Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by TK421, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Ssosmcin

Ssosmcin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Good God, I've put on 20 pounds since they opened one near my house. Sigh.....

2. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

They are good, basic burgers, and definitely not spa cuisine. I go for the small-sized bacon cheeseburger with mayo, and only order a small bag of fries if I'm splitting them with someone. :lol:

I tried one of their hot dogs and was disappointed. A real good hot dog is one thing you just can't find easily around here in fast food or fast casual joints.

3. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jake's Wayback Burgers makes a pretty good, griddle-fried hot dog. The heir to my empire loathes 5 Guys' hot dogs with as much intensity as a five-year-old boy can mustard, but he relishes those found at Jake's.
    :angel:

Anyway, a Jake's dog with chili, cheese, and a handful of jalapeƱo peppers strikes a sweet spot between the sublime and the orgasmic for me. I usually order two.

4. Admiral Buzzkill

Sadly, Jake's looks to be further out of my way than most fast food.

5. Robert Simmons

Robert Simmons Commander Red Shirt

Out There Joy Riding a console hopping galaxies
    Sounds good...if I am back east anytime soon I'll have to try all your recommendations for eat out. Dennis I never thought there was that much ado about hot dogs. I guess I'll have to take them more seriously. Steak and big burgers is where my attention is. definately NOT salads!

Rest of the pics form the move.

Stan Ginsel and John Halliday are seen and Jimm came out toward the end and made for some interesting discussion and pointing out specific things like all the control panels carefully wrapped and packed carefully in boxes. And Jimm made for some excellent and improptu humor while we were wrapping up.

I would like to say thank you to Holly Guess and Stan Ginsel and anyone else who helped to store the sets to help Jimm out. I am sure that nothing would have survived had not they made themselves available to Jimm to assist....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Robert Simmons

7. Lord Garth FOI

Lord Garth FOI Commander Red Shirt

Wow

I was d*cking around on youtube today and as coincidence would have it I rewatched Tressurian. Then I went to the old website to see if it had been updated since the last time I visited, frusturated I then googled Whatever happened to Exeter and voilla!!

And the final act is really coming?????????? Please don't jerk Lord Garth around, I needs to know!!

I am sorry I gave up on championing the crew over on Trekmovie, I was one of the loudest loudmouth supporters there.

I want to thenk you for, to my mind, some of the best real Trek moments since the last original crew film.

And BTW; you boys are definately going on a god damned diet!!

8. Melonpool

Melonpool Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I just watched Tressarian Intersection again yesterday on Youtube. Man, that's a great film -- can't wait to see how it all turns out!

9. IcecreamLtDan

IcecreamLtDan Captain Captain

I can't get over how Jimm looks, if I were to see him in public now, I would never recognize him.

10. Admiral Buzzkill

Well, a big difference between Jimm and Shatner is...that's all Jimm's own hair. ;)

11. Losira

Losira Cadet Newbie

I was so sad to see these pics, It reminded me of the dismantling of Star Trek The Expieriece in Vegas. I can only wish the Exeter well on all their future endeavers.

12. Tallguy

Tallguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So I gather that if Tressurian is ever finished that this is pretty much it for Exeter? That's too bad. It was always my favorite by far.

13. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

:)
    With the resque of the Exeter Bridge, (see Ajax post) the offer has been made for any or all actors to stop by and perhaps return to another episode, if not a guest staring role. We can donate and hope! :drool::bolian:

14. Robert Simmons

:ack:
    I'm doing what I can from my end. Was on the phone with Josh yesterday concerning some other indirectly related stuff, and every other phone call I touch on it. Some times it takes time for an idea to sink in, and for people to warm up to it. So I'm working on him. Give me time to wear Josh down on this....one step at a time. When he's ready I think he'll begin talking to Jimm directly about it. :)

I just wish if we did Dennis would also be available to do more of his gorgeous Exeter CGI modeling. It would be a crime :crazy: to step down from that :adore: to something less faithfully done.:ack:

15. Admiral Buzzkill

I appreciate the sentiment, Robert, but I don't think I'd want to go back and do it that way again. It was worth doing once, and I've done it as well as I knew how.

If they want to be faithful to the original look in the next one, they should probably take a look at one of the several larger-scale TOS Enterprise models that have become available or are about to. A professional build with good internal lighting, combined with the vastly improvements in software for chroma keying, ought to make for some opticals that would really stand apart from the CG approach.

Yeah, you limit your flexibility - you can't effectively do a lot of things action-wise with models and chroma key that you can with CG - but if the point is to be faithful to TOS then these effects ought to be limited pretty much to establishing shots of the ship traveling and orbiting various worlds.

16. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=135078

Josh dropped some tantalizing hints on his Facebook page the other day. Therin Sr ("Starship Exeter: The Savage Empire") may have something to do, too. :techman:

17. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

18. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

ET (Exeter Tease)

19. DestinyCaptain

DestinyCaptain Commander Red Shirt

Now, THIS is killin' me...

20. infullview

infullview Ensign Red Shirt

Holy Tholian Batman! What a tease! Are we there yet?