Why the random episiodes?

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by GotNoRice, Oct 25, 2012.

1. gturner

gturner Admiral

Dr. Who never had a consecutive year of anything because they jump back and forth through time! ;)

"Primeval: New World" has just premiered in Canada (wiki link). The first two episodes listed are from Martin Wood and Andy Makita. :)

2. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I enjoyed the 5 Series from the UK, all the way through. I've been looking forward to this, because Producing (And possibly story ideas or Directing?) is being done by Amanda Tapping, and I wanted to see what she was doing next, after Sanctuary :wah: plus it was more Primeval :bolian:, and Niall Matter is HAWT :drool:. But, Guy Gardener, who's generally pretty generous, is Savaging it :alienblush:

I still want to see it though :drool: :alienblush:

<Dobby bashes his head against things, and ties his ears together and Pulls, to repent for all the Emoticons :embarrassed:>

3. Maxillius

Maxillius Commander Red Shirt

That's *still* on?!? I thought that got cancelled years ago.

Regarding RDA's "phoning it in", From season 7 on, RDA wanted to spend more time with family, and Don S. Davis's health was failing so the writers and producers decided to promote O'Neill which allowed RDA to take more time off, and Don Davis to retire (mostly).

The least enjoyable seasons of SG-1 for me is season 6. I just never felt the Jonas character and that series in general felt like it was a Sci-Fi Channel show first, Stargate second. *That* element never went away, but at least it was never obvious on Atlantis.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  4. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Smallville ended in 2011 with 10 seasons and 218 episodes, four episodes more than SG-1.

5. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Teal'c as a Firefighter was the first episode I ever watched, and it confused the hell out of me.
    Much later, after seeing everything in context, that episode works pretty well in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah, the show always had a sense of humor about itself, but RDA really started phoning it in starting in season six.

6. gturner

gturner Admiral

Actually the inhabitants of many worlds thought O'Neill was phoning it in way before season 6. "He just showed up, looked around, made a few jokes, went into the pyramid and blew something up, came out, told us to bury our stargate, and left! WTF?"