Excellent NEW BBC Star Trek TOS documentary

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by spockboy, Jan 14, 2014.

1. spockboy

spockboy Captain Captain

2. BoredShipCapt'n

BoredShipCapt'n Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks, very nice. Too bad TAS didn't rate a mention.

3. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

Saw this on Discovery a few months back. Don't know how accurate it is but it's a nice watch.

4. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Thanks! I've been meaning to watch this. Curious if the interview with Herb Solow will present anything new.

Still hoping that memoir of his (Going Solow) will be finished someday. A shame he abandoned Inside Mission: Impossible - The Real Story.

5. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not BBC, by the way. It was broadcast in the UK on Channel Five last year, which is a totally different organisation (and they probably bought it in from Discovery).

6. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Interesting, but ultimately I found it simplistic and not very deep. It perpetuates some notions that have already been debunked. It's a rather sound bite like presentation.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  7. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

8 minutes in they've already misstated or skipped a number of things.

8. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Well, that's disappointing. I'll still take a look in a bit; it may be worth a blog entry.

9. Maurice

Saw it. It's a waste of time. Its rubbish. It didn't tell me one thing I didn't know before, and misstated a number of well-known events. And while Solow talks about how all these people contributed to the show, they only name Jefferies and Justman and no one else.

It wastes tons of time talking about Star Trek "science" in the real world. Blah blah.

10. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, ultimately it's a fluff piece. If you want to know about Star Trek best stick to the few decent published references we've gotten over the years.

11. Maurice

The operative word is, I think, "padded".

I just tire of fluff pieces like this. It's like they managed to find a half dozen interview subjects, did the sketchiest research possible, as try to pass it off a some kind of "real story". Boo.

12. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

It's especially a shame when you have people like Solow and Nimoy in front of the camera that you can't find interesting questions to ask.

13. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

14. kennysmith

kennysmith Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

To Spock boy I need to talk with you in privet email it is about your posting