Transformers 2

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Surefire, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Surefire

Surefire Captain Captain

Hopes:
    1. Better story/plot than TF1
    2. Less comic relief (much of the comic relief in TF1 was lame)
    3. More character development (both humans and TFs)

Gripes with what I've heard about TF2 so far:
    1. Jetfire is a Decepticon. I'm okay if he starts as a Decepticon and turns halfway in the movie, as long as he is shown to be in conflict. I won't be too happy if he is a Decepticon the whole movie though, since I am use to G1 where he was a good Decepticon that only joined them out of naivity.
    2. Pregnant roller skate twin autobots. Of all the vehicles to choose, they had to go with a couple of pregnant rollerskates? How green.
    3. Too many Chevy autobots. Nearly all autobots will be Chevys (except Prime). Why can't they throw in a better looking alternative mode here and there (I hate most GM designs).
    4. Dead characters coming back... cheapens the death. Megatron and Jazz were killed, leave it at that.

I did enjoy TF1, despite what the critics said. I'm hoping TF2 can be a little better. Is anyone else looking forward to this movie?

This board discusses TF stuff: http://boards.transformersmovie.com/index.php

2. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I didn't click on the link to read that but here are other factors:

1. Bay said the new script is awesome
    2. He indicated more scenes with just Transformers, including accents on their faces and emotions than before.
    3. Arcee will be in the movie
    4.) I heard Jetfire will be activated by Sam using the piece of the Allspark recovered by Prime at the end of the first film. I guess he will understand that he is more an Autobot than decepticon.
    4) Shia's recent hand injury from his accident (his hand was severely crushed) may be worked into the script.
    5) While it's possible that other characters will take on diff. forms, Prime will eb the same. Jazz and Megs may return.
    6) Wheeljack may be in the film.

3. RyanKCR

RyanKCR Vice Admiral Admiral

Wheeljack? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I know Peter Cullen is voicing Prime again :techman: but what about the other 'bots? Are their voice actors all returning? (I definitely hope Ratchet's voice is still Robert Foxworth.)

5. Sheliak

Sheliak Commodore Commodore

SOUNDWAVE!!!

6. Flying Spaghetti Monster

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/06/10...ck-john-tuturro-upenn-shoot-details-and-more/

7. Flying Spaghetti Monster

8. Thespeckledkiwi

Thespeckledkiwi Vice Admiral

I wish Michael Bay would read the comics, at least the recent comics at least. And he would get a new director...

9. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Transformers 2? Bah! The most-anticipated sequel has to be... Transmorphers 2! If The Asylum gets around to making it, that is. Due to artistic integrity, they're not that big on sequels. ;)

10. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

After the first one I'll wait until I can get the DVD on sale.

I usually don't grade movies as harshly as many people do on this site, but the movie was so bad that the only thing I liked about it were the battles.

11. Ashu

Ashu Vice Admiral Admiral

I havent seen the first one yet. Based on what I've heard about I'm not exactly sure I want to. So, I guss for now I'll let you guys be the judges on the new one and I shall go from there.

12. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

While Ironhide is a GMC Topkick, Jazz a Pontiac Solstice and Ratchet is a Hummer (meaning only one Autobot is actually a Chevrolet model), I understand this gripe from a purely aesthetic standpoint ... but it's something that has to be taken with the realities of film production. Making the product placement deal with General Motors saved the first movie a significant amount of money, and that's totally forgivable.

Also, Ironhide's design was awesome and I will hear no argument to the contrary [​IMG]

13. Thespeckledkiwi

I actually didn't mind most of the changes to the robots because they all made sense in a way EXCEPT for Bumblebee. His role with the Autobot and his character is directly tied into how big he is.

14. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I'm just glad to hear Jetfire will be in the next film.

JF

15. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

If Jetfire is not a VF-1A Veritech Fighter I will be PISSED! :p

16. Flying Spaghetti Monster

It will be an SR-71 Blackbird

17. Thespeckledkiwi

Just mad they won't have Prowl :mad:

18. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

i want Sideswipe as a Lambo Gallardo or Murcielago...

19. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

There have been pics of a Chevy Malibu police car, so you might get your wish. Personally I think he should be like a Charger police car, something a bit more muscly.

20. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Barricade will be back, won't he? Maybe TPTB won't want two 'bots that are both police cars, especially if one's an Autobot and one a Decepticon.