William Shatner wants to return as Jim Kirk in Abram’s Universe...

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by 1bulma1, Jul 25, 2012.

1. 1bulma1

1bulma1 Lieutenant Commander

http://trekweb.com/articles/2012/07...-Kirk-in-the-JJ-Abrams-Star-Trek-Movies.shtml

Is it just me or does anyone else think William Shatner needs to get over himself. He was happy back in 1994 with Star Trek Generations. He even said it himself that Kirk dying on the bridge was a fitting death to his character. Now star trek is all successful again and shatner wants to be a part of it or feels he is entitled to be part of it.

In all honesty, any story line about the return of Kirk Prime will suck considering the fact that his dead

2. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

Oh boy, this again. (Not a sleight at you. Just... he's been saying this for a long, long time.)

3. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Déjà Vu

4. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

5. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really enjoyed Shatner's novel series, starring a resurrected Kirk in the 24th century after Generations. I'd buy a book where he got sucked thru a black hole, reunited with Spock Prime and helped his younger self save the galaxy. But a movie? Nu uh.

6. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I love Shatner's Kirk, hell its one of the elements that make Trek so memorable. But that day is over.

7. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

IDK Maybe give Shatner a quick flashback scene? He's such a big part of the old Trek. I wouldn't think a small amount of face time in a new movie would hurt. But hey, that's me. :)

8. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I loved it when this story came out five years ago... and then we got Nimoy who was a much better cameo!!

9. 1bulma1

1bulma1 Lieutenant Commander

flash back scene with him and spock prime might be cool but in all honesty flash back scenes in films, majority of the times tends to be cheesy and corny and I say this because I just saw the dark knight rises recently and yes the flash back scenes where some of the corniest part of what I deem to be an averagely good film.

Maybe JJ with his brilliant directing will do a good flash back scene with TOS kirk and Spock an Shatner will get his wish to be part of the new universe...

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  10. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We could have a scene where Pine Kirk is chillin in his ready room, checking out some new apps on his communicator.
    And there's one app that takes a holographic photo of you and shows how you're going to look when you get old.
    A hologram of Shatner comes up...cameo achieved.

11. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think we'd all better go emigrate to JJ Abrams' universe...

Although whatever the reality, Star Trek seems to mostly be about "pining for the fjords" anyhow.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  12. SiddFinch1

SiddFinch1 Captain Captain

I loved his work as kirk but the time for a cameo.was last tome in a message to young kirk to show he was still alive post generations... now its irrelevant. This kirk's future is unwritten so no need to show a future version

13. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, Shatner's great as Kirk, the first movie was the opportunity to do Prime Universe Cameos. I wouldn't mind if they brought him in to play another small part, despite the fact we've seen him not looking much different playing Kirk, but, at this point, I'm not hot on the idea of a Prime Kirk cameo

I suspose they could have Spock remember back to a conversation with Kirk in the Prime Universe, right before his trip back in time, and take something from that conversation and make it relevant to the plot of the movie, but, I don't think I'd be in favor of it any other way.

14. Balrog

Balrog Commodore Commodore

They could redo 'The Deadly Years' and at a certain point replace Pine with Shatner.

15. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

LOL, what's up with you guys?

[LEFT]The interviewer asks him:Is there any chance you can be in the next or a future Star Trek?[/LEFT]

And he simply answer: Well, I would love to.

Talk about making things up and blowing things out of proportion and taking things out of context all at once.

16. Trekkie2

Trekkie2 Commander Red Shirt

I'm tired. Just give the man his 15 minutes of fame and be done with it.

17. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

I was waiting for this. I would have preferred it if Kirk could have made it into the last movie. I really, really wanted J.J. Abrams to figure out a way to put him in the film - in a flashback scene with Spock - I don't know, whatever. At any rate, that was then. Now, I just want a strong character driven story, letting our cast of seven grow - on their own - especially the triumvirate.

18. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

But he wasn't still alive after Generations. That's why the cameo in question would have been a CANON VIOLATION.

19. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

Three for three on the over-the-top scale is hardly a record here, but I appreciate it!

20. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

No, it was a (birthday?) message Kirk had sent to Spock just before Kirk's disappearance into the Nexus.

The bonus scene appears in IDW Comics's movie adaptation.