Coming July 2013: STAR TREK ENTERPRISE — RISE OF THE FEDERATION

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Christopher, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, you risk being spoiled on some things by doing that, since the annotations assume that you've read the whole book first (and recommend that you do so).

2. nickyboy

nickyboy Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

After I read a chapter I flick to the annotations for that chapter and read them and go no further. Hopefully by doing it this way I won't spoil too much.

Really enjoying the book, I have already bought the second book in the series. Is there any chance of a third DTI book?

3. ialfan

ialfan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Awesome news. Excited for both books now! :)

4. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

Fatastic news, Sir! I just pre-ordered the first one. Very exciting stuff. Can't wait to see what you have in store for the early Federation :techman:

5. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

Great news Chris:bolian: I noticed your post on Goodreads as well:)

6. Christopher

^What post on Goodreads? I don't post there.

7. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

8. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:techman:Excellent news.I always hoped there would be more novels to continue the Enterprise crews adventures.More space exploration is something I wanted to see featured in the upcoming novels.Also having Character Story threads continued from the previous Romulan war books Is something I'd been hoping for a along time would continue future Enterprise books.

9. Christopher

That is not what I said. I said that ROTF Book 2 would continue the threads from ROTF Book 1. While ROTF is in continuity with The Romulan War and moves the characters forward from where they were at the end of it, this is not just more of the same. Mike Martin told that story and brought it to a conclusion. I'm beginning the next story after it.

10. Reanok

Sorry for any misunderstandings. I just finished reading Mike Martin's To Brave the Storm and thought you'd continue some of the Enterprise characters story threads from the last Romulan war book and then move their stories forward.Witht the creation of the Federation. I'm still glad your continuing their adventures in new novels.I'm really glad Pocket books changed their minds about fans wanting new Enterprise novels to read.And they're publishing more Enterprise novels in a new series about the creation of The Federation is great news indeed.:techman:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  11. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's excellent news about RotF part 2, Christopher:bolian:

12. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Congratulations Christopher, that's great news!

13. Plaristes

Plaristes Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Sweet! Great news, Christopher!

14. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I'm even more excited now !

15. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Very cool. It's amazing how I tend to have more enthusiasm for the ENT novel line (Voyager, too) then I ever did for the show.:lol:

16. Csalem

Csalem Commodore Commodore

Great news about Book 2 but can't wait to read Book 1!

17. Reanok

:techman:Some of my friends who are Enterprise fans wanted me to tell you congratulations .And they definitely plan on buying your new Enterprise books and pass the news onto their friends about buying supporting your Enterprise novels.So we can all read about the further adventures of the Enterprise crew.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  18. Garrovick

Garrovick Commander Red Shirt

Congratulations on Book 2, and looking forward to reading Book 1! I am currently in the process of watching Enterprise on Netflix and should be done with it well before Book 1 is released. Guess I need to get serious about catching up on the previous ENT post-finale books as well!

19. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Hi Christopher

I don't want to tempt fate, but sales note withstanding, it looks as if the series is up and running. Any thoughts about its ultimate destination - taking it close to TOS would mean most of the Enterprise crew would be dead of old age !

How about the number of instalments - are you viewing it as a finite series like Vanguard ?

Please feel free to tell me to mind my own business...

20. Christopher

^I have some ideas for how far I'd want to take this as a series, but they're tentative, and I don't want to say I plan to do something only to change my mind a couple of years down the road, or be forced to change direction due to external circumstances. (Heck, if that Kickstarter campaign to resurrect ENT on Netflix actually bore fruit, it would pretty much scuttle my plans.)

But it seems to me that if you're doing a series called Rise of the Federation, especially under the Enterprise banner, that suggests that its focus would stay on the early years. If, by some chance, the novels did reach the point of continuing the story past that formative phase somewhere down the road, it would probably fall under a different umbrella title.