Your favorite Picard love interest?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by jibrilmudo, Apr 9, 2014.

?

Your favorite Picard love interest?

1. Dr. Beverly Crusher

26 vote(s)
    38.8%
  2. Lt. Com. Nella Darren

15 vote(s)
    22.4%
  3. Kamala

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  4. Vash

19 vote(s)
    28.4%
  5. Minuet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Marta Batanides

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  7. A.F.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Eline from Inner Light

4 vote(s)
    6.0%
  9. Jenice Manheim

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  10. Phillipa Louvois

7 vote(s)
    10.4%
  11. Tasha Yar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Anij

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  13. Q

6 vote(s)
    9.0%
  14. Riker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Other

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

^Ha ha.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  2. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jean Luc had more "loves" than I realized, but they're still surprisingly few. Was this because he was viewed more as a Father Figure, and nobody wanted to see him getting horny? Did it have to do with not having Picard invade Riker's "territory" as the acknowledged onboard studd? Were hot, young, rising starlets resistant to making out with Patrick Stewart? Or, perhaps, combinations of all three? I know in Real Life, Sir Stewart is a big time Sugar Daddy. Women do love money ...

3. Armored Saint

Armored Saint Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

In Qpid: This human emotion, love, is a dangerous thing, Picard, and obviously you are ill-equipped to handle it. She's found a vulnerability in you. A vulnerability I've been looking for for years. If I had known sooner, I would have appeared as a female. Mark my words, Picard, this is your Achilles heel.

That was before the Daddy Q, Mommy Q, Little Q and Grandma Q.

4. 2takesfrakes

As I recall, Vash then unloaded on Q, whilst also informing him that what he saw as Picard's weakness, was actually one of his great strengths. Again, it's been a while since I saw this gem, but I have the distinct impression she piped up and gave Q an earful about that ...

5. Vandervecken

Vandervecken Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Seriously? If John De Lancie and Patrick Stewart had ended up in bed in an episode of TNG, you'd have said that was technically not a gay relationship? I can just see the audience reacting that way.

The OP wrote:

How shall we interpret that? And if it seems as what it is, how does this make sense in light of what we know as either man's sexual preference, as portrayed in the actual show?

Yeah, I'll admit the Borg's a stretch; but so are these. Given what we know about the seductive nature of the Borg collective to ex-drone 7 of 9, is it so unreasonable to suggest that Picard is similarly drawn to the Borg--in a way, a marriage of all to all (or unending Vulcan mind meld of all to all)?

6. Whoa Nellie

Whoa Nellie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

:guffaw: That was good!

You are quite correct, sir. :)

After dueling with and dispatching Sir Guy, Picard races up to the tower where Vash is being held. We hear him dispatching one (maybe two) guard(s) outside before bursting into the room.

Vash crosses the room to him and sighs, “Jean-Luc.”

Picard pulls her into a kiss. With Vash still in his arms he calls out, “It's over, Q! Get us out of here.”

He throws his sword to the ground.

Appearing in the window alcove, Q claps. “My compliments, Picard. I doubt Robin Hood himself could have done much better.”

Picard begins to warn Q, “If you have hurt any of my people,”

Q cuts him off, “Sadly enough, they're all fine, but my point is they could have been killed, and so might have you. All for the love of a maid. My debt to you, Picard, is paid. If you've learned how weak and vulnerable you really are, if you finally see how love has brought out the worst in you.”

“Nonsense. You're absolutely wrong. It's brought out the best in him.” Vash tells Q. Still standing in Picard's arms, she gazes up at the captain and continues, “His nobility, courage, self-sacrifice, tenderness.”

Warmest Wishes,
    Whoa Nellie

7. 2takesfrakes

Thank you, Whoa Nellie! Also, for reminding us about Picards fair bit of rescuing. Yes, he wasn't about to let Vash out of his arms, not even to chew Q, himself, out! That ... that's The Power of Love, right there. I like her carefully considered highlights of Picard's best qualities, as well. He's a Class Act, all the way! Chivalry is not dead in the 24th Century - it seems to have made a sort of a comeback, thanks to Jean Luc Picard: Renaissance Man.

8. Whoa Nellie

:techman: You're Welcome.

[​IMG]

Warmest Wishes,
    Whoa Nellie

9. jibrilmudo

jibrilmudo Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hey, it happened :techman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_0dgKgSDgo

10. BigJake

BigJake Vice Admiral Admiral

Anij from Insurrection. They totally looked at things in slow-motion together, how do you beat that? :shifty:

(I voted Vash, of course. :))

11. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

Be interesting to tally up Riker's love interests v Picard's, to see who had the more. Something tells me Riker's is all reputation!

12. Whoa Nellie

Hi! WillsBabe! :beer:
    My co-author and I actually did that back in 2005 while writing "The Adventures of William Riker." I don't remember the exact tallies or the exact definitions we used, but Riker and Picard were neck and neck. Picard may have even had Riker beaten by one or two.

Warmest Wishes,
    Whoa Nellie

13. jibrilmudo

jibrilmudo Lieutenant Red Shirt

Ones I forgot on Picard's list would be:

Guinan - as mentioned, they were beyond friendship and family and she likes bald men because one helped her once (him)
    Lwuxana Troi - she has shown interest in him on mutiple occasions

Ones I remember are:

1. Deanna Troi
    2. Soren - from "The Outcast", from the androgynous alien race
    3. Etana Jol - from "The Game", where he brings that hypnotizing game back to the enterprise
    4. Carmen Davila - engineer Riker worked with and was to have dinner before Crystalline Entity attacked and killed her and others in "Silicon Avatar"
    5. Beata - Rule of Angel in Angel One, planet where women are dominant, Riker sleeps with her
    6. Ro Laren - in Preemptive Strike, where they lose their memories, the two sleep together and live shorty as husband/wife
    7. Brenna Odell - Irish redhead in "Up the Long Ladder", she seduced him while he washed her feet in his room
    8. Lanel - a nurse in a hospital Riker wants to escape, offers help but he has to make love to her to obtain her cooperation in "First Contact"
    9. Rebecca Smith - tactical officer he dated and was intimate with in "Genesis", they landed on a cactus plant
    10. Yuta - chef to Sovereign Maruk, Riker fell for her but she turned out to be an assasin targeting the other side of the negotiation
    11. Manua Apgar - in a "Matter of Perspective", wife of Dr. Nel Apgar, their contested interest in each other landed Riker in trial and led her husband to try to kill Riker
    12. Lwuxana Troi - announces Riker will become her husband in "Manhunt"
    13. Amanda Rogers - from True Q, this human/Q has a crush on him she acts on
    14. Guinan - while trying to teach Wesley how to act with women in the Dauphin, Riker flirts with Guinan where she quickly shoves wesley to the side to get more:rommie:
    15. Minuet - as mentioned in Picards list, charmed Riker when the Bynars were working on the Enterprise
    16. Kamala - gave Riker a kiss before he turned her down and her attention moved on
    17. Lal - Data's Daughter gave Riker a kiss too imitating a couple in ten forward
    18. Enterprise - I've alway had the impression he was more in love with the ship than Picard. Turn down 3 promotions to stay on her. In the future saved her from the scrap heap by making her his flag ship as admiral. Was more broken up in the movies when D crash landed than Picard about it. Picard said the Enterprise was a great ship but didn't compare to the Star Gazer in sentiment to Scotty.
    19. Kira Nerys - If you want to include Tom Riker's exploits, she became quite taken with him and while I doubt he slept with her, did seduce her into trusting him in DS9 "Defiant"

I don't remember all. I didn't pay attention in the TNG movies, someone might add some.

14. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

IMO, Guinan would be the only contender for Beverly. I have a feeling Guinan and Picard booty called each other a few time.

Maybe it's just me.

Out of context, that's funny.

15. MrLethalWeapon

MrLethalWeapon Ensign Newbie

You forgot to include Ardra from Devil's Due on that list.

I could give you a night that would light fire in your dreams until you die.

Picard, I will enjoy you morning noon and night.

:eek:

16. Armored Saint

Armored Saint Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I finally voted for Louvois.
    PICARD: My God. (He walks over to her) Phillipa Louvois. And back in uniform. It's been ten years, but seeing you again like this makes it seem like fifty. If we weren't around all these people, do you know what I would like to do?
    PHILLIPA: Bust a chair across my teeth?
    PICARD: After that.
    PHILLIPA: Ain't love wonderful.

17. Makarov

Makarov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Patrick Stewart doesn't need money to get a hot young girlfriend, he has presence and working in theatre he would be surrounded by them.

They probably resisted giving Picard too many love interests simply because they need to give Riker something to do.

18. 2takesfrakes

Indeed! The number looks to be around 20, so with 7 seasons, that's roughtly 3 babes bagged a season. Hmmm ... three for a WHOLE season, on average. Seems like your theory has withstood its first field test ...

19. 2takesfrakes

What someone told me on startrek.com was that when he was in a play, Sir Patrick Stewart had an arrangement with the Stage Hands, where he would give them a signal by quickly licking his index finger and then pointing with it at some hotty he fancied out in the audience. Then one of them would approach her with a pass and invite her backstage to meet Patrick in his dressing room. He'd chat her up a bit and if she passed the preliminaries, he'd just take things from there. Or, if he had to do an encore, or something, he'd give her the address to whatever hotel he was staying at, if the show wasn't local and unleash his irresistable charm on her ... the man's insatiable!

20. Whoa Nellie

When TNG was created Jonathan Frakes as Riker was expected to be the 'Captain Kirk' like heartthrob. The 'powers-that-be' initially failed to notice the immense stage presence and sex appeal of their Captain. However, the female fans did notice. Patrick Stewart was voted Sexiest Man on TV in a TV GUIDE readers poll in 1992, and then Most Bodacious Man on TV in 1993.

[​IMG]

:drool:
    As one of my best friends (and the co-author of my fanfic stories) so eloquently put it as we watched the end of Star Trek First Contact in the theater, “When he's done climbing those cables, do you think he'll climb one of us next?”
    :lol:

Warmest Wishes,
    Whoa Nellie