Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Temis the Vorta, Jul 3, 2012.

1. jbny67

jbny67 Captain Captain

2. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

New concept art revealed:

[​IMG]

They also had on display at Comic-Con several props from the movie. You can see them in the first 4 images of this gallery.

3. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't see Batista as clearly in Drax but this artist rendering did a good job of capturing Zoe and Pratt in their roles.

I saw the 15min panel at SDCC on YouTube and my excitement for this is going up more and more.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Rocket is a little more anthropomorphized than I was expecting. Wasn't he a more realistic in some of the earlier art?

5. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

The Guardians were featured in yesterday's Ultimate Spider-Man. Seeding interest (or at least familiarity) with the kids.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Watching it now.

Gamora is called the most dangerous "warrior" in the universe.

Fricking PC bullshit.

Thanos' other daughter.

Titanian Thanksgivings must'a been a hoot.

7. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    That did bother me. I get why they described her that way, but it fell flat with me.

Ultimate Spider-Man is hit or miss for me. This episode was more hit than miss. You can't go wrong with Groot. I liked the Michael Clarke Duncan memorial message, "He was Groot."

8. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Forgive me, I feel like I'm missing something here. But why is it a big deal she's referred to that way?

If it has something to do with the comics, well I've only just got into the universe thruogh Bendis' run.

9. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

I believe it is supposed to be 'the most deadly woman in the universe' or some such.

My kids love Ultimate Spider-man. I like it too. I never saw Spectacular Spider-Man though.

10. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Most "Dangerous" Woman in the Universe.

They'd only change it to warrior from woman if it's sexist to single out that she is ONLY the most dangerous compared to all other women, or some other unintended slight where it's floated by idiots looking for a fight that it's rude to suggest that women can't compete with men. And besides, how do you define "warrior" in a futuristic alien society? It's an impossibly ill-defined group of DANGEROUS people who when you really think about it would never really describe themselves as warriors. Warrior is an old timey word which they only used as a substitute because it's phonetically similar.

Who would be offended by a master assassin and Death's stepdaughter... DEATH'S STEPDAUGHTER being referred to as the most dangerous Woman in the Universe?

Surely the most dangerous woman in the universe would be at least as dangerous as almost %100 of the men in the universe (Gamora vs Thor? Thor goes down.)?

And the real truth is that Gamora is most certainly not the most dangerous woman in the Universe, probably not even close, it's just her blurb, but in an effort to remove any hint of a glass ceiling, they increased the scope of that lie by balling together both genders and claiming that she's the most deadly Warrior in the universe.

11. TheMasterOfOrion

TheMasterOfOrion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've been trying to figure out if he is in makeup or not there. It's hard to tell with the distortion from the water.

13. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
  14. TheMasterOfOrion

TheMasterOfOrion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

15. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

16. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I don't get why some people are getting so excited about a talking raccoon! :lol: :p

17. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't understand how a talking raccoon firing a laser gun could NOT excite someone!

18. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Have you read the comics? It's because he's a badass character, not just because he's a talking Raccoon.

19. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

And he's a Beatles reference to boot!

20. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Raccoons are scary....Have you ever seen what a raccoon can do to your garbage?