If you were on the Enterprise D, what would you do?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Mars, Sep 11, 2012.

1. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

Besides, that's what the Heisenberg Compensator is for. :p

2. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

He saved Earth from a crazed Romulan miner from the future. You're lucky they didn't make him a Captain.

3. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

For those of us who would bring the technology of the Enteprise to the modern world, the Starling route would be almost a necessity.

The more easily exploitable technology would be used to create wealth, which would then establish research labs. If you found the cure for AIDS and cancer on the Enterprise, but it was only a few vials in a storage box, what then? Episodes like Code of Honor and The Enemy show that the replicator has trouble reproducing certain medical treatments. You're going to have to reverse engineer a lot of things on the Enterprise to then mass manufacture them with 21st century technology.

It would be like if you were sent to the 17th century and knew how to make synthetic diamonds. Isn't that nice, because you can't produce them with 17th century tech.

:)

4. Captain McBain

Captain McBain Captain Captain

Assuming I was a guest, I'd take time to chat with each of the senior staff members, and also Chief O'Brien and Ro. Also Wesley, unless it was 'young Wes.' Then I'd probably point and laugh at him for getting stabbed during the events of "Hide and Q."

Then I'd spend some time on Holodeck 2, wondering how in the world, with a ship carrying over 1000 people, there isn't a line outside of each holodeck or at least a waiting list (or maybe there is).

5. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

OP did say no people...

6. Lt. LaForge

Lt. LaForge Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

In other words, you'd be a dictator...

7. Darkwing

Darkwing Commodore Commodore

The Greeks used to call them "tyrants". But that was when it was a good thing. Take charge, fix the mess, do whatever is necessary, and usurp any and all authority you need to do it, then get banished once you've solved everything.

Yeah, I don't see the problem. I'd handle things a little differently. No face to face, a lot less tech transfer, no beaming spec-ops types anywhere. I would beam up a bunch of my friends to help run the ship and to help with my ancillary projects.

After hiding the ship on the far side of Luna, I'd establish a cache with at least 2 shuttles, 2 replicators, a transporter, one of the ship's computer cores, and a fusion reactor to power it. Life support, shields, etc. - all replicated, not cannibalized. Then change all passwords. After all, when Picard and company find their way out of the dimensional prison or whatever and want their ship back, I want to have wiped the ship's memory of having shared all that stuff with me and installed a "don't see me" program in the computer so a sensor sweep doesn't let the cat out of the bag.

Also, when communicating with anyone on Earth, I'd have the call routed to the holodeck, to the bridge of the real Enterprise - no bloody A, B, C, or D! I'd have the holodeck mask me in a projection of Kirk, so I would not be recognized. I would however, require the president to personally call all surviving cast or family of cast from the original series to pass on a hello from the "real" Kirk!

I'd also engage in some geoengineering. Carve a canal from Death Valley to the Pacific and to Baja, creating an inland sea. Carve another from the Sahara to the Atlantic. Look at the possibility of relieving the pressure under Yellowstone. Widen the Suez and Panama canals. Make the Northwest Passage.

8. Darkwing

Darkwing Commodore Commodore

Forgot to add: rechristen the ship "Walloping Window Blind"

The Walloping Window Blind - Lyrics
    A capital ship for an ocean trip
    Was the Walloping Window Blind.
    No wind that blew dismayed her crew,
    Or troubled the captain's mind.
    Chorus --
    Then blow, ye winds, Heigh-ho! A-roving I will go!
    I'll stay no more on England's shore,
    So let the music play-ay-ay!
    I'm off for the morning train!
    I'll cross the raging main!
    I'm off to my love with a boxing glove,
    Ten thousand miles away!
    The man at the wheel was made to feel
    Contempt for the wildest blow-ow-ow
    Tho' it often appeared when the gale had cleared,
    That he'd been in his bunk below.
    Chorus --

The bo' swain's mate was very sedate
    Yet fond of amusement too;
    He played hopscotch with the starboard watch
    While the captain, he tickled the crew.
    Chorus --

And the gunner we had was apparently mad,
    For he sat on the afterrai-ai-ail,
    And fired salutes With the captain's boots,
    In the teeth of the blooming gale!
    Chorus --

The captain sat on the commodore's hat
    And dined in a royal way,
    Off toasted pigs and pickles and figs
    And gunnery bread each day.
    Chorus --

And the cook was Dutch, and behaved as such,
    For the diet he gave the crew-ew-ew
    Was a number of tons of hot cross buns
    Served up with sugar and glue.
    Chorus --

We all felt ill as mariners will
    On a diet that's cheap and rude,
    And the poop deck shook when we dipped the cook
    In a tub of his gluesome food.
    Chorus --

All nautical pride we laid aside,
    And we ran the vessel ashore
    On the Gulliby Isles where the poo-poo smiles,
    And the rubbly updugs roar.
    Chorus --

And we set on the edge of a sandy ledge
    And shot at the whistling bee-ee-ee;
    And the cinnamon bats wore waterproof hats
    As they dipped in the shining sea.
    Chorus --

On rugbug bark from morn till dark,
    We dined till we all had grown
    Uncommonly shrunk when a Chinese junk
    Came up from the Torribly Zone.
    Chorus --

She was chubby and square, but we didn't much care
    As we cheerily put to sea-ea-ea;
    And we left all the crew of the junk to chew
    On the bark of the rugbug tree.
    Chorus --
    Then blow, ye winds, Heigh-ho! A-roving I will go!
    I'll stay no more on England's shore,
    So let the music play-ay-ay!
    I'm off for the morning train!
    I'll cross the raging main!
    I'm off to my love with a boxing glove,
    Ten thousand miles away!

9. Lord Lunacy

Lord Lunacy Commander Red Shirt

Do what Picard does when things just don't seem right...scream, "Q!"

10. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Right, people have always had a lot of luck using superior technology to force their moral will on the rest of the world. That's never turned out bad for anyone, especially in the Star Trek universe. ;)

Me, I'd just kinda replicate a lot of replicators and send them to all the needy parts in the world complete with the ability to replicate the cure for all known diseases. Then I'd probably just use the Enterprise to explore the universe and have fun. All you can do is give people the means to help themselves, you can't force them to do it, like the old cliche about the horse.

I guess I'd probably also transport all the people out of North Korea's camp 14 into South Korea, and free other political prisoners from tyrants as well. Everything I could do to help people without forcing my will on anyone.

With one exception. I'd transport a lot of money into the homes of David Lynch and other great directors who can't get funding.

11. Captain Rob

Captain Rob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd take the Enterprise to Mars and transport up all of the rovers NASA has tooling around along with several tons of Martian soil. Travel back to Earth and beam everything down to the parking lot of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory just to mess with them.
    Then during the middle of the night I'd move the retired aircraft carrier USS Enterprise from it's current berth in Norfolk, Va to the middle of a cornfield in Riverside, Iowa.

12. A'Tun-Te

A'Tun-Te Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Punch in a crap load of digits into the nav-com, and tell the computer to "Engage..."
    Where we end up, is where we will be.

Albeit, I do hope ONE more person to be there... Mr. Data.
    OR: Mr. Spock...

13. Captain Rob

Captain Rob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Mr Spock? On the Enterprise -D? Yeah I know he's real old and everything.
    I've got it...
    "Computer... Activate Emergency Science Officer Hologram."

14. Vito Corleone

Vito Corleone Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

No, just keep the stuff from getting into the hands of politicians (whom I will never trust) and slowly use business/industry to introduce it all into society.

Handing over all that tech at once (and causing Humanity to go from Type-0 to Type-2 on the Kardashev scale practically overnight) would cause society to go nuts.

15. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

The original post doesn't specify which Enterprise. In any case, something must be amiss if the turbolift grants a civilian security access to the bridge and other restricted areas. First step would be to see if anyone can be contacted on the planet. If friendly, ask for or offer assistance. If hostile, order the computer to set course for the nearest habitable starbase, after a full orbital phaser barrage at hostile's coordinates.

16. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Since when couldn't unauthorized persons go to the bridge anytime they wanted?

:)

17. Brainsucker

Brainsucker Captain Captain

I will point my phaser to CBS and tell them to start another Star Trek Series. Or else...

But before that, I will slap my own cheek and ask myself," Am I dreaming or something, or am I sober enough to understand that I'm not in a fantasy land like Walt Disney.

18. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

psssst! Thread title....

19. A'Tun-Te

A'Tun-Te Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I was only thinking: if I had the sudden loss of sanity, and find myself on the Enterprise, then why leave out either Mr. Data or Mr. Spock?

Or T'Pol, but for different reasons... heheheheheh

20. Anji

Anji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Assisting in the birth of baby Horta on Janus VI
    On the Enterprise-D? I'd head straight for Captain Picard's quarters. After I've had my way with him, then I'll save the universe.

'Girl's gotta have priorities!