Just seen the last episode... I'm outrage!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by eezo, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Words are cheap. I want flowers.

2. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Don't demand too hard. He might cut a deal where he produces the next Trek movie as his apology. ;)

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

A cold hand just clutched my heart R.Star..

4. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

As long as we don't say his name three times we should be okay. :p

5. jazzstick

jazzstick Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Sounds like my last realthionship!

What a Craptacularâ„¢ way to end Star trek!

6. jazzstick

Yes! This would have been so much better than the shit in the bag that was the episode!

Was it so hard to do it right???

7. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If there was a fat Data, it would have all been worth it. :lol:

8. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I consider Demons and Terra Prime the series finale. Tatv really was a lousy excuse for a so called fiale with Riker and Troi holodeck adventure really stinks :rolleyes:. The Enterprise relaunch novels Starting with The Good that men do and the romulan awar novels are really good. and latest novel the Rise of the federation novels continue the series Tower of Babel comes out April 2014.You may want to read them to find why Trip is not dead and the continuation of his adventures and those of the Enterprise crew too.

9. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

It would have also explained all the inconsistencies. They simply didn't know about the Enterprise missions in the 24th century.

10. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Google is your friend. So is Wikipedia.

11. jazzstick

I know, sir you are brilliantâ„¢!

12. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just out of curiosity (because I'm a trekbbs newbie relative to a lot of folks in this thread), has anyone ever said they actually liked TATV?

13. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

No, but Berman did admit many years later that while he did have the best of intentions (and I believe him), too many people hated it for it not to have been a mistake.

Now with that said...

No, you're not entitled to an apology. ENTERPRISE was a television show that was free for you to watch, and no one forced you to do so. I hated TATV too, but I don't expect B&B to personally send me a condolence letter, and neither should you.

14. jazzstick

I detect a lot of Butthurtâ„¢ on this thread!

15. eezo

eezo Ensign Newbie

Well I bought a box set on DVD as I missed it the first time around, so it wasn't free for me to watch at all. I still regard it as money well spent by the way.

That aside I don't actually expect a personal apology, that would be somewhat ridiculous! I do feel an apology to the fans in general would be nice though, without fans there is no trek, we are the ones who have kept them in employment for so long after all.

16. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Sorry if I came across as a little snide. However, I will point out that nobody forced you to buy the DVDs either :p

The thing is, ENT is done and over with. Any apology someone makes will not make TATV disappear. Just enjoy the new films and forget TATV ever happened.

17. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

My theory is that the holodeck is programmed to adjust the story for the user's personal tastes, kind of like Amazon recommendations. And the holodeck adjusted the story to have Trip die so Riker could be there to console T'Pol.

18. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Hola. :techman:

I really liked and still like the franchise valentine concept, and even if it makes no sense with "The Pegasus", I loved seeing Riker and Troi again, and hearing Data.

Did it really work? No, not really; I'll admit that. But I've seen nearly all of ENT now, and think it deserved to be canceled, and that S4 is significantly overrated. "Demons/Terra Prime" has its heart in the right place, aye, but it's just not good.

Finally, taken strictly on its own terms as a forty-minute film, the ep's acting, writing, and direction is pretty darn good, and well above the series' average quality.

Hey, you asked. :p

19. Infern0

Infern0 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I can see why they did it.

Enterprise had been cancelled, as far as that era of star trek was concerned it was over, they wouldn't have known if Trek would ever be on TV again, so you know they kind of wanted to do a nod to TNG and TOS as well

It just was poorly excecuted

20. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

I like to imagine that at the beginning of the holoprogram there was a little disclaimer:

This is a work of fiction. Any similarities to actual persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.