Alien Abduction movies? ? ?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Joerib, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Joerib

Joerib Lieutenant Red Shirt

Can anyone recommend me some good Alien Abduction movies??? I just watched Fire in the Sky and the 4th Kind so it got me hooked a little...

:evil: :evil: :evil:

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Close Encounters.

3. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Starman, is one of the best alien abduction films IMO. Albiet all of the action occurs here on earth.

Enemy Mine is another classic. But both films don't follow the classic alien abduction scenarios.

4. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

This Island Earth or the MST3K version of it.

5. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Communion......Walken is on top form.

Intruders.

6. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

The classic Twilight Zone episode, To Serve Man is another great one.

7. Maple Dog

Maple Dog Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I could recommend this.
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35Ze9l0tYgQ[/yt]

8. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

The U.F.O Incident(1975) about Barney & Betty Hill

9. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

'Fire in the Sky' was never inn danger of winning any Oscars but the "examination" scenes are atypically gruesome for the genre. IIRC the film was based on an incident that remains one of the most...uh, I don't want to use the "credible" given the nature of such things, but I can't think of a softer alternative. Let's just say it wasn't easily dismissed. How much you choose to believe rather depends on your opinion of the reliability of polygraph tests.

I suppose you could check out 'The UFO Incident' (staring none other than James Earl Jones himself) is a depiction of what just might be the quintessential abduction case.

'Communion' is in a bit a a grey area for me since (if memory serves) the book's author isn't convinced that they're aliens in the traditional sense but rather some kind of psychic manifestation of the collective unconscious or some such. It's been a while since I've seen it, but I think the film reflects that ambiguity. Honestly I'm not sure what's stranger.

Spielberg's 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' is probably the best of the bunch as it draws from a lot of sources and treats it all with surprising seriousness. At the same time though, it's still very much a Spielberg film, with all the wonder and spectacle one would expect from him. It's also probably the only time you'll ever see a "benign" government conspiracy.

10. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The McPherson Tape is another that pops up on Sky quite a bit.