USS Titan in The Official Starships Collection

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by 8of5, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Established by whom?

Given that the only Vulcan and Andorian one's I can think of are from Enterprise and predate the creation of the Federation, they don't count as being Federation ships.

Anyway, you want to split hairs, I might get the Vulcan and Andorian cruisers, haven't decided yet and I'm mainly getting the Starfleet vessels.

2. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

I've also been getting mostly the Starfleet ships-- the only exceptions I've made so far are the K't'inga and the D'deridex, because I like them so much. Oh, and I guess technically the Dauntless isn't Starfleet. I will get the ENT Vulcan cruiser, though.

3. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

The Kumari-class serves Federation Starfleet following the founding. (ENT: Rise of the Federation: Tower of Babel). Andorian and Tellarite Federation ships are still active in the 23rd century (TOS: Burden of Knowledge). Finally, in a timeline where the Borg weren't absorbed into the Caeliar gestalt, the Andorians and Vulcans are among the Federation members supplying their ships to Starfleet (STO).

I'm not splitting hairs for the sake of splitting hairs, just to point out that not to equate Earth Starfleet with Federation Starfleet. :)

4. Brefugee

Ah, so in Chris's tosh that is Rise of the Federation. Well I'm sorry but one, they ain't canon and two, I thought they were shite (well the first one anyway as I have no intention of reading ths second one) and because of that, they're not even in my own personal continuity, same with that god awful game some harp on about it around these parts.

5. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Admittedly, Star Ttrek Online has very little in the ways of storyline or character developments worth holding on to, but I have to disagree with your interpretations of the Rise of the Federation novels by CLB.

The books have been a nice continuation of Enterprise, showcasing the work behind building the Federation as well as the development of Federation Technologies and Ideologies.

Can't wait for the next one.

6. Brefugee

Which is your privilege, mine is that I don't like what I read, I'm glad they're not canon and won't be part of my own personal continuity.

7. Technobuilder

I couldn't care less if you liked it or not. If you're going to lambast something at least give a reason. All you've done is name call one and cast aspersions on a second book you haven't read and don't plan to. All of which makes it difficult to understand your perspective.

Keep track of whatever you want to keep track of, but give reasons for your opinions, so others can follow along otherwise you're just tilting at windmills.

8. Brefugee

I've said before, I said yesterday in another thread, but what the hell. It's boring, it tries to fill in all the possible gaps (which he does in what feels like all his books) it also tells the reader what is happening too much and doesn't actually show what is happening. I also personally believe that Chris should be removed from the rotation of writers and allow others, including KRAD who has a proven track record to be reincluded.

So yes, it's my privilege to be able to consider them not part of my own personal continuity. I don't plan on spending another £6.99 on a product I do not enjoy.

You want to take umbridge at that, fine, that is your privilege, I've not said you mustn't read or enjoy them, I've just given my own opinion on the matter.

9. Technobuilder

Like I said, I don't care if you like them or not. It wasn't about the books at all, but more the lack of substance behind your usage of colorful metaphor that irked me.

I get the impression however that your dislike extends beyond just this particular series of his though so you might want to re-examine if it's the books or the author you have the issues with.

Anywho, yeah, just remember to include reasons for what you say and I'm fine with all of it.

And yeah, who wouldn't love to have KRAD back in the fold, but word is that the current management doesn't care for working with him. A shame considering his talent and ability.

10. Destructor

Destructor Commodore Commodore

DONE. I'm a subscriber too, I don't care what they make, I'll buy it.

11. Technobuilder

Question for subscribers...

What's the cost per model after all the introductory and bonus stuff is ignored?

$20 US? more?

12. fleetcaptain

fleetcaptain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I signed the other day after I read the interview and wanna see this made. Also wanna see USS Aventine too including NX refit Enterprise as well as a few other non cannon ships like Robinson, Da Vinci, Excalibur-A, Trident and a few others. Also Columbia, Challenger and Phoenix.

13. mindx2

mindx2 Commander Red Shirt

I'm charged $43.80 USD per month for 2 ships (+ magazines) including shipping so roughly $22 USD per ship. They really are very nice, detailed models for their size. Better than anything I've seen except for high end models.

14. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

I get mine at my local comic book store, and I pay a flat $20 (plus tax) for each ship. (The nice thing about going through them is that I can pick and choose.)

15. Titan Designer

Titan Designer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I would SO LOVE seeing my Titan added to the collection. SO please please get as many signatures as you can. I would also love seeing the Aventine, the NX-Refit, and the Enterprise-F added to the collection as well.

16. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I can only second all of the above.

17. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Really? That's three Galaxy classes and one Sabre class... and we've already got the Enterprise-D, and a Sabre is apparently provisionally on the list already. I'd much rather see new designs each month, rather than just have them stick different names and registries on models they've already produced.

18. DS9Continuing

DS9Continuing Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ooh yes Da Vinci! Make me a Sabre class!

I feel like the 'star' ships from all the continuing books series should get a model, if we're going for the Titan (even if the Titan is the only one that's actually canon-ish). But as you say, that seems a bit pointless if they're just the same model with a different name painted on it.

At least Titan, Aventine and Da Vinci would be so-far-unique designs.

How about a model of the Vanguard station? or of the new DS9?

19. SicOne

SicOne Commodore Commodore

Saw this after I posted some more detailed questions in the Gen Trek discussion thread, Dimesdan; thanks for the reply.

20. BobtheGunslinge

BobtheGunslinge Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Are these models made of plastic? Or do they have metal components?