Things about Trek you never knew

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Amasov, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Amasov

Amasov Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As fans, I'm sure we all like to think we know everything there is to know about our favorite franchise -- I know I have, but once in a while, some obscure fact presents itself that I never knew anything about.

For instance, just now, after watching an episode of the original series, I noticed one of the producers of the show was Edward K. Milkis -- who went on to be part of the production team of Miller Boyett. The team later responsible for such shows as Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, Mork and Mindy, and most of those TGIF series my generation grew up with on ABC throughout the 90s.

So, if anyone's up for it, I thought we'd have a thread like this. We can educate ourselves a bit. :)

2. kennysmith

kennysmith Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

you just found one of the people who went on to do a nice tv show.

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I either never knew or it somehow dropped out of my brain that Jeffery Combs also played the dim witted Ferengi in the Enterprise episode Acquisition. I was absolutely shocked not to have known this.

4. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I had no idea Weyoun and Brunt were played by the same person until I started coming here again.

Also I had no idea that the Voyager human cast were under explicit instructions to be boring. (Mission accomplished)

5. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

6. Belz...

Belz... Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In a finely-crafted cosmos... of my own making.
    Haha... what ?

7. plynch

plynch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

1701's lower sensor dome had a little dingly thing sticking out. And there were really faint gridlines on the top of the saucer that didn't photograph well or at all.

8. Belz...

Belz... Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In a finely-crafted cosmos... of my own making.
    Yeah I found that out last week-end by checking the DS9 model.... but it was never visible on the original show and I can't see it on pictures of the original model.

9. Amasov

Amasov Rear Admiral Rear Admiral