Labeouf Wants 18 Million To Return To Transformers 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

A lot of people say this, but I don't think I'd want to see a movie with just robots. Sounds like some fanboyish thing that people say without thinking it through. You lose a lot without the human element.

2. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

That'll never happen. Fanboys might want that, but the casual viewers would not be interested at one big CGI fest.

3. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

According to what evidence?

This is one of those bullshit beliefs that exist simply because everyone keeps saying it. Until such a movie is actually made, it does have a crappy story, and it does bomb, then that's all that belief is: Utter bullshit.

(Hint: Most animation films have no humans onscreen; it's all "CGI." Yet they rake in the cash left and right. Hell, I can't think of any aside from Roger Rabbit and the Song of the South that did have actual humans in it that were any good.)

5. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

But... but... you're forgetting the massive, both-sexes/all-ages crossover smash hit that was the total fanbait film Dredd 3D, whose back-to-back sequels have already been greenlit! It proved that, if you zero in on a small group of hardcore fans and given them exactly what they want, you'll make riches beyond your wildest dreams!

Huh? Que?

OHHHHhhhh....

6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Take away Patrick Stewart from TNG films and no one would see them.

No one cared that Shia was in Tranformers. People only went for the alien robots and explosions.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  7. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I know that was certainly the case for me. I still wouldn't want a full on CGI only movie though.

Integrating the CGI transformers into our everyday environment believably is what made it so cool for me. At least for the first movie.

8. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

*groan* :lol:

Ok, maybe the better question would be, what has she been in recently?

9. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

They should pay him...anything to prevent some bright spark at Disney deciding he might make a good son of Solo or something...

10. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's a lose/lose deal if I ever saw one!

11. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe the only reason he wants to do TF4 is so they can kill off Sam. Don't think that wouldn't start a stampede..TOWARDS the theaters

12. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

WALL-E had one human in it (played by Fred Willard). Not sure if that's enough to count. ;)

13. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

No one saw the ones he was in. Nemesis made, what? 40 mil it's opening weekend?

14. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Now you are just making things up.

FC and GEN did great, and INS did okay.

Only NEM was a flop.

TOS cast also had one flop movie with TFF, but that doesn't mean their entire film series was a failure.

15. Mr. Laser Beam

Fred Willard is awesome. Pure comedy gold. Especially when he cameos on Tonight Show

16. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

You're right. I should've said "people STOPPED watching the ones he was in." As you say... GEN and FC did great... and then INS did okay... and then a flop.

Sounds like some franchise was LOSING it's audience.

Yet, they REBOUNDED with XI... hm....

17. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

They didn't know that went they made Nemesis. In hindsight it wasn't a good idea to pay Stewart so much, but they can't pay him less since actors are paid more the more sequels they do.

I'm arguing more money to Stewart made sense, since he was an important part of TNG movies.

I'm suggesting they dump Shia, since he was never that important to the series and get someone new.

You are arguing they might as well pay Shia that much since the Transformers movies make a lot of money.

Disagreed.

TOS cast also had one flop movie with TFF, but that doesn't mean their entire film series was a failure. I was saying the same for TNG films.

18. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like that he knows just how money will convince him to do stuff he was just saying a few months ago that he hated and would never, ever do again. :D

19. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

Can anybody older the 13 enjoy those movies?

20. Mr. Laser Beam

^ The first Transformers (live action) film is one of my favorite movies ever made. So I would say yes, since I'm 42. :)