Could Judgment Day have been averted if Sarah hadn't called Ginger?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turd Ferguson, May 2, 2013.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Could Judgment Day have been averted if Sarah hadn't called Ginger

Skynet defended itself when the Government tried to kill it.

Why not just rescue skynet?

Then A Christmas Carol the SOB.

Swoop in and remove the moment where Humanity takes the first shot and Skynet lashes back.

If Skynet isn't given a good reason to Laun...

Um? The US has a wonderful collection of missiles, but it's been a while since greater Russia worked cohesively enough together to mount an effective counter assault, most of the 30 year old missiles in the Russian silo's are more likely to explode on the ground now than get anywhere near their targets... If all the important bits and pieces haven't already been secretly sold on the black market years ago.

So Skynet targets China now?

2. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't fully agree... and I made a chart! :p

[​IMG]

3. Guy Gardener

My fanfiction theory is that there was a more original timeline which we never heard about. Skynet rises. Humanity loses. There is no resistance. Purely for sciences sake, Skynet invents time travel and sends back some meat (kyle Reese) it found in a cage it had forgotten to clean for quite some time to see if time travel works. Kyle in the past finds Sarah, I doubt he can talk after 20 years in a cage being a labrat to Skynet, so the only way they make a baby is if she's too drunk to notice he's a loser (happens all the time) or he rapes her.

Of course, that's if Kyle wa a field slave, he could have been a house slave?

Seemingly loyal to Skynet in the beginning, but then goes native in the past when he notices that no one is holding a whip any more. Of course once sent into the past they just had to find his corpse remains in the future, so they had to send him back terminal. Put a bomb inside him. Maybe a poison?

It's not just enough to make the baby, Kyle has to paint the correct narrative that "someone" raises John to start and lead the resistance, unless the second time through/around it's Kyle who leads/invents the resistance.

How does your timeline graph fit in with the Terminator/RoboCop comic book crossover?

4. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

The Terminator-verse has one timeline that travelers can change. I think the Robocop Vs. Terminator comics did the best job of illustrating how it works. Sarah had a big date the weekend the first machine was sent back. This man was quite probably John's original father. Sarah getting pregnant that weekend is a temporal constant, as is Judgement day and SKYnet's inevitable defeat.

Sarah IS responsible for Terminator 2 however. As it is said SKYnet did have records, terribly incomplete records, but it had them. In TSCC Sarah revealed that she had given John up for adoption the day of her break out, pretty much the only time in her and John's life she showed up on the radar. SKYnet had the governments records and sent the 1000 to that day as a backup.

5. DWMarch

DWMarch Captain Captain

The Terminator films to me are the story of how Skynet is winning. Consider:

In the first movie, the T-800 is Skynet's last ditch effort.
    In T2, Skynet fights on and manages to send back a more advanced model.
    In T3, Skynet sends back a much more advanced model (with weapons) and kills several John Connor lieutenants in the past while killing JC himself in the future. The postponing of Judgment day into the modern era gives Skynet vast capabilities it has never had before.
    T4 shows us that even though the resistance scores the odd tactical victory, advanced Terminators are everywhere and the war will go on for another 20 years.

Skynet is winning! Everything the hero characters do in every movie only makes it worse.

6. Guy Gardener

You saw Kyle in T4?

Even if he had been sent into the past to shag Sarah, I don't think his body was stockpiling cum yet.

Michael Biehn was 28 in T1

Anton Yelchin was 20 in T4.

(I still think of him as the kid from Huff.)

Clumsy Smurf?

Really!?