasy Baseball league and I would love to be a part of one again.

14. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah... expansion teams! :)

15. Pegaritaville

I just looked at my team- what a mess. I had to jettison a few pitchers to make room for players from last year's DL list. After doing that I see I have three gimpy first basemen. Now I have to decide if I want to keep any of them.

16. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

We can shoot Sportzkid or Coaster a message, but not sure. It's possible there's a deadbeat manager in there somewhere we could pull, not sure if we've taken the headcount to make sure everyone's back this year.

All I know for sure is that Coaster, McCosh, and I will finish 1-2-3 in some order or other. That one's a lock!

17. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I will start another one if anyone else is interested...

18. The Habs Fan

The Habs Fan Commodore Commodore

Everyone on my team is available. Send me trade offers. :)

Time for the rebuild...

19. sportzkid

sportzkid Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If we have a dead beat owner I will let you know first.
    Also I am very open to trade ideas, even willing to move Ryan Howard. send me offers.

20. Pegaritaville

Interesting trade that happened in the keeper league. I looked at it several times and I'm still not sure who got the better of the deal. Guess it'll depend on how the traded draft picks pan out.