Voyagers ending, redone.

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by bbjeg, Jun 6, 2013.

1. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's like saying you support slavery except don't like the racist aspect of it. :p

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Did olden timey Americans keep Mexicans or Canadians as slaves?

The trip to Africa took a stupid long time.

3. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

To not end the thread on that note (To answer your question Guy Gardener; I hope not but probably), anyone else think instead of needing future Janeway's help, Janeway and crew could have done an 'all or nothing' upgrade (with all the technology they came across) to get through the hub, or find another way home by themselves?

4. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Future Janeway basically handed the crew a MacGuffin to help them get home. It never felt like the crew earned it. That's why the ending feels so hollow.

5. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I think they earned it, but it did feel hollow.

6. Guy Gardener

No, Janeway had to spend another 14 years going home and then 10 years as an Admiral, to earn that batmobile armour.

If Captain Janeway had killed Admiral Janeway, and took her ####, then maybe she would have earned the short cut.

7. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

They didn't earn Michael Keaton's Batmobile, but they got Borg tech, it's feasible they were able the scan that tactical cube they came across in detail tracing it armor's whereabouts, they NuBatmobile armor up, use that slip-stream tech they acquired, and ride on home or Seven (who reluctantly didn't tell future Janeway about the hub) tells Janeway about the hub and they fight their way through (maybe Korok is there) and they destroy the hub during escape like before.

They earned an upgrade or at least a way home.

8. Guy Gardener

And the Voyager from the original timeline who invented the batmobile armour didn't?

They got to that point in time at the Borg Hub, where they were shafted by fate, and forced to muddle on for another 14 years despite being equally as deserving as the do-over Voyager we got stuck with.

That virgin Marcus from Babylon 5 one said "I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, 'wouldn't it be much worse if life *were* fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them?' So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

9. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Well (being that this is a 'Voyagers. ending, redone' thread), how would you have ended it, and don't give me that Gillagan's Island, they never get back, ending. It would have been a buzz kill if they didn't get home, after all of Neelix's food they had to eat.

10. Guy Gardener

It's not hard to find my fan fiction.

11. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

^about as hard as you posting a teaser or a link. Searching...

Edit: Posting a link or teaser might be easier, is it in the fan fiction board?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  12. Guy Gardener

But that would be both needy and obnoxious.

I usually try only to ever be one or the other at any one time.

13. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Guy never does things the easy way. It's part of his charm. ;)

14. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Where's Batman when you need him?
    [​IMG]

15. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Ending redone, Ekosian style :shifty: : Janeway decides to put her man pants on and orders destroying the Borg Hub as soon as they see it, without entering one of the pathways.

The resulting explosion knocks them across the galaxy, all the way back to the Sol system.

Now we have, what, 30 minutes left to fill? Everybody's welcomed home, all charges against the Maquis dismissed, and big smiles and handshakes all around, and Admirals clapping themselves on the back for a job well done as they hustle Seven away for interrogation.

It's just as crazy as what we got.

Edit: Oh, and Admiral Janeway is killed in the explosion. Or maybe she's not with them yet. So we can scratch the entire Admiral Janeway story starting with the teaser.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  16. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

I always wondered why Voyager didn't travel to the Gamma Quadrant to the Wormhole. Would have been certainly shorter.

They could have then used Voyager in a finale that involved the Dominion, and let Voyager be a key in winning the war. Surprise!

17. Guy Gardener

To everyone but Berman.

He insists that that from Caretakers Array, a trip to either end of the Bajoran Wormhole would take about 70 years.

Anyone that can read a map disagrees with his conclusions.

A map he put on screen inverted the Gamma and Delta Quadrants. He spent the first 4 years of the show not realising that Voyager would have to trek through first Romulan, then Klingon Space in the Beta Quadrant to get home... The Berman hardliners insisted that it was the map in encyclopaedia which was wrong and noncanonical.

He also forgot that Borg space was in the Delta Quadrant.

18. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Despite all the "created by" and "written by" credits, I don't think Berman was that good in the creative department. He seemed more of a nuts and bolts man skilled as production overseer.

19. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

No. DS9 was the show that introduced and developed the Dominion, they should be the ones to end the war storyline. Having VOY fly in and end it would have only pissed off the DS9 fans.

Many TNG fans are still annoyed at how VOY mishandled the Borg and Q.

20. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Heck, it was Picard who destroyed the Borg for good in a feature film. And then they took that away from him by having all the Borg up and well in Voyager again.