Ok, after the 1st rewatch it starts getting boring

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by thinker, May 13, 2009.

1. thinker

thinker Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

THANK GOD! actually. I thought, this is the best series in the history of the universe and it makes me feel ok that i can 'shed it away from me', not having to rewatch it.

(it started getting boring about the 4th season)

2. JustKate

JustKate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What can I say except that I completely disagree - at least I think I do, assuming you are saying TNG started getting boring about the 4th season. Seasons 1 and 2 were, to put it charitably, pretty damn weak, but seasons 3-6 were fabulous. Season 7 was mixed, but it too had some great episodes and ended with one of the best series finales on TV. So as I said, I disagree. But if you're happy to be bored with it (?), who am I to stand in your way?

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  3. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's the best series in the universe, but it's too boring to rewatch... ok?

4. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

I still rewatch a lot of TNG and still enjoy it. It's personal preference IMO.

5. JustKate

JustKate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks - that clears everything up! ;)

6. CaptainStoner

CaptainStoner Knuckle-dragging TNZ Denizen Admiral

Also depends on pacing.

7. The Grim Ghost

The Grim Ghost Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I totally disagree. I've watched the entire series probably 20 times at this point, maybe even more. There are times that I feel burned out on it sure, but usually a year or two of being without it makes it seem fresh once more.

This is one case where not owning the DVDs can be a good thing. I've never had the ability to watch any of the Trek series whenever I wanted to. I've always been at the mercy of reruns. So when a new channel starts showing TNG I'm usually genuinely excited and go out of my way to watch it.

WGN America's current 1 am timeslot works great for me.

8. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think I've ever rewatched the whole series. I just pick and choose.

9. Similitude

Similitude Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Seasons 4-6 are some of the best TV ever. I have to wonder what in the world happened with Season 7 though. Some really odd episodes.

10. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Ron Moore admitted they were running on empty by that point and maybe TNG should have ended with S6.

11. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yep. In fact, I just rewatched The Inner Light and Journey's End this last week and enjoyed them a lot. I'm glad I have the DVDs at my disposal if I ever feel in the mood. Same goes with Star Trek, DS9, and Voyager.

12. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd Vice Admiral

In its original run, I essentially stopped watching in season 7. It just wasn't the same for some reason. But I did tune in for the finale.

13. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

There are some episodes that are hard to rewatch, but I find that the rewatchable ones far outnumber the unrewatchable ones.

14. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

All Good Things is one of fave finales for ANY show I've watched, really. Lovely way of bookending the series with Q's Trial and the basic themes of Trek itself, the human adventure.

Of course, the downside was the AGT set the quality bar too high for any of the movies to match. Including FC.

15. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

That's dedication for you! Wow. I'd be tapping you for my team if I were in a TNG quiz or something. :techman:

16. tomalak301

I just wonder who hasn't seen the series at least 20 times. It's been easily accessible ever since it started. ;)

Not judging anyone here, just making an observant joke. :)

17. WillsBabe

^ I doubt I've seen it half that many, to be honest. Not recently anyway. TOS, easily, but not TNG.

18. tomalak301

I'm actually thinking about starting Star Trek again because there are only episodes I've seen only once. I really should watch that series more.

19. WillsBabe

I think it's great when there are episodes that you don't remember at all, or very well because it's like seeing a whole new bit of Trek again! :)

20. NumberOne

NumberOne Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Agreed. I love it when I catch a rerun of TNG and it's an ep I don't remember all that well. But then it usually all comes back to me and I remember the entire ep. I still end up watching it anyway.