PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 2 trailer is genuinely scary

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Jun 30, 2010.

1. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

2. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

How is it scary? It's just some random images.

3. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

4. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Apparently, people are easily frightened by...stuff.

Maybe I could make a few million by putting them in front of a blank screen and flashing strobe lights every now and then.

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm fundamentally against this sequel and have been bashing it's very right to exist from the start but even I have to admit that went along way to convince me that this might not be so bad after all. I guess that woman is Katie...lol. Damn Speilberg. No one demand this sequel, this was made solely due to the massive and unexpected box office intake "Paranormal Activity" did and executives taking advantage of that. Just as they did with "Blair Witch 2". As I mentioned in another thread the creative team involved in this movie are very aware of the utter crap that "Blair Witch 2" was and have said they aren't going to make the same mistake with "Paranormal Activity 2". Not much is known about the cast or plot except that this sequel has the same premise as the first one except with a bigger budget and an actual script.

Did you actually watch the trailer? There weren't just "random images" (maybe they were to you) but I saw the dogs barking and the kid in the crib reacting and then a woman standing in a catatonic state not un similar to Katie in the first movie (it probably was Katie). If you didn't it that's fine. I keep laughing at the cheep marketing gimmick of them showing the crowd reactions. It worked but it's still pretty cheesy IMO.

6. JacksonArcher

I thought it was scary. :shrug:

7. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I guess that was Katie standing by a crib, but I don't see how that is supposed to be scary. There's no actual hint of plot or anything. I thought the theater crowd was goofy. Oh well, I'm a huge fan of the first film.

8. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Supposedly on the left-hand side, something can be read in the reflection of the closet mirror. Upside and backwards, the words read: "What is happening to Hunter?"

9. Admiral_Young

Hmmm interesting. Didn't catch that.

10. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Eh...looked like more of the same. And I got enough of that last movie--which was nowhere NEAR as scary as people make it out to be.

11. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

If it means I get another 90 minutes of Boobies McCleavage, that's fine by me.

12. Admiral_Young

^ Demon possessed Boobies McCleavage most likely no less!!!

13. JacksonArcher

I've done some deciphering of the Paranormal Activity 2 trailer. Take a look at the last frame of the trailer: you can see the reflection of the baby -- but there is no baby in the room. Also, the writing on the mirror ("What is happening to Hunter?") must refer to the child. Perhaps the demon has its sights set on the little baby?

14. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, really uh...... scary.

15. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, why don't you do that?

16. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

I thought the first one absolutely sucked (except for the ending). I don't understand this idea that I'm supposed to like something more just because it's supposedly more realistic. That doesn't make it scary. It just makes it really fucking boring.

The sequel? I could care less.

17. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Could you?

18. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

my favorite parts were the classic standing by the bed time-lapses (don't tell me that wouldn't freak you the fuck out if your significant other did that shit, while you slept), the dragging out of the bed and down the hallway scene, and the last scene.

19. CaptJimboJones

CaptJimboJones Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought the original was pretty scary - I had trouble sleeping the night I saw it, first time in many, many years that a movie has had that effect on me.

That said, it was wildly overhyped (much like Blair Witch) and I don't really see the need for a sequel, which smells like a blatant cash-in. Still, if it's good, I'll check it out.

20. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought that the original film was decent for a low-budget suspense film. I mean, they made it on a tiny budget and I thought that it worked. It wasn't particularly "scary", though, IMO. A sequel is completely unnecessary.