*~Enter : DS9 Avatar Contest 160!!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Marie1, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Marie1

Marie1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

l tried to melt the brains of all the tied winners from the last contest... sadly they managed to send me the themes as requested easily and with blinding speed!! :bolian:

Therefore!!!! The themes of contest 160... if l can type around the pain meds... are:

DS9 episode: Sons of Mogh
    DS9 Theme: Interesting Background Characters
    Nameless extras who seem notable in any way or could have had their own story...
    Random Theme: Glow in the dark (without electricity.)

You have 10 days to enter, until Feb. 15th.
    Regular rules apply: 140 kb, 150x150 pix max size.
    Have fun! :bolian:

2. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

- Episode -

[​IMG]

- Theme -

[​IMG]
    From 'Captive Pursuit'

- Random -

[​IMG]

3. Deranged Nasat

Deranged Nasat Vice Admiral Admiral

This week on the DS9 Avatar Contest, Deranged Nasat presents: INVASION OF THE PAKLEDS!!

Episode Theme: "Hum Tee Tum Tum Tum, just a Pakled on the prowl. Morning, Worf".

[​IMG]

DS9 Theme: Stop me if you've heard this one; two Pakleds walk into a bar.

[​IMG]

Random Theme: Look at this fish. It is smart. It looks for things...things that make it glow.

[​IMG]

4. Thor Damar

Thor Damar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thor Damar, God of thunder and monologue..
    Episode theme:
    [​IMG]
    "Remember rule number one"

DS9 theme:
    [​IMG]
    He must have a story or two to tell...

Random:
    [​IMG]

5. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

For the "nameless extras" theme, is it OK if the character spoke but was not named onscreen?

6. Deranged Nasat

The internet ate my first answer, sorry! Here goes second try...:

That sounds fine by me, so long as it's a minor character without, as you say, a given name onscreen. I had totally voiceless background perfomers in mind when I proposed the idea, but I suppose I didn't specify that did I? (you could make a point of the fact that I didn't call it "voiceless extras" ;)) So, a character who had a line or two without being named or made significant seems okay. :)

7. Thor Damar

Thor Damar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thor Damar, God of thunder and monologue..
    Exactly, like the rather impressively endowed Glinn (or Dal) that I chose for this contest who had only but one line. "Sirs, Dukat is here to see you." or something similar.

I imagine that he'd have had a meteoric rise to the top with his promising career cut sadly brief with a heroic death at the hands of either the Klingon or Romulans several moths before Damar's revolt...

8. Nerys Ghemor

"Impressively-endowed" as though those were another part of the anatomy...then again, I guess to a Cardassian, they might be. :lol:

Episode:

[​IMG]

DS9 Theme:

[​IMG]

The extras I chose...one did have a name in the script, but it was never spoken onscreen. I really wish we knew what had happened to those kids after Garak crushed their hearts. This is the story I really, really, REALLY want to know, and have wanted to know for years. :(

Random Theme:

[​IMG]

From Fantasia. There's something about those soft-yet-striking Art Deco colors... :) (I can't take the credit for the original GIF animation, but for cropping it and resizing it.)

9. Marie1

Me too... l'd hope that as things on Bajor got better more were a adopted to good homes... or that their families were found again... l can't see people doing nothing. :(

But by the end of DS9 (TV series l mean) they were probably adults?

10. Deranged Nasat

Then again, Cardassia would see them simply as orphans, so without status or worth, and much of Bajor would see them simply as Cardassians, so they might well have stayed where they were until they were old enough to leave as adults. :(

11. Nerys Ghemor

I don't know...but that's my fear. :(

12. Gul Re'jal

Gul Re'jal Commodore Commodore

Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space
    DS9 episode: Sons of Mogh

[​IMG]

DS9 Theme: Interesting Background Characters

[​IMG]

I have no idea how come this cutie became a guard on such a nasty station, but I gave this face a different life in my fanfic :D

Random Theme: Glow in the dark (without electricity.)

[​IMG]

Mirabilis Jalapa, or Four C'clock--a flower that's supposed to glow in dark.

13. Marie1

But by the end of the time covered during DS9 most could have been adults... it's the same here on earth today though- a lot of people want babies when they adopt and they're super fussy about the race etc. of the child... lt's sad. :/

Voting thread will be up today...