Sylvester McCoy hints at returning villain for S8 (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Candlelight, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

Hopefully it's true, and hopefully he's treated better than RTD did with John Simm.

2. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

You don't reckon it IS McCoy, do you? That The Master has found some way to regenerate in the forms of previous incarnations of The Doctor? :wtf:

3. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

More likely Sylv is thinking of the Charles Dance Master And Commander thing...

4. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Cool idea, but McCoy as a scary Master does not work for me. To bad we could not get Derek Jacobi back as the master.

5. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Why would McCoy know? Is Steven Moffat ringing him up and spilling all the beans?

Not proven, insofar as I'm concerned.

6. Lonemagpie

Folks do natter behind the scenes at cons and signings, but that's why I think he's referring to the Master And Commander fan-spec.

7. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

In some respets Dance would be perfect, in others he's a bit obvious (and I don't mean that in a bad way but I'd just expect a little bit more left field choice)

Also whilst on one hand the notion of the Master taking over Galifray makes sense, on the other hand it doesn't given the Timelords have likely just deposed one dictator in Rassilon (although who knows how quickly time is passing for them.) you'd think they'd know better than to replace him with The Master?

8. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

On a similar note, how and why did Peter Davison know the regeneration limit would be dealt with in Time of the Doctor? I seem to remember sometime in the fall Davison revealed the limit would be dealt with saying something like "people haven't been counting regenerations properly."

Yeah, I know, it doesn't prove this story is true, but it does create a possibility.

9. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

On the subject of The Master, I heard that Michael Smiley (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0806968/?ref_=nv_sr_1) was under consideration.

There was little to back it up and I think it probably just stems from the fact that he was in A Field in England, whose director, Ben Wheatley, is directing some of the next season. He'd be an interesting choice though.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  10. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Ooh now Smiley's the kind of choice I'd call left field (in a good way). Good actor, can be very scary too.

11. Lonemagpie

Tyres from Spaced? Would he still have the lycra?

12. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

"Av a banana!"

In fairness I've seen him turn in some very serious performances since then...

13. Sparky

Sparky Commodore Commodore

Well, that explains Tom Baker in the 50th. Gives the Doctor advice that leads almost directly to his regeneration....what a jerk ;)

But then again, who knows, who knows...

14. PorthosShadow

PorthosShadow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Maybe The Master is really Loki :lol:

15. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Nah, I think the McGann tweeted Pic makes it pretty obvious, when coupled with Sylvester McCoy's comments, that it's actually McGann, who will be the Master (The Curator wearing Tom's face was foreshadowing) ;)