Sexiest DS9 character?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by DevilEyes, Jun 29, 2009.

?

Who was the sexiest for you?

1. Jadzia Dax

37 vote(s)
    20.2%
  2. Kira Nerys

27 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. Ezri Dax

46 vote(s)
    25.1%
  4. Leeta

25 vote(s)
    13.7%
  5. Keiko O'Brien

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Kassidy Yates

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  7. Captain Benjamin Sisko

4 vote(s)
    2.2%
  8. Dr. Julian Bashir

12 vote(s)
    6.6%
  9. Worf

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Odo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Miles O'Brien

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Gul Dukat

7 vote(s)
    3.8%
  13. Elim Garak

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  14. Damar

4 vote(s)
    2.2%
  15. Weyoun

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  16. Vedek Boreil Antos

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Quark :-p

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Jake Sisko (...since he grew up, obviously!)

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  19. other (male)

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  20. other (female)

9 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Are there really so many more men than women in this forum?

2. Vulcan Princess

Vulcan Princess Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A recent poll in the Miscellaneous forum revealed that the ratio is about 2:1.

3. DevilEyes

Yet just 8 votes out of 40 in this poll are for male characters. Maybe most of the women hang out in STXI but not in DS9 subforum...

4. Smiley

Smiley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I voted Jadzia. The cold skin is a little strange, but she has great beauty and personality.

5. LadyPenelope

LadyPenelope Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Definately Weyoun. No doubt about it.

6. Cali

Cali Admiral Admiral

I vote for Julian Bashir. :adore:

7. DevilEyes

The Vorta are asexual, aren't they? The Founders didn't engineer them to have sexual desire or to have sex. They obviously have an outward appearance of a male or female, but I wonder if they even have genitalia? They did originate from an actual ape-like species, but the Founders might have changed their makeup and removed everything that they thought Vorta could do without.

8. Navaros

Navaros Commodore Commodore

^

I don't agree with that. Kilana most definitely used her sexuality to aid in her goals.

Weyoun was clearly banging Damar's girlfriend as evidenced when he says "what a remarkable woman", which is one of the reasons why Damar hated him so much. I suspect Weyoun was also banging the female Founder after Odo gave her a taste for it.

9. LadyPenelope

LadyPenelope Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

You're kidding?!?!?!
    Oh well, I thought that since they obviously had male and female Vorta then they would be, you know, male and female, lol! In my defence it's more the fact that Weyoun is played by Jeffrey Combs, who is male. :lol:

Who knows, the Founders might even have been kind when they changed the Vorta. Yeah, my vote is the same still.

10. DevilEyes

^ Which might be the answer to the question why they gave them male or female appearance. Works well on solids. In fact, solids might even get creeped out if they saw a genderless being.

But that still doesn't mean that Vorta actually have sex or are interested in it. They don't reproduce sexually... and of course they could still be interested in sex or capable of sex if the Founders had decided that they needed to have that in their genetic makeup... But would they? I guess you might argue that they could use sex for manipulation, but they could as well be manipulated through it, and the Dominion never seemed to need that kind of manipulation as a strategy anyway (what's the point, if you can infiltrate the solids much more easily by shapeshifting into whoever you like).

I don't think it was 100% stated that they were asexual like the Jem' Hadar... But I think that Quark complained under the occupation that all the Dominion races were totally hopeless as customers and that they weren't interested in drink or sex.

I never got the impression that Weyoun was banging Damar's gf or anyone, and Damar certainly had lots of reasons to be annoyed with Weyoun anyway... Besides, I thought Damar was just drowing his sorrows in drink and casual sex and I didn't get the impression that he was even remotely serious about any of the women.

I am sure that Weyoun was not banging the Female Changeling, since she thought solids' sex was boring and a pathetic replacement for the Great link, so she probably wouldn't be interested in it.

It makes you wonder why the changelings are "male" or "female" since they don't reproduce sexually and normally wouldn't have sex the solids' way. I guess that it's just an assumed identity - they should be able to shapeshift into a male or a female humanoid equally easily.

11. Captain Fine

Captain Fine Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It was always said the Vorta were cloned. But I'm not 100% if ALL Vorta were cloned. If they do have sex, it's not for desire, merely to procreate. I would imagine the Founders would maintain sexual procreation just to keep a diverse gene pool that wouldn't be available just from cloning every single Vorta. I think Weyoun was a pretty special case for Vorta. Usually if they died, they just died. But Weyoun was an important one, so they kept copies of him.

I guess we'll never really know for sure.

12. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

To all those who voted for Ezri, what do you find sexy about her? I don't think she's unattractive or anything, but I don't understand her popularity in a poll like this. She had such a tomboy appearance with that haircut and the fact that she almost always wore a uniform. Other than in one holodeck adventure, was there ever a time when she dress provocatively?

I like her and think she's good-looking, but I don't see how she could be seen as "sexy". There's also the fact that she's got that neurotic, nervous, fragile personality that makes me feel sorry for her or just think she's cute and endearing rather than 'hubba hubba'. :p

13. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What, she can't inspire both thought processes simultaneously?

I can't give a quantifiable reason. She, in addition to being someone who I just wanted to reach out and hug, was just incredibly hot in my opinion. And if you mean Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang, guh. That was "Damnit, why couldn't she have worn a fancy dress" more than anything.

14. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

TMF--Why does Ezri (or any other woman) have to dress provocatively or in a risque fashion to be attractive?

I know that at least with my view on men, I actually find a finely-tailored suit more likely to get my attention than a show-all Speedo!

15. happydave

happydave Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

In regards to Ezri, it's also her attitude. Her attractiveness is understated and it's almost like she's not trying but can pull it off. She's bubbly, perky, fun and has that girl-next-door quality which a lot of guys find attractive.

In comparison with other characters like Leeta, the fact they're trying to be sexy (or the writers are trying to make a sexy character, can lead to it being fairly forced, especially if they can't quite pull it off.

16. Possum

Possum Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Sisko-once he grew his beard and shaved his head :)

Bashir was good looking but I never found his character as compelling. I also enjoyed Odo's voice.

17. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

I didn't say they have to dress that way to look attractive. As I said, I do find Ezri attractive, but we're talking about sex appeal which means a little more than just 'attractive'. And women can be sexy without dressing provocatively, but if that's not the reason they're sexy, I'd think the reason would have to do with the way they conduct themselves - for me, that's projecting an attitude of confidence and pride, as well as a personality that shows individuality, cleverness, and depth.

I didn't see those kinds of qualities in Ezri, so basically she didn't really fit my idea of sexy in either her look or the way she carried herself. Again, that's not to say I didn't like her. I liked her more the way you like a little kid who you find charming because they're so honest, helpful, and nice, which is obviously not a sexual way to like someone.

Ryuroots said she's someone you just want to hug and I feel that way about her too, but I think that's different from finding someone sexy. If someone appeals to you sexually, you want to do a lot more than just hug them. :devil: I guess we just have different definitions of what in a woman's appearance and personality makes them appeal on that level.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  18. Fencer

Fencer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Sex Appeal changes from person to person so you're going to have to allow for individual taste but Ezri's sex appeal lies in the fact she's manages to be an ingenue and gamine at the same time. Sweet, seemingly Innocent and playfully mischievous does it for me.

19. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

I read that as 'Sexist DS9 character' and thought the thread would be full of furious debate.

20. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Captain Boday.