What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Booted up Uncharted 3 for the first time in a couple of months. Previously it glitched out on me right when I was about to beat an annoying encounter on a boat and it just kind of killed my will to keep playing.

So after battling back through that part what is my reward? An insanely tedious glorified cut-scene set in the desert. I can kick back and watch cutscenes. But I can't get behind this faux interactive crap, where you have to hold the joystick in a direction for 5 minutes to keep the piece of crap going. If there is no element of skill, puzzle solving, or any ability to have an impact on your game experience, just put it on autopilot and call it a cutscene.

It's a very pretty game, but sequences like those are killing me.

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yeah, that desert scene was fucking annoying. I liked it for the mood it set, but it served no purpose for me to actually have to play through it.

3. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

You may want to check out the Trek Gaming threads. Several are on STO.

4. david lowbridge

david lowbridge Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Playing Anno 1404 at the moment. love the game, especially setting up my huge navy. large naval battles in it are great too.

5. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well I picked up a few games on eBay to keep me busy during my post-graduation unemployment period next month, so should be fun.

Sonic the Hedgehog (Master System) -- original 8-bit Sonic platformer.
    Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon (SNES - Import) -- Sailor Moon beat 'em up. Not perfect, but it's Sailor Moon. Great graphics and music.
    Ganbare Goemon Kirakira Douchuu (SNES - Import) -- aka. Legend of the Mystical Ninja 4.
    Batman (NES) -- I beat this game a while ago on an emulator with save states, but that's not right. Time to do it the proper way.

6. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd been playing hardcore PS3 and XBox for the past few years, but I splurged and bought a Nintendo 3DS. I've been playing Super Mario 3D Land (which is badass, btw) and after I go through all the levels again with Luigi I plan on playing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (which I've booted up and also looks equally said badass)

7. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

Hydro Thunder Hurricane

Golgo 13: The Mafat Conspiracy

8. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is there any value to this version? The Genesis version came out first, which meant as a kid I never even considered that the SMS port would be worth playing.

9. D Man

D Man Commodore Commodore

^^I don't think it's a particularly good game, but it's fun in a goofy old-school sort of way. It isn't really a port though, it's a whole new game on its own. I like the second Sonic game for Master System/Game Gear a lot more, the gameplay is tighter and the areas more unique. And they don't start you off in a "Green Hills"-esque zone for once.

I was having a pretty good time going through FFXIII until I picked up Skyrim a few months ago...comparing them is apples and oranges really, but Skyrim is just astonishingly more fun, deep, and epic. There's certainly more of a thrill to pickpocketing a bunch of gold off of someone than an umpteenth Paradigm Shift. :bolian:

10. Kelthaz

I've only played it for a few minutes on an emulator, but I enjoyed what I played enough to purchase the game. Obviously it's nowhere near as good as the Genesis games, but it's a very well designed platformer. The developers realized that they couldn't replicate the speed that made the Genesis games so iconic, so rather than an epic fail the developers wisely ditched Sonic's speed in favour of something similar to the NES Mario games.

11. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Over weekend been hammering away at Arkham City and earlier I finished the main story + Catwomen episodes though going to do some of the side stuff too. It was a really good game overall though I slightly prefer Arkham Asylum I think due to the sequel having a weaker story IMO and the main story feels shorter and padded out to keep it going at times.

Hope there is a 3rd.

12. XwarlokX

XwarlokX Lieutenant Red Shirt

Since I had to sell my PS3 a couple months ago I've been rockin my PSP to fill the gap. Been playing a lot of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and God of War: Ghost of Sparta.

Throw in some Angry birds on there as well, and Deus Ex on my laptop and I think I'm doing pretty good. :bolian: Oh yea and STO as well. I finally hit the level cap and got my Odyssey! Ship has so much potential, but I still have to outfit it.

...I still miss my PS3 though...

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I started playing Prototype 2 yesterday, and you can instantly climb buildings and glide across the air, that's all I care about for a fun game :lol:

14. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Played through to the end of Halo 3 last night - my first experience with that series/franchise. Wasn't bad. Might look up ODST and Reach sometime this year (especially as ODST apparently is less linear)... Wasn't Half Life though...

Not sure what to play next

15. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I'm a big Halo fan (the only game I haven't played is the RTS Halo Wars, and I've read most of the novels), and ODST is probably my favorite game in the series. My impression of the "general consensus" in the Halo fandom is that that opinion would put me in the minority, but ODST has a much different atmosphere than the other games which I found to be very refreshing. It also plays a little differently since your character is a mere normal human soldier rather than a supersoldier (I even had to retreat a couple times from battles in the hub world, which I never did as Master Chief unless I was on one of the high difficulty settings).

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

The actual missions were alright, but ODST was definitely disappointing, and I really hated the overworld and the story wasn't very interesting.

17. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Currently enjoying some old school Dragon Quest fun.

18. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

ODST may have a few pacing issues but I do like the changed atmosphere of the game and ODST looked fantastic when compared to Halo 3.

I decided to start MGS 1 on my PS3, downloaded it last year but not really touched it yet. Classic game, wish it would get a remake to go with the current HD collection.

19. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I'm starting to get back into SWTOR, and I've just started playing The Witcher 2 on Xbox.

20. Kelthaz

Well that explains the new avatar. The Dragon Quest games are fun, but I can't imagine playing them the way that they were intended to be played. Emulators and a fast forward key make the games so much better. Well, I did beat Dragon Warrior IV back in the day, but I wouldn't have the patience for it today.