Star Trek Magazine #35/162

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by JD, Jun 16, 2011.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just got the latest issue of STM in the mail today and this looks like a good one. It's got an interview with Odo himself, Rene Aberjonois, all sorts of tech stuff including a feature on Vanguard Station, a Vanguard: Declassified exerpt, reviews of Children of the Storm, Vanguard: Declassified, and Cast No Shadow, and other goodies. I can't wait to dig into it later tonight.

2. Scrambo

Scrambo Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I thought they stopped that mag or am i thinking of another star trek one?

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Both Communicator, and The Official Star Trek Magazine have ended in the past few years. I've been subscribed to this one for a couple years now, and I really like it.

4. Trek Survivor

Trek Survivor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

#162 already!?! I still haven't been able to track down #161. Message for Paul Simpson - do Smiths now no longer stock it or what?? Neither the local one or Reading have had this issue in... as Smiths was the ONLY place I know who stock it, it leaves me with a problem!

5. new_mercury

new_mercury Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I have issues of this going back into the mid 90's but I rarely buy it now. although with this months features I may have to give it a look.
    In response to Trek Survivor my local WH smiths still sells it but I know someone who has to order it into theirs

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just remembered one other article in this that might interest folks here, Dayton Ward and Kevin Dilmore wrote a series of "new entries" for the old Space Flight Chronology.

7. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

Can you briefly describe what they cover in those new entries?

8. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

JD does this magazine have the list of Startrek books and synopisis' for 2011/2012?

9. Scrambo

Scrambo Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I havent see any trek mags anywhere

10. Mysterion

Depending on where you're at, you might try Barnes and Noble. Our local branch carries the Star Trek Magazine regularly.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I haven't read it yet, but I did see stuff for the NX-01, Voyager, Phoenix, the Mars mission from VGR and a bunch of other ships and things.

12. Mysterion

Spiff! Great tease, thanks! Looking forward to this issue.

13. CaptainDonovin

CaptainDonovin Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Looks like I'll be getting this issue. Can't remember the last time I bought a Trek mag, maybe for Trek '09.

14. BrotherBenny

BrotherBenny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can't afford to subscribe any more, not with money as tight as it is, which is a shame.

To everyone who can't find it at their local bookstore/WH Smiths (UK), why don't you just subscribe and then you get it delivered? No need to hunt it down then.

15. Reanok

I have a subscription for the magazine and it's been really frustrating waiting for them to come in the mail and didn't receive them.The old company Expressmag that was supposed to send the magazines in the mail, really did a poor job of not sending out the magazines in fact half the time I didn't get them for months at a time.I had to call them more than once and ask them to send me the issues I was missing last summer.

16. Mysterion

Just picked-up this issue, and have got to say it is one of the best issues of this Magazine I've seen so far.

Congratulations to everyone involved on some really great work!

Especially enjoyed the Spaceflight Chronology pages! You folks should consider perhaps doing a page or two like that every once and awhile in the future. It would make a great recurring feature, IMO.

17. Reanok

I liked the magazine and the ship designs were really interesting to see.I liked the article about Vanguard and the creation of the space station and the spaceships.