Lost SPOILERS Four-Toed Foot!

Discussion in 'Lost' started by Capn Flukie, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

Going by the title, it's gotta at least have Shannon in it.

2. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's the name of the song she sang, but in French, right?

3. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

No, the song is titled "Beyond the Sea." It's close enough, though, that I keep calling the episode "Beyond the Sea" by mistake.

Re: those three pictures, I'd say the third picture is the most intriguing to me. Jacob with a knife looking a little crazy...

4. Hober Mallow

5. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

All I saw on that link was a wild guess with absolutely no confirmation of your spoiler.

6. Mallet

Mallet Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Although in a strange way I could see that being the case. It is very similar to a couple of other words that were guessed at.

7. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

^^^ Yup. Makes perfect sense, considering the pocket of energy that's under it. I wonder what happens when it pops.

8. coolghoul

coolghoul Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You get plane crashes!

Seriously - we need a lot more than that.

9. 137th Gebirg

My thinking is that the Ancients (or someone) were experimenting with some new kind of energy. Something went horribly wrong and it got out of control. They had the ability to lock it down and not much else, in essence, putting the "cork" in the bottle. This would lend credence to the fact that this might have been a part of Atlantis at one point, destroyed by its own decadence and misuse of advanced tech (I think that's how the myth went). Some would say that the island is in the wrong ocean for it to be Atlantis, but it has already been proven on-screen that the island "moves" as a result of this energy contained within it. This may have been the result of an ancient experiment to be able to provide a reliable means to travel through time and space instantly but failed due to the extraordinary number of variables involved.

So, several millennia later, along comes Dharma and accidentally starts drilling through the cork to try to get at the energy they detected for their own experiments, not knowing that the whole thing was a containment facility to begin with and they were messing with tech they didn't understand. They screw it up and build Swan to keep it contained with the best tech they had available at the time, an Apple ][ computer. That's a bit tongue-in-cheek, but I think that is going to be the gist of tonight's episode.

This is supposed to be a Richard-heavy story and we know he's been around for a long time. He may have been there for the initial "catastrophe" and may be the only living Atlantean left in the world.

They probably won't make it Lemuria, as not as many people are aware of that myth, being supposedly older than Atlantis itself, even though it would be more geographically "correct" (not taking the "moving island" concept into consideration).

10. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I was just thinking about that last week, I thought of two words that fit, cork and lock, as in a lock to keep everythnig out.

11. 137th Gebirg

^^^ Lock might be interesting, based on the double-meaning it would hold in this particular show.

Jack: What is the Island? TELL ME! I want ANSWERS! <throws a coconut that shatters against a palm tree>
    Richard: One word - "Lock".
    Jack: Locke? Locke's dead.
    Richard: Lock is Locke and Locke is the Island.
    Jack: Uh....huh...
    <queue dramatic music and fade to commercial as Jack picks up another coconut>

Based on some of the other cryptic stuff that's been thrown around, answering questions without really answering them, this kind of thing would fit right in.

I do like "cork", though. Makes perfect sense.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  12. Hober Mallow

Michael Emerson injured on set.
    Ilana is a... Radzinski???

13. Trippy

Trippy NaNoWriMo Victim Admiral

Indeed it does :eek:

:p

14. Capn Flukie

15. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

16. Capn Flukie

17. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

18. Hober Mallow

The finale title has been revealed. And no, it's not "What They Died For."

The End

19. spinnerlys

spinnerlys Commander Red Shirt

I just wanted to post that.

Nice title, and so fitting and simple. But they could have been more creative though.

And I really thought "What They Died For" was the title.

"article" on episode title

20. Capn Flukie

Hmm, I wonder if it'll be more Beatles 'The End' or The Doors 'The End'. :D