What your favorite Trek movie trailer?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by JonnyQuest037, Mar 18, 2010.

1. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Vice Admiral Admiral

2. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep, Star Trek was a much simpler thing back then. I honestly don't know if it's my favorite, but I remember the first time I saw the trailer to TVH. That got me REAL excited.

3. Delta1

Delta1 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

4. Piper

Piper Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

5. Agenda

Agenda Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

6. aarenlainey

aarenlainey Guest

Finally a full action packed Star Trek movie.It's about time the last ST movie Nemesis ended up killing Data in a stupid unnecessary dramatic way,I know the actor wanted out for quite some time but to kill the character.I can't wait to see what did they do rewriting the story when and how Kirk took the captain's chair of the Enterprise.Those first episodes of Star Trek could be great guidelines to make great movies. Gene Roddenberry was a brilliant guy writing and creating a series with so much narrative and potential.Many of the things he created for the series are making it's way to real life.I hope this movie is as great as I expect it to be,that kind of movie that leaves you wanting more at the end.

7. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    *Even looking at it today, TWOK has a chilling trailer...

*I do like TUC's trailer...

*I love Trek 09's trailer...:lol:

8. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

I really appreciate the narration, even if it doesn't make much sense. I think "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" and "Star Trek: First Contact" are my favourite Star Trek movies and the ones with the two best trailers in large part because of the way they refer to the TV series episodes they're based on, both in the plot of the movie and in the trailer.

I thought it was cool how the narrator said that Picard sees the Borg in his nightmares in the "Star Trek: First Contact" trailer just like the one in the Star Trek II trailer builds up Khan. It really helps adds some gravitas and excitement, making the story feel really important and powerful.

9. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Great use of music there, great pacing, and for the love of God, that trailer made me think Voyager was going to pop-up, too. Hey, I was ecstatic when the Defiant made it on screen, but where was Voyager?! Damn you for luring me in (and therefore doing what you're supposed to do), teaser trailer!

10. 22 Stars

22 Stars Commodore Commodore

Count me in on this one as well. My brother Ben and I love this one, and sadly I paraphrased it for his eulogy last year. Hew was my guide, my protector and my friend....

11. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    The teaser trailer for STAR TREK VI: TUC, hands down! :techman:

It's just as moving and impressive now as it was 19 long years ago. A classic and something I've bookmarked to watch over and over again when the mood hits me!

12. sovereign

sovereign Lieutenant Red Shirt

Nemesis.

I believe that this was the only TNG trailer that was made up of all new footage (not scenes from previous movies or the series). I am not sure if most of you have forgotten (since the movie gets so much hate), but when this trailer came out in 2002 fans were LOVING it.

Watch
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FckGQzqXgpE

13. cooleddie74

I'll agree.

NEMESIS had a much better trailer than the movie ended up being. Sad, really.

14. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

Wow, I had never seen that trailer before. It really did make the movie look like it would be excellent. It also suggests that the movie would be like a more dark, menacing, futuristic TNG version of a Mirror Universe story, which I think would have been pretty cool. You totally get the idea that the second android is Lore or at least some other evil version of Data. Would have never guessed from that trailer that it could end up being some imbecile version that talks like a little kid, nor that the movie would be so mediocre.

15. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

16. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I loved the STVI trailer (the proper one with clips of the film) on old TNG videos.

Star Trek XI's teaser (the ship under construction) was cool. I liked the first trailer, but the second one was a masterpiece "I've been waiting for this day my whole life...this day of vengeance" as Vulcan is imploding. I don't think that line made it into the movie, but Nero sure got his revenge.

17. dollyy

dollyy Guest

i m looking this,and i liked it.....thanks for post..

....thanks for lamp....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2010
  18. VirtualDestiny

VirtualDestiny Ensign Newbie

The Voyage home. followed by 1st contact and then the reboot

19. cooleddie74

The GENERATIONS ones are pretty good too. Especially the first teaser one with the booming narration and V'Ger/TMP music in the background.

20. Smiley

Smiley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The teasers for The Undiscovered Country, First Contact, and Nemesis are among my favorite Trek previews.