The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i'm not ashamed of flipping figures. kinda like cooleddie74 said, its the plunder and pillage guys who irritate me. i buy what i like and i rarely ever buy whole waves of figures. i keep an eye out for stuff i know is rare and pick up stuff for friends. if its something for a friend i just charge them retail plus shipping. if i end up making $30 from a Star Wars figure on ebay that money usually goes towards buying more toys.

2. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I wanted to clarify that I was NOT the "textbook" scalper. I do not raid any shelves. If I see the clearance aisle has good pieces and the figures have made it there then I'll buy it and flip it. I figure if it's sat around and made it to the clearance aisle then anyone who wanted it had a shot at it months ago(at least locally).

Glad we are all on the same page! :techman:

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Oh, I never thought you were Craig. I have good vibes about you. You give off a groovy, cool collector's aura. Can you dig me, hep cat? :biggrin:

4. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Yes, plunder and pillage guys are the scum of the earth. Sadly, most of us do have to contend with them a lot of the time.

5. cooleddie74

My friend Justin at the toy shop has almost gotten into fistfights with scalpers. He spotted this guy pillaging and eviscerating the pegs at Target one morning after the store opened and the man was putting every single figure including a lot of brand new ones in his shopping cart. Justin confronted him about his greedy habits, the man got snippy and confrontational and my friend almost came to blows with the dirtbag.

Scalpers make Ferengi pirates and traders look downright civilized and generous.

6. OdoWanKenobi

Cooleddie, you may like this. Unpainted proto of the Mythos Boba Fett statue:
    [​IMG]

I can't wait to see it when it's done. That is one sweet looking statue.

7. cooleddie74

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :adore:

[Lloyd Bridges in AIRPLANE!] Looks like I picked the right time to get into Sideshow Collectibles, Mythos and Hot Toys!

(*Sniff*) [/Lloyd Bridges]

8. OdoWanKenobi

The first figure ever from the DC Universe Club Infinite Earths has finally arrived on my doorstep. Here's the Golden Age Flash, Jay Garrick:
    [​IMG]

And just because it's practically mandatory for me by this point:
    [​IMG]
    Hehe..Rainbow Flash.

9. TremblingBluStar

TremblingBluStar Vice Admiral Admiral

I was looking through one of the several boxes of action figures I have accumulated over the years when I ran into this little gem! I'm not sure what compelled me to keep it. I cracked it open only to find out the Captain's Cologne smells like crap! :)

10. cooleddie74

The collecting sites have reported that the 18th new CLONE WARS basic-carded action figure of the year will be Commander Fox, another Republic Clone but one that hasn't yet been made in "Phase II"(REVENGE OF THE SITH-era) battle armor. Hasbro has announced that only 19 new, basic CLONE WARS figures will be released during all of this year so that leaves just one slot left to be revealed.

On another note, CLONE WARS wave and case assortments about to return to a two-per-case mix, which should make it easier for collectors and kids to find some of their favorite 2012 figures. I just wish they'd go back to two-per-case with the Vintage Collection, because that's the line that really needs and deserves it.

11. OdoWanKenobi

It doesn't matter much how many of each figure is in a case if the cases themselves never show up.

12. cooleddie74

^
    Well...true. But for once I didn't want to bring that up. It's so disappointing to have to think about. ;)

(*Fingers crossed*) IDEALLY... this means more people finding more product. But we'll see.

13. Saga

lol. just wanted to say your new avatar is awesome cooleddie74.

14. cooleddie74

Thanks, Shinzon. :)

I had some help from another poster in adding the lens flare. It was their idea.

15. OdoWanKenobi

Cruised Wal-Mart today, and found the new Amazing Spider-Man figures. Man, I thought they had skimped on the Avengers articulation. These have even less. There seems to be only on figure from the entire line that is worthwhile. It's the aptly named Ultra-Poseable Spider-Man. I picked him up. To them, ultra-poseable means the same articulation as Marvel Universe figures. Also, no accessories. Yeesh. They're cheaping out on us. Granted, this is a pretty decent figure. I just hope the movie turns out good, or I won't want it anywhere near me.

16. Saga

moar lens flare is always good. or so i'm told. ;)

thus far the only AMS stuff i've seen are the masks and the electronic/talking Spidey. i finally found MU Psylock...only to discover her face looked...squished. bad quality control. bah!

17. cooleddie74

Are these new Amazing Spider-Man toys from Hasbro, by any chance? Because if that's so it would kind of explain the skimping on articulation and accessories. The last year or so has not been particularly kind to a lot of action figures manufactured under the Hasbro logo...they have reduced articulation, are lazy repaints or repacks, are horribly distributed or all three.

18. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah Hasbro has the line...I've read negative things about them compared to Matty.

19. Itisnotlogical

Itisnotlogical Commodore Commodore

^
    Perused the Wal-Mart toy aisle the other day, looking for some Star Wars stuff to add to my shelf, and I saw a General Grievous that was pretty much the same figure that they released way back when Revenge of the Sith came out, except it came with a blaster this time.

20. cooleddie74

Was it the Vintage Collection(2010) version on the retro-looking cardback?

This one?

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY8Z2DWgNdE&feature=fvst[/yt]