The End of TrekMovie.com?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Devon, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Devon

Devon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

A little different of a post for me. But does anyone know whats going on? The site is almost the completely opposite of what it was months leading up to the previous film. Anthony is M.I.A. No one is following up with the new film over there it seems other than maybe a sporadic update. Updates in general far and few between anymore, even the weekly features aren't being updated.

Yes, I know there are other options, but TrekMovie was a great part of the experience, I thought, of the last film leading up to it and now.. nothing. A little disappointing.

And sorry if this wasn't the appropriate place to post this, but I figured since it was such a big part for a lot of us the last time around that this was a good place to post.

2. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I don't know what might or might not be going on with the website, but just saw Anthony post the other day on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/TrekMovie/status/258686018272768000

https://twitter.com/TrekMovie/status/258686155451670529

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

TrekWeb.com said the site "seems to be dead" although it reported a few new comments from Bob Orci there.

It'd be a shame if they vanished. But, I hope if they DO come back, there are none of those BS headlines with declarations like "The comics are canon!" (which didn't get updated when Orci explicitly makes a retraction in the comments)

4. Bamarren

Bamarren Lieutenant Red Shirt

It's use has definitely slowed down, the twitter account and news on the site was usually great stuff, but very slowly the updates have become fewer and fewer. Lot of rumours flying around the comments sections of the news updates but who knows. One of the pains of taking care of a big site - other things creeping up on you at the same time. Hope it comes back with plenty more on the new film.

5. tmosler

tmosler Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I agree with everyone I remember during the summer when trek movie.com was having daily updates and interviews with people like orci and now trek movie.com has been dead for months. Now instead of going to trek movie .com I go to trek web daily for star trek news.

6. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

The problem is that there's been relatively little "real" news about the new movie. You had the comic book and that's about it. Trekweb has articles about the cast saying how wonderful the movie is. They post a lot of fluff, not all the time, but often.

7. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

The last update was October 8, and updates were daily prior to that. So Trekmovie hasn't been dead a month yet, let alone "months."

Actually, turns out there's an update today.

8. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Anthony is probably taking a break, running a site like that can burn you out, Trust me, I know this from experience with my sites. It's best to take a break now then start to be fresh and get going again at the begining of the year.

9. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Certainly, and now's a pretty good time to take a break, since Abrams is still in uber secret mode and the most we have to discuss about the movie is its comic book prequel and the three frames of footage we saw on Conan.

10. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The site has definitely taken a turn for the worse. Posts are sporadic, several in a few day period and then weeks without any. Anthony's involvement is very limited, most posts coming from a couple of new people. Censorship in the comments is getting pretty overboard as well.

11. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

You like sifting through spam and trolls' rants? :wtf:

12. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

^ Without getting into it, that's not the only stuff that gets deleted; trust me. And I've seen comments that should have been deleted and stayed up there, so...

13. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I stopped reading Trekmovie's comments a long time ago. They're always so overwhelmingly negative about anything and everything.

14. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They censor a lot of people too, people that may try to constructively criticize the new movie.

15. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's why this forum is better, stronger, faster.

16. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Star Trek Into Darkness. Almost november. Nothing, nothing, nothing. It drives me insane! :brickwall:

17. Spock/Uhura Fan

What does that have to do with the thread topic? :confused:

18. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

T'bonz is doing a great job of keeping up with Trek news here.

19. Spock/Uhura Fan

I agree. :) And she seems to do it impartially, which is nice. News reporting shouldn't have an angle to it; it should be just what the name suggests: Reporting the news.

20. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

As bad as it is it's still nowhere near as bad as an aintitcoolnews.com talkback.