Will YOU be in costume for the premiere?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by blockaderunner, Jan 18, 2008.

1. blockaderunner

blockaderunner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought about it when the Star Wars prequels came out. But I just ended up wearing my favorite kick ass t-shirt of Han Solo frozen in carbonite (it has since been retired). I just didn't have the energy or time to get a costume together. But I digress. Any of you are going to be in costume for the premiere of Star Trek XI in December?

2. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

No, this movie is an attempt to mainstream Trek into the cooler and accepted sphere of sci-fi for all, not just geeks. Therefore I to shall not "geek out" for the movie by dressing in anything other than jeans and an appropriate casual long sleeve shirt.

3. Cranston

Cranston Commander Red Shirt

I will be dressed as a 21st-century American in his late 30s. It may be a little bit difficult to pull off, but I'm going to go for it. :)

4. Roxana

Roxana Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yes, I will go as transvestite Spock. (Female/male transvestism!) I already use any excuse to be Spock, this will just be another one.

5. ancient

ancient Vice Admiral Admiral

Hell No.

6. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

I'll be wearing my copyright-breaching shirt of the Captain Archer card from the Star Trek CCG. :)

7. Woulfe

Woulfe Commodore Commodore

I have a yellow long sleeved shirt, I have black jeans, I have black shoes, it's not a costume, it's normal clothes I bought at Wal Mart, I will ware them when watching movies this year, that's as far as i'll go, no delta shield on my left pec of my shirt, no Phaser, no Tricorder, maybe a Communicatior seeing as folks will mistake it for a cell phone in this day and age anyway, but that's IT.

- W -
    * Sorry, I had to be so dang honest answering this *

8. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe a TOS cast member T-shirt but that's all.

9. blockaderunner

^^^that's kind of ingenious. When I saw The Hulk, I wore a plain green t-shirt and purple shorts. Some Goth chick knew why I wore it and gave me a thumbs up. I might do what you describe, except wear a red long sleeved shirt and then, in the middle of the movie, inexplicably collapse and feign death and have a friend of mine carry me out of the theater.

I'm just wondering. out loud, how to mae this an Event. The SDtudio and viral marketing can only do so much.

10. Woulfe

Woulfe Commodore Commodore

^^^ If you lived where it gets cold in Dec, you could put a jacket on over your outfit and no one would be the wizer ;) heck even a rain jacket would do the trick.

I live in Colorado, and it's not too bad to be seen with a mustard yellow long sleeved shirt, black jeans & black shoes when I take my coat off, so I guess I lucked out.

11. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:lol: Those^^ are good. :bolian:

If I were going to a premier at a Star Trek Convention then it would be a different story, I'd try to find an obscure a character as I could and go as that. My hope would be no one would 'get it' till after the screening.

12. What's his face

What's his face Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Probably not. I can probably wait for the DVD, to be honest.

13. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

No way. I refuse to be fodder for Triumph The Insult Comic Dog.

14. The Doctor

The Doctor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You wear Trek costumes while watching DVD's? :wtf:

The last time I dressed up for a Trek movie premiere I was 10. Eighteen years have passed and I'm not nearly as enamored with the idea as I once was. ;)

15. K-Star

K-Star Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Uh, no. First of all the costume I own is from the wrong era, and second... I dunno if I'm even gonna see this movie. I was never a big fan of TOS. I'm saving my costume for Halloween and Conventions.

16. What's his face

What's his face Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's my fetish.
    No if you'll excuse me, I have to go feel ashamed elsewhere :p

17. enlisted person

enlisted person Admiral Admiral

Does anyone even know what the uniforms look like?

18. blockaderunner

Why not? Getting zinged by Triupmh is proof positive that the popular culture still cares. As bad as NEM was, it couldn't even get a Razzie

19. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Lieutenant Red Shirt

I think some well done Vulcan ears with some stylish regular clothing would be alright.

20. Capt.April

Capt.April Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm an overweight 45 year old white man so I was thinking of that costume the girl 'thrall' wore in "Gamesters of Triskillion" waddya think?