ReBoot complete series to DVD in 2011

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by 23skidoo, Oct 5, 2010.

1. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

Shout Factory has announced plans to issue the early CGI series ReBoot to DVD next year as a Complete Series set.

Although a few individual episodes/arcs had been issued to DVD a few years back, this is going to be the whole thing.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/ReBoot-The-Complete-Series/14499

I'm looking forward to this. Although it started out as something as a kiddie show, as it progressed the storylines got more complex and darker. I was particularly impressed when they devoted an entire season for a story arc that didn't even feature Bob or Dot Matrix, only Enzo and Andrea (and included great parodies of Star Trek and The Prisoner along the way).

I wonder if we can thank Tron 2 (and the inevitability of a Blu-Ray reissue of the original Tron) for ReBoot getting a reissue?

Alex

2. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Wasn't there supposed to be a new Reboot project in development? I remember a teaser finding it's was onto the net about a year ago but nothing of substance since.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah. There were a couple of new projects in development. The first was in a form of a web comic that completed the cliffhanger from "My Two Bobs" and then there was supposed to be an entirely new film trilogy. There was even a teaser trailer released a couple years ago but there has been zero progress on the project as far as I've been able to tell.

This is great news. I'm a huge "Reboot" fan.

4. Lowdarzz

Lowdarzz Captain Captain

Finally. I watched this show during its initial run on ABC and during repeats when it was shown during the Toonami segment on Cartoon Network.

The 2nd season finale was fantastic.

5. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Admiral Young and I agree; this is awesome news! :bolian:

Oh, man. I must have been ten or so when I first saw it on UPN, and it blew my mind. I was, all, what. the. f*** just happened?!?!

6. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

hurrah, a long as they can sort out a worldwide deal too.

7. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

Oh man. This was my favourite show as a kid. Can't wait to watch the whole thing again. Had to download since ITV (HTV at the time) only showed up to the Pirate two parter in season three before pulling the show.

8. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh yes! This show was awesome!

9. Admiral_Young

The end of season two and all of season three is my favorite season of the show.

10. The Wormhole

^^Mine too. Especially the final arc of the third season in which they return to Mainframe and discover it conquered by Megabyte and fight to liberate it. The flashbacks depicting how Megabyte rose to power, the battle to re-take the Principal Office. When I was 12, I considered that to be the pinnacle of television. It's still within my top ten.

Though, I got to admit, I was a bit underwhelmed with the telemovies/fourth season. Of course, it's possible it's one of those things where my hopes were so high, I was setting myself up to be disappointed. However, they did seem self-indulgent and constantly pulling everything from the show's past felt like they wanted to show off how far the CGI had come since the early years. Still fun to watch though.

11. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

Same here - in fact I only saw anything past 3.3.1 two years ago when I remembered the show and Youtubed it. Absolute quality. To this day "The ABCs! They've turned on us!" "Treacherous dogs!" remains a favourite quote amongst my friends.

From the Power Rangers parody episode onwards the show was superb. Up there with Beast Wars for my favourite 90s shows.

12. Gaith

Loved the first and last 4-ep S3 arcs, but I thought the middle ones were pretty lame, especially the Web episodes. Never bothered to Netflix S4. (And who's that new guy voicing Bob?!)

Oh, man: anyone remember the first season funhouse/evil clown ep? Now, that was some freaky s***!

Oh, and "High Code"... that was awesome... So many memories... can't wait! Also, here's hoping they include the footage from the PS1 game...

Now, if they'd just release seasons 3 and 4 of Early Edition and the last season of The Practice, I'd be all set!

13. Admiral_Young

I didn't mind "Daemon Rising" the first half of "season four" (YTV in Canada aired both Daemon Rising and My Two Bobs as separate TV movies) but felt that parts of "My Two Bobs" felt short and felt a bit cheated by the cliffhanger ending even though I understood it.

14. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The OP just made my day.

ReBoot: The Complete Series on DVD!

Stay Frosty!

15. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

My pleasure - Shout Factory comes through again!

There is a reference to "Digital Distribution" which might mean downloads, so that could be it. Not the same as having a full-out DVD release, though.

How is Shout Factory for releases outside North America - or do they turn up?

Alex

16. Gaith

[​IMG]

HELL and YES!

17. The Wormhole

Ooh, that looks nice.

18. Freman

Freman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yay!! There will be audio commentaries!!! Definitely picking this up!

19. Gaith

20. Admiral_Young

I'll be ordering mine pretty soon.