So many horrible characters aboard the Voyager

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Hespen, Feb 8, 2013.

1. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Okay then. Please continue.

Your bitching is one of the things I like most about you.

Also, your hands.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Now I feel guilt. I'm not supposed to be bitching about VOY, my lover.

Wanna see my feet?

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Your avatar suggests you walk on hooves, but then mine seems to indicate that I'm a ginger.

4. teacake

Yah I am a little fawn.

5. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

I like reading some Janeway/7 in fanfic, but they would have never taken that leap on the show! If they won't even have a good steamy love scene between already-established couples, they certainly weren't about to go that far. It would have been a better ending for me than C/7 though. If they really did put J/7 together...I would have been like, alright they already cared a great deal about one another and in the episode when Seven's cortical implant was failing, she actually suggested killing a drone to save her. And then in Endgame, she pretty much went back just so Seven wouldn't die. There were definitely feelings there. Romantic? I don't think. But you never know.

I agree they never show any kind of real relationship issues or a good hot, steamy love scene haha. Everything is just like "Oh they're together now. Oh look now they have a kid. Oh boo hoo they had a fight. Oh wait they're back together now!"

Robert Beltran said something about how the producers thought it would be thrilling that Janeway and Chakotay 'touch hands' in "Resolutions". Star Trek romance is just...so not romance haha. It's a tad better than Law & Order where they try to avoid it altogether between MAIN characters, but Star Trek has couples! And they still don't do much with them.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  6. CorporalClegg

Don't feel guilty. Bitch about Voyager all you want.

And I'm not your lover.--unless you want me to be. :angel:

Are you implying I have a fetish? Cuz maybe I do.

7. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

The closest we get to hot steamy love scenes are Harry's misfortunes with alien women, and his Seven fantasies. Though I'm another one in the Janeway/Chakotay camp. Early on, I really thought they were going to do something with that relationship. I sometimes think the Chakotay/Seven romance was invented just to keep Beltran happy in the final year.

8. Captain Kathryn

When I watched Voyager for the very first time and was all naive, I truly thought they would eventually end it with J/C. I just remember watching episodes like Resolutions and Coda and thinking they were going to go somewhere with it.

I know from watching interviews and reading interviews that the actors, Beltran and Mulgrew, did not really want the romantic angle actualized between Chakotay and Janeway. They just wanted the characters to have a 'close friendship' that was nothing more. Beltran said he was ambivalent, he didn't care who they put him with... Mulgrew didn't think the captain should be sleeping with her crew. Fair enough. I see her point.

But at least get them together in Endgame (or better yet have an episode AFTER Endgame)! Chakotay no longer had to be considered part of her crew. They were home. Come on...

9. Captain Kathryn

Harry never had any luck with women, alien or otherwise. :wah:

10. CorporalClegg

My kindred spirit.

11. Sadara

Sadara Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I obviously don't remember her exact quote, but Kate Mulgrew has said at many a convention that she was the driving force behiind why J/C never happened. Something about it being inappropriate or would look bad for a female captain to be messing around with one of her crew. Personally, given the fact they were stranded 70 years from home, I think the audience would have given her a pass, but hey...

12. Lt. Cheka Wey

Lt. Cheka Wey Commander

At least he could hade died with women's you know what around his you know what in Favourite Son. For him that would had been an awesome death.

13. CorporalClegg

I don't know. I think checking out mid-coitus is one of the worst ways to ago.

I mean, in the words of Chris Matthews: "Let me finish..."

14. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I always liked the line "He came and then he went."

Where's that from?

15. Lt. Cheka Wey

Lt. Cheka Wey Commander

They probably wait until a mutual orgasm. Otherwise it would not be fun, but i have my doubt in Harry Kim's abilities in the bedroom.

16. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I get the feeling Harry's bedroom technique was as good as when Forrest Gump first touched Jenny's breast.

17. Brit

Brit Captain Captain

Might not be to bad for the dying person, but wouldn't you hate to be the partner. It would suck big time.

18. CorporalClegg

Perhaps. But you'd also be left with the knowledge that you're more than most people can handle.

19. Lt. Cheka Wey

Lt. Cheka Wey Commander

I could see the DTI kidnapping Ron Jeremy for a couple days for a special mission...

20. teacake

I've always liked Harry and now you've ruined it. I will never get this out of my head now.

:lol: