Re-Watching Voyager

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Kooz, Feb 1, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

GET THE CHEESE TO SICKBAY!!

2. JB2005

JB2005 Commodore Commodore

Yeah, but that Voyager episode basically had a built-in reset button with the forgettable aliens...you can't say that about Doctor Who!

3. teacake

I LOVE THEM BOTH.

I like both kinds of cheese.

4. JB2005

JB2005 Commodore Commodore

Doctor Who and Star Trek make up two of the essential cheeses on the Sci Fi 4 cheese pizza!

5. jpch

jpch Commander Red Shirt

Delta Quadrant Borg Queen appartement 8472
    Workforce
    Scorpion
    Unimatrix-0
    Dark frontier
    Basics
    Equinox
    Flesh and blood
    those are amazing episode with amazing writing all 2 parts.

Void
    Prey
    Hunting of deck 12
    Imperfection are cool too ^.^

and btw just ignore all the people who keep hating on Voy,its was a great Trek series far more Original then the others.

6. You_Will_Fail

You_Will_Fail Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Who can it be considered to be far more original than the others when it basically carried on what TOS and TNG already did with very little change to the formula?

7. Destructor

Destructor Commodore Commodore

Well, the whole 'separated from the Federation and trapped in an unknown part of space' certainly makes it more original than TNG, which truly did just repeat TOS' formula- but you'd be hard pressed to say it was more original than DS9.

8. Cartoonist

Cartoonist Captain Captain

I don't really care whether it's original or not, as long as it's entertaining. I'm not grading a film school project, I'm trying to unwind and have an hour of fun. And in this, I think Voyager excelled far more often than it failed. The only episode I would avoid like the plague is "Threshold," which turned out to be even worse than I remembered. "Forgettable" was, for me, one of those episodes I hated in the Nineties, but upon rewatching it just weeks ago, I found it to be pretty damn good.

I also noticed there's a lot more continuity in VOY than I remembered, since in the 90's I was comparing it to DS9. So make sure you watch it in order. There are elements in many episodes that they revisit effectively later on in the series. I have no idea how I didn't notice that when it first ran.

Also, Neelix is far less annoying if you realize from the start that his overbearing ebullience is just a mask he projects to cope with a tragic, tortured, and lonely existence.

9. teacake

Wow, you really have drank the kool-aid.

:guffaw:

10. Kooz

Kooz Lieutenant Red Shirt

Just got through "Alliances" (season 2). Terrible. So far, Janeway is just awful. She has spent most of the series re-wording complicated things other people say, which was lame, but in this episode she displayed absolute ineptitude at leadership. It's amazing her crew hasn't really mutinied.

11. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well I had forgotten what unforgettable was about, but now you mention the guest stars name. I remember it, one of Voyagers, better episode.