Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well after claiming my tribble rewards and and reward for the duty officer event I have two exocomps. Also I did not know the feds and klinks could get a Romulan Doff as a tribble reward.

2. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, that's also for testing on Tribble server.
    I find it awesome. a Romulan explosives expert to be precise. :guffaw:

3. Trek

Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I do love the Tribble Doff rewards. The Android, Romulan and Exo-comp are brilliant (and for a time were my Gorn's only Doffs!)

I also think it's great that the DOFF event is giving us another Exo-comp!

4. Bird of Prey

Bird of Prey Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Patched up last night and received a message to go to DS9 for info on the STF's. You also get a MKX purple gun that is Borg specific. More free goodies !! I also like what they did with Starfleet Academy and moving the Lore and DOFF mission contacts into one of the round buildings.

5. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

Some interesting items. I like the Romulan Explosive Expert even though it's a blue.

6. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

Thanks for reminding me. I went with a space weapon and upgraded one of my forward Plasma Beam Arrays to Borg specific. Ironically, just before that I saw the Borg incursion in every sector I crossed. After getting the weapon, I couldn't find the Borg anywhere. I even tried chasing REDALERT notices but the Borg would always be gone before I arrived. :-(

//

7. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

YOu can always go to gamma orionis to find them.

8. Bird of Prey

Bird of Prey Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I was finally able to do a Defera invasion event. I did four of the single player missions, using the Borg MK X gun I picked up at DS9. It was pretty effective. This is the first time I've had an opportunity to play the Defera invasion missions on holodeck, and I just wish that they ran them a little more frequently.

9. SilentP

SilentP Commodore Commodore

It is quite a fun event. Have to say the Mirror Universe Event is somewhat insane! Though it did make an eventful mark of my promotion to Vice Admiral (still have half the episodes arcs to do though).

I'm wondering if there could be something for the Admiral ranks that allows you to run 'extra' ships kind of like the DOff system, where you can buy extra ships (or use old ones), select a captain from your BOffs, and send it on its way to missions. Hell, you could spend Starfleet Merit points (if they're still about, haven't looked too heavily at that kind of thing) when beginning a mission to be accompanied by one of your 'fleet' ships. That way, being an Admiral is more like an actual commander in the fleet, rather than a ship captain with a few extra doodats on his rank collar.

10. Trek

There was talk of a multiple ship command as part of the eventual Fleet Admiral rank, but at the moment I think that's just an idea and not something actually in development.

11. Cobalt Frost

Cobalt Frost Captain Captain

Cobalt Frost in Phineas & Ferb's backyard
    Just started playing.. I had a TOS Connie in my Inventory, but I double-clicked on it and now I can't find it, any ideas?

12. Kaziarl

Kaziarl Commodore Commodore

It's in Spacedock. I'm not sure how far you are in the tutorial, but it takes you right to it at one point. The NPC is there somewhere, can't remember his name since I haven't played in months.

13. Aeolusdallas

Aeolusdallas Captain Captain

It's in the spacedock. Go there and you will find an NPC who lets you switch out your ships.

14. Cobalt Frost

Cobalt Frost Captain Captain

Cobalt Frost in Phineas & Ferb's backyard
    ^I'll go back to spacedock and look again, thanks.

15. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I take it the new batleths and lirpas you can get at the winter wonderland have something to do with SWTOR coming out today.

16. Trek

Yeah, they're an homage to Star Wars (as is the little green Ferengi who talks backwards that you get them from in Q's Winter Wonderland).

They're only available this week.

17. Aeolusdallas

Aeolusdallas Captain Captain

yeah it's in honor of the launch. A little homage/spoof

18. Delsaber

Delsaber Commodore Commodore

For such a little homage though, it sure has folks on the official forums up in a tizzy. Those cats can't even be happy with free stuff. :rolleyes:

19. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Eh, thought it was kinda funny. Although it appears to be better than the purple Mk X one I had, which is kinda lame for a free weapon to be nerfing gear i had to work for, but hey...

20. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I only just head that STO is going free-to-play and this is one mmo I've been wanting to try out, so I'm looking forward to playing with you guys soon. By the way, do you guys think a lifetime membership is worth its price for STO?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.