CAPTAIN FUTURE 2012 (web tv series)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by INDIANA, Jun 27, 2012.

1. INDIANA

INDIANA Ensign Newbie

[​IMG]
    Hi, everyone,

If you're unfamiliar with my work, I have been directing and producing the project called THE INVINCIBLE IRON MAN TV SHOW which is featured on the internet and came out 4 months before Jon Favreau's Iron Man.

INVINCIBLE Iron Man Tv Show 2007 :techman:
    http://screenrant.com/exclusive-new-iron-man-fan-film-vic-1223/

[​IMG]

In 1978, Toei produced an anime adaptation of Edmond Hamilton's pulp sci-fi from the 1940s, Captain Future. In turn, the anime was edited and brought to an international market by Harmony Gold, of Robotech, and while the show did not make a sizable impression on America, it was a huge hit overseas.

As a fan of classic Animes and Mangas I am now working on a new project called : CAPTAIN FUTURE, inspired by the SCI-FI Classic created by Edmond Hamilton and the Japanese Anime from the 70's.

The main character is Curtis Newton, a brilliant scientist and adventurer who roams the solar system solving problems, righting wrongs, and vanquishing futuristic supervillains.

The hero himself had many incarnations and different features, depending on various artist's impressions, the story takes places 5 years after the events described in the Novels and the Anime.

The project is all produced in 2D, following director Kazuaki Kirya's footsteps (Casshern, Goemon) where cartoon and live action collide. (No 3D has been involved).

[​IMG]

••• CAPTAIN FUTURE TEASER 2012 ••• :lol:
    ==> CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE PREVIEW

Source IMDB
    http://www.imdb.com/news/ni17003674/

POPCULTURE MAG ONLINE
    http://www.popcultureonline.net/pop-art/the-new-adventures-of-captain-future

While Captain Future is still in post-production for a December 2012 release, it has already been selected to be screened at several events:
    Tri-Cities International Fantastic Film Festival (Washington), Chicon 2012 (Chicago), Radcon Convention (Pasco), Northwescon 2012 ( Seattle), C.A.S.T 2012 (Singapore), Gameplay 2012 at Espace d'Animation Quiévrain (Belgium), Lyon Geek Show 2012 (France) and Malta Comicon 2012 (Malta), Nekonvention 6*(Colmar), MAGS 2013 (Monaco), Festival Cartoonist 2013*(France)

[​IMG]

(Another scoop, while I am finishing post-production of Captain Future, a live version of Mobile • Armored • Strike • Kommand (M.A.S.K ) is in progress. Principal photography ended in February 2012- Post production will begin right after the completion of Captain Future for a Dec 2013 release !!

Enjoy !! ::drool:

2. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Exciting music.

Come back when an episode is ready - I'll watch it.

3. ToddPence

ToddPence Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wow. This is great. I think Edmond Hamilton's saga is the greatest space opera ever written and am enthused. Don't think I can handle both John Carter and Captain Future coming to life in the same year.

4. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

I assume you also feel the trailer jumps around too much to get a handle on it.

It looks like it could be good, but yeah, I'd have to see some actual scenes to say for sure. There's no context there.

5. INDIANA

INDIANA Ensign Newbie

CAPTAIN FUTURE 2012 (New web tv series)

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

:bolian: Believe it !! I will happen ! • • Captain Future • • will be live action ! :techman:

My friend Pascal Refloc'h, webmaster of Capitaine Flam.Fr was one of my consultant to make sure I stay true and faithful to the universe even if my project is a sequel that takes place 5 years later after the events described in the novels and anime.

Feel free to visit his site, it has very interesting data gathered on the character, it's different publications and the author itself.

• • CAPITAINE FLAM WEBSITE or CAPTAIN FUTURE FAN SITE• • :techman:
    ==> Click here to visit the site

Enjoy !!:lol:

6. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I figured, it's a teaser, it's not supposed to make a lot of sense or give a complete picture. It's supposed to look and sound cool and make us want more. It kinda succeeded. I remembered to look at this thread again to see if maybe there was something new. ;)

7. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I've read a few of the Captain Future stories and I like them a lot, so I'm interested in seeing how this turns out. The teaser doesn't tell me much, though.

8. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

I've never heard of Captain Future but this looks damned interesting. Definitely worth checking out.

9. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I like the trailer...ill keep an eye on it.