Welcome new Voyager fans!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Caprica_Six, Apr 16, 2005.

1. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Welcome to the bizarre world of TrekBBS! More Trek than you can shake a stick at:bolian:

2. Vreemdeling

Vreemdeling Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

So I finally signed up today after lurking for a few weeks. Started watching Voyager when I was in Highschool, it then spread to NextGen, DS9 and TOS. My brother and I are both huge fans.

3. deepspace69

deepspace69 Cadet Newbie

Just joined! Where do I ask questions if I am looking for the name of an episode I remember but not the name, for example?

4. F. King Daniel

Welcome! Any questions, just start a thread about it ("new thread" button) Describe what you remember and someone will certainly know the answer.

5. WarpCore

WarpCore Lieutenant Red Shirt

It says for noobs to say hi here, so hi.

Feel free to engage me ... in conversation. :)

I hated Voyager the first time I ever saw it while it was airing and only caught it mid-series. Confusing as hell. Then when I decided one day to start watching from Episode 1 it started making a lot more sense and was much more enjoyable. Unlike that ENT thingy that never made sense until it was nearly over and then left its original storyline and produced great episodes after the cancellation was announced. *sigh* I still hate Archer but love when the other captains display his "bad" personality traits.

Oh, what else to say? I think I've been watching Trek since Season 5 or 6 of TNG aired first time. Since then I've seen all 28 seasons and 11 movies.

Why does the Doctor need to go to a holodeck to play golf? Shouldn't he be able to just close his eyes and execute some subroutines?

I suspect everyone hates Harry Kim primarily for refusing Seven when she instructs him to take off his clothes. :)

6. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

Welcome all newcomers. :)

7. Killandra

Killandra Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm still pretty new here. Voyager is by far my fave Trek. Janeway was a hero of mine in my middle and high school years. Before Voyager, I swore by TNG as if it were the holy grail (I know many still do). I grew up watching reruns of TOS and then TNG when it debuted as a kid. That of course led to DS9, VOY, and ENT. I love all Trek for different reasons, but VOY is my ultimate addiction.

Can't wait to get to know you all. :)

8. Violet.Phoenix

Violet.Phoenix Commander Red Shirt

Hi :)

I just joined today, so I'm fairly new to the forum and how it works. I'm a big Voyager fan, but I also quite like TNG. I love the movies: Wrath of Khan, Undiscovered Country and First Contact. I did like Nemesis, but I can see why people wouldn't like it.

Voyager is what got me into the Star Trek universe, and Janeway is one of my favourite characters... I'm also a J/C shipper.

I'm honestly a little shy here because I know some people don't like Voyager, and I'm just here to make peaceful comments.

Anyways, yeah that's me :P

9. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Hi Violet, welcome.

I gave up on Voyager as a religious watching experience about S3, then it was "When I catch it". I've seen several episodes from later, and really enjoyed many of them, but Voyager and Enterprise S1 and 2 are my lowest appreciation for The Trekiverse. But, I'd like to say, I for one, will not criticize you for enjoyment, and If I get a chance to do a start to finish watch/rewatch of Voyager, I may very well value your opinions on episodes. So, don't worry about bashers, they typically only get to bashing when you hit a nerve (NOTE: This could be Anti- or Pro- on any hot subjects, not just the one I might believe is in the wrong).

As long as you simply discuss, you avoid most of the tension.

10. AdmiralScreed

AdmiralScreed Captain Captain

I've been in the Voyager forum for about a month now, commenting on the thread "Does It Get Better???". I'm over half way through season three so far, and for the most part I am enjoying the show. The Kazon Arc has definitely been the highlight so far for me, and my favorite episodes at this point in time are Basics P1/P2, Alliances, The Thaw, Investigations, Unity, and Coda. As I continue through the series I hope to add more episodes to this list of favorites. :)
    I am primarily a TNG fan since that's what turned me into a Trek fan, but I also like DS9 quite a bit, and the TOS films aren't too bad either.
    I'm glad to be here in the Voyager forums. If you want to chat Voyager with me, head on over to the thread I started title "Does it Get Better???". As I watch new episodes I post my comments and ratings in that thread. If you want to discuss any episodes with me, feel free to hop on over to that thread! :)

11. DataLoreSpock

DataLoreSpock Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Voyager.
    I LOVE all Star Trek.
    I usually talk to my teachers about Star Trek.
    It is funny really when another person can quote Kirk or Janeway or even Seven of Nine and I just end up talking about going Warp-10 with Paris and Janeway.
    Funny sight to see.
    Anyhoo I love Star Trek in all of its forms.
    It freaks other people my age out.

12. F. King Daniel

Welcome to the Voyager forum, where the talk about Voyager is as endless as their supply of shuttles and torpedoes.:bolian:

13. Lord Manitou

Lord Manitou Commander Red Shirt

Voyager can be educational and fun at the same time. Try deciphering some technobable. Post questions if you want to.Add some HTML and you will discover a fine all-around experience.

14. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome to all you new Voyager fans! :beer:

Nice to see that the show still attracts new fans.

15. Eydie Munroe

Eydie Munroe Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hello all. Have been away from the Trek communities for quite a long time, but it's nice to see that there's still some up and thriving. :)

16. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Welcome to VOY Land Eydie!!!!

Have some leola root scones and coffee :)

17. Eydie Munroe

Eydie Munroe Lieutenant Red Shirt

Thanks! I'll pass on the leola root, but would love some coffee! :bolian:

18. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh but the leola root is so fibrous! And it makes the scones such a lovely brown color!

19. DAYoung

DAYoung Commander Red Shirt

Any friend of cucumber sandwiches and pecan pie is a friend of mine.

20. F. King Daniel

Welcome to the Voyager forum! Just in time for Janeway's possible return to the Star Trek novelverse.:)