Breaking Bad Final Half Season

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Chuck Finley, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

No, not in the slightest.

2. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Missed this earlier. Fair enough. We will have to agree to disagree about the finale of LOST but definitely agree that it was shitty of those Twitter followers to use this as another reason to harangue and heckle Lindelof all over again.

3. doubleohfive

What will happen to Brock? What will happen to Flynn and Holly?

Lydia's fate was sealed the minute she sent Todd after Skyler and the kids. No way Walt was going to let that slide once he heard about it. And even still if he hadn't, she was still someone who posed a threat to his family and the finale was about closing out his debts and finishing his business before he died. She was irrevocably a part of that business and got exactly what she deserved.

As for the ricin, one of the Entertainment Weekly interviews with Vince Gilligan confirmed that they knew they had to use it, and spent hours upon hours trying to beat out the story for the finale and that the use of the ricin on Lydia was just as much fan service to those of us paying attention as it was a means to eliminate her.

Here's that interview, that covers just about everything about the finale, with the Lydia bit included here:

4. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ Yep.

Flynn and Holly have their mother and $10 million coming. As for Brock, maybe Jesse will find him and be there for him.

5. Jonas Grumby

Jonas Grumby Vice Admiral Admiral

Only very slightly. I think Lydia originally "broke bad" out of sheer greed without realizing the reality of what she was getting into. I think she would gladly get out if she weren't terrified by what her "business associates" would do to her if she tried. Add to that her constant dread of being caught by the law and I don't think that adds up to a very enjoyable lifestyle. :D

Incidentally, if they hadn't been running out of episodes, I would have been tempted to bet on Todd being the one to kill her. The first time he made his move on her, I don't think it would have gone well. ;)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  6. doubleohfive

My (implied) point was that Lydia's daughter was just another innocent victim of the circumstances Walt, Jesse, and Lydia put themselves in.

7. Agent Richard07

^ That's what I thought.

8. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

So how perfect was "Baby Blue" playing over the final scene. Seriously, the lyrics could have been Walt singing to his true love, his meth, as he lovingly carreses the equipment

9. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

He was also good as Buzz Aldrin in From the Earth to the Moon.

10. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Mike had it right: thinking Lydia was somehow innocent or even "less guilty" is just sexist. The minute Gus Fring bought it, she hired a hitman to start murdering all of their old associates. Mike wanted to kill her for it. She was willing to play ball with Mike, Jesse, and Walt just to save her own skin (and make a few bucks for herself.) She was always, always, always in it for herself, and just as ruthless as any of the others. Fear never drove her to leave the business, it simply got her to make rash decisions and have people killed. Not to mention, it was her brilliant idea to start shipping the blue to the Czech Republic and ensure countless more lives got ruined by it. Softballing her own heinous behavior is nothing but sexism. She deserved to die as much as any of 'em.

11. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Lydia is definitely a bad person. I mean, I kinda had a crush on her but I wouldn't want to actually meet her. :lol:

Edit: And, yes, I fully expect you all to judge me for having a crush on Lydia.

12. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

What the heck kind of weird ring tone was that on Tom's phone toward the end?

Never mind, it's a Grouch Marx tune... :lol:

13. Agent Richard07

Not me. :o ;)

I'll bet most of those hits are because of Breaking Bad.

The part he chose made the ringtone sound rather creepy.

14. sidious618

Oddly enough, my like of her comes from thinking we'd relate really well due to our shared neuroses.

15. doubleohfive

Have you ever heard her real voice/accent? Lydia was a horrendous, awful person. Reprehensible. Laura Fraser though? Stunning.

16. sidious618

I haven't, no. There was something about her eccentricities and anxiety that reminded me of myself when I suffered when I was younger. Of course, there was the evil side, too, but I still found her neuroses endearing just like how I found Mike's exasperation and no BS lifestyle awesome even though the dude was a stone cold killer.

17. doubleohfive

18. Agent Richard07

Halloween is coming. Looking for some costume ideas?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Doesn't Ms. Fraser hail from Scotland? If she sounds anything like Ewan McGregor I don't doubt that her voice is intoxicating in its sex appeal.

Lydia, however, was fucking annoying with her soy milk chamomile tea and her Stevia. I'm glad it was her downfall. :techman: Enjoy that tea, babe.

20. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

I loathed Lydia, everything she did got under my skin, if I find a pictue of that look on her face i will have a new avatar