Star Trek Vegas Khan 2013

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by M.A.C.O., Jul 3, 2013.

1. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Is anyone on this board going to the Trek Convention in Vegas this year? If so I'd like to meet some of you in person.

I plan on spoiling myself with as MANY photo-ops of Trek stars as I can. So far I think it's $420 on photo ops tickets already XD

2. borg3060

borg3060 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'll be there! I'm dressing up every day, and I'm bringing TNG Data, FC Data, Lore from "Brothers", Carlos from South America, Frank Hollander, my Borg, and Kirok.

3. OBXTrekkie

OBXTrekkie Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'd love to go but it's not in the cards for me this year. Who are you lined up for so far?

4. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Nice to "meet" ;) you AllStarEnterprise:

It appears to me that this is your first Vegas Con. Right?

As a veteran of the Creation Vegas convention, I'm going to make a suggestion: STOP BUYING PHOTO OP TICKETS or you are going to end up spending the entire convention standing in line. You want how I know that? Because the first time I attended, I made the same mistake you're making. I loaded up on tickets and I was exhausted throughout the convention. I was barely able to work in meals.

I also recommend that you take it easy on the autograph tickets, too. The actors who are going to be at the convention will, in all likelihood, be back next year, and the year after that and the year after that.

Other suggestions:

Wear comfortable shoes that provide support because, like I said, you'll be spending a lot of time in line.

If you have access to a computer and printer that produces good color prints go to www.trekcore.com and click on screencaps and select pics for autographing. Then you don't have to go to the vendors' room and spend a fortune on pics.

I recommend that you select pictures that are going to be bright. The actors use a silver ink pen to autograph dark pictures and the silver doesn't adhere very well and it could end up rubbing off. That has been my experience.

Bring a backpack. Pick up bottled water and cereal bars and granola bars to keep you going until you can squeeze in a proper meal.

You also might want to go to Staples or Office Max and pick up clear plastic sleeves to put the photo ops and autographed pictures into. A binder would be handy, too.

P.S.: This link takes you to another part of the board re: Meet-Ups and conventions:

http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47

5. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

Even better, make sure that you print out the photos in Kodak or Fuji photo paper, so that the people in charge of autographs don't think that you're just giving them printouts of the stars on cheap paper. :)

6. Data girl

Data girl Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I can not make it this year.
    I would like to know when creation will announce when next years con is, so I can get my tickets early.

7. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Go to this link, where you can sign up for e-mail alerts.

http://www.creationent.com/calendar.htm

8. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Actually this will be my second visit to Vegas Khan. I feel compelled to get as many photo ops of the stars as I can. They're like pkmn cards to me T_T.
    I already have with
    Shatner
    Stewart
    Brooks
    Mulgrew
    Nimoy
    Nichols
    Takei
    Frakes
    Spiner
    Auberjonois

I'm lined up to get Siddig, Ryan, Picardo, Burton and Eve so far. I decided to reevaluate my list.

9. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Good for you! I've love to read your report when you get back.

10. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

The wife, rugrat and myself will be there. Really looking forward to it, we haven't been to a proper convention in years.

11. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

I've been to many Creation cons, and these are great tips!

I would also recommend not buying autograph or photo op tickets online at all. They charge you a $7 processing fee per item. Unless it's a super rare person that will sell out quick, you can get all your tickets in person and save $7 per ticket.

12. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

I will be there.

13. Jim Pickering

Jim Pickering Cadet Newbie

This will be my first Star Trek Convention too! I guess I picked the right one, too. I was going to be on vacation that week, and added Vegas as one leg in the trip. I saw Shatner was going to be there, I have to bear witness to his spectacle ha ha I'm from Riverside, IA (future birthplace of Capt. Kirk) and I was in a reality show with Shatner almost ten years ago. I can't wait to meet some new friends, and have a good time in Vegas! (Now... where did I put that phaser?)