The Walking Dead Season 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Thestral, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

So, Episode 1 of this is out now on Steam - anybody else got it and played through? It's great to be back in that world, and I'm so glad they went ahead and made Clementine the protagonist for Season 2. Although, while it's a fairly low-key 1st episode, holy shit that poor girl can't seem to catch a break can she?

Poor Omid. Killed off even before the opening title. :(

I was a lot more affected by the death of the dog than I expected. That whole chain, from it turning on Clem to being mercy-killed, was pretty rough.

The atmosphere and music are just excellent again - the best kind of moody melancholy.

2. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

Part 1 was excellent! I'm hoping to get Part 2 if the weathers bad, just after Xmas. The storyline was excellent in the first one - loads of twists and turns and I jumped a few times, which I hate/love doing in PC games. Bloody zombies! :)

3. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I want to go off-topic for a moment to let people know that the first episode for The Wolf Among Us is currently free on Xbox Live. I posted this news in the Gaming Deals sticky thread as well, but thought it worth pointing out in a thread specifically devoted to another Telltale Games production.

4. AlphaMan

AlphaMan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I finally gave in and played it. The gameplay is pretty shallow, but Telltale certainly gives you a great story that makes it more than worth the while. Season 1 was no fluke.

I think I'll get The Wolf Among Us and give it a spin as long as it's free.

5. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, the gameplay wasn't the highlight of the first season either so no worries there. Thanks for the recommendation PsychoPere, shame I don't have XBox. :lol:

Do we know when Part 2 is due out?

6. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

I'd give season 2 a shot of my season 1 saves didn't get all fucked up. As it is, I may just wait for the winter 2014 steam sale and pick up the whole thing.

7. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Don't play many games, but my brother likes the show.

8. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Oh, man. Episode one was fantastic.

SPOILERS

I think my favorite part was a small moment. After the cabin group finds that Clem has killed the walker that attacked her in the shed, one of the dialogue options was "Still. NOT. Bitten." Melissa Hutchison nailed that line perfectly - a sense of badassness that you wouldn't expect in a ten-year-old, with a touch of indignation that no one believed her story about being attacked by a dog.

My choices:
    • Saved Christa. No way in hell the Clem of season one would've abandoned a friend, so I wasn't going to have her do that here.
    • Killed the dog. Clem learned mercy from Lee.
    • Gave water to the dying man. See above.
    • Accepted Nick's apology. Doesn't mean she won't keep a wary eye on him; Lilly was quick on the trigger finger too, after all...
    • Saved Pete. Nick still had ammo and shouldn't have gotten boxed in as he did; Pete was bit and seemed to need help more immediately.