All about T'Pol

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by 2 of 10, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Commander Mel

Commander Mel Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Ah well that explains alot.

I was just thinking this board does seem to be much more about certain parts of her rather than the character herself.

2. Commander Mel

So fellas how about our favorite character traits about T'pol?

I was always fond of her curious nature for a Vulcan, it always seems to get the better of her. Also she's quite nice for an ENT era Vulcan.

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like how secretive she is. She hides her vulnerabilities, her past, her fiance, her relationship with Trip, her politics, her mother's politics, her addiction, her attractions.. she's a powder keg of secrets.

4. Captain Rob

Captain Rob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^ I totally agree regarding T'Pol.
    As for Jolene. In addition to her bosom and bum; I think she has a great set of abs on her. But her best feature is her face. I think she has a very interesting face. Alot of actresses and models have pretty faces but they don't have any characteristics that make them stand out and be unique. Kate Upton for example is very attractive but her face isn't very memorable. She looks like a thousand other models and actresses.

5. Commander Mel

In particular I think she has really beautiful eyes. That's hands down my favorite physical attribute of Jolene's.

I think her ability to communicate all or those subtle emotions with her eyes really brought T'pol to life.

6. I am Surak

I am Surak Captain Captain

Well put Commander Mel. Those beautiful eyes peeking over a cup of tea. J'adore T'Pol. And on the character traits I would say her loyalty to her friends is what stands out for me.

[​IMG]

7. Commander Mel

Do you have a picture for every situation involving T'pol? lol.
    Good point about her being so loyal. That's another great trait of hers.

8. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I love the fact she's so...Vulcan. And yet not. Unlike Tuvok, say. I think it's that inner tension that makes her so interesting. And because Blalock has such a great face, it's there to read...

9. Commander Mel

Indeed :vulcan:

10. DAYoung

DAYoung Commander Red Shirt

I thought Blalock's acting improved over the series. Sadly, the dialogue did not.

11. Captain Rob

Fantastic picture.
    For a really good look at Jolene not as T'Pol. I might suggest "Diamond Hunters". It was made either during or right before Enterprise's first season. She plays the lead's girlfriend and you see most everything right down to the masking tape over her bits-not-to-be-seen. Otherwise the movie is horrible.
    Another Jolene flick has popped up in my Netflix suggestions. Off to go watch it.

12. REDrake

REDrake Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well, she also played in 2 episodes of Stargate SG1 as some sort of Amazon Jaffa. But her acting was terrible in there. Or maybe I was just not used to seeing her blonde. Or maybe, just maybe, her lack of pointed ears was a turn off.:)

13. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Not at all in season 3, I don't think. In the first season 3 episode, The Xindi, in the first neuro-pressure scene with her and Trip, it is real obvious she is is not only "padless" under the blue silk jammies, she is completely braless as well.

And just as an aside, in an appearance on the Howard Stern Show, Jolene stated that her cup size was only a "B", but "they" might look a bit larger because the rest of her was so small.

I think I know what you mean here and to an extent I agree, but the irony is that not being able to hide her vulnerabilities is one of the things that defined the character. Jolene, who I do think was somewhat limited as an actor, was able to present this aspect of T'Pol so realistically that it caused me to start liking T'pol towards the end of season 2, and loving the character by season 4.

There was something about this otherwise self reliant and strong character who so often appeared to need a "hug", that just broke me down.

Starting with Strange New World and then The Andorian Incident, Fusion, and Breaking the Ice, continuing to season 2 with Carbon Creek (T'Mir/T'Pol), The Seventh, leading into all of season 3, we are shown that T'Pol, even more than Spock, was quite vulnerable and just that more likable as a character.

14. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Her acting IS terrible. She doesn't stand out in Enteprise because everyone around her is on the same level and she plays a wooden character.

15. Commander Mel

As Trip so eloquently put it, "She does kinda grow on ya."

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2012
  16. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Like all of Trek is chock full of great actors :p Yeah, maybe she's not the best actress going, but she's fine for a fun bit-of-fluff TV series. I don't ask anything more of my casts :)

17. Commander Mel

I thought she did a very good job as T'pol, having to communicate emotions in such a subtle manner is bloody difficult.

I never had a problem with her acting, but everyone has preconceptions about how someone is supposed to behave, that's just a normal side effect of being human. That being said, Jolene hasn't really done much so it's hard to determining her acting talent, of course there could be a reason why she hasn't done much. lol.
    Personally I think she alot better than some more famous actors I've seen.

And yeah Star Trek actor quality has always been all over the place.

18. Captain Rob

Watched "Shadow Puppets" with Jolene. Is a low-budget indie horror flick that was made in 2006 and released in 2007. She's listed fourth or fifth in the credits but it appears that she is the star along with James Marsten (sp?). Also stars Tony Todd (Kurn). Jolene is in virtually every scene and in her underwear to boot. Is about eight people that wake up in some sort of asylum and they don't know who they are. Everyone is dressed in grey undies. All of the staff have been killed by some sort of evil smoke monster, that is similar to the one from Lost. And it starts hunting them, one by one.
    This had to be straight to video. It's production , writing, and direction values are pathetic.

19. REDrake

REDrake Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Most of the time it is also due to some very bad lines the scripts have. Her acting shined from time to time though. I really liked her in Awakening, In a mirror, Darkly or in Twilight.
    Obviously she's outshined by Linda Park, but that girl also had to learn some very weird lines (as in alien languages).

20. Commander Mel

I thought she did a particularly good job playing T'pol whenever she was on the verge of tears, with the misty eyes and the breaking voice, very convincing IMO.