The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

He didn't have any problem speaking clearly in Batman and Robin :p

2. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ That film doesn't exist and if it did, he wouldn't be in it.

3. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe they can Christian Bale and Michael Caine get to do something like this:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-8kWh6AEJg[/yt]

4. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Well stated, and I'll go you one further, the average film goer isn't even going to know Nolan

5. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Well the last one already felt like more of a crime thriller than a superhero movie anyway, so I don't expect that will change much here.

6. nvek86

nvek86 Commander Red Shirt

Oh, I thought that was a very good trailer. It may not have shown much of the story, but instead focused on the "atmosphere" of the film. It seems like it's going to be a very dark film (I mean: not even one little joke in the trailer? One line that isn't doom and gloom?).

And, granted he didn't say much, but I had no problem understanding Bane's line here.

7. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

so, what was his line?

8. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Despite the visual presence of at least two costumed people, two scenes of those costumed people fighting each other and what can only be described as a flying bat mobile?

Ok...

9. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe it'll all be a wash in the end. Two of the three guys in my department, who love comic films, weren't won over. One in particular said, "I expected more for a first teaser follow-up to TDK." I didn't correct him that 6min of footage isn't categorically a teaser.

I'd say the public was more interested in a new take on Batman post-Clooney than they were about the villians involved with Begins. Iron Man is a different comparison I think. To most all he was all new and RDJ sells that most of all. John Q Moviegoer may need something more to get him out is all I'm hypothosising. He/She might actually care who the villain is with a Batman and Gotham he's now famaliar. Which to Nolan's credit he tosses in Catwoman as Hathaway no less. I'm sure her push as co-star will come with more featured promos later.

I'm just playing Devil's Advocate, thinking out loud on the other side of the Nolan fandom lovefest is all. I'm going to the film.

I've seen fandom scratch their heads before. OMG how did Cars 2 not do better? Pirates 4 should've been way more of a hit. Super 8 was a $200m film for sure, Spielberg is attached.
    If TDKR drops and drops too much lets not say we didn't analyze the scenarios, thus making us not surprised.

10. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I just watched the trailer on YouTube and loved it every bit of it. I, too, had no problem understanding Bane.

11. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't see how one can watch the end of TDK and not expect Dent to be addressed in the sequel.

12. nvek86

nvek86 Commander Red Shirt

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

13. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

It's kinda scary how much JGL looks like Heath Ledger, I just noticed.

14. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

This article in an interesting read, in an "inside baseball" kind of way -- Tim Drake's version of the "Robin" logo appears in the trailer.

I'd point that that Stephanie used the same version of the logo during her tenure as Robin, and Juno Temple is a dead-ringer for Steph.... :)

That said, I don't think there's any deep meaning there. It's a stylized R. Sports fans do things like that.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just watched the trailer and I loved it. I cannot wait for this movie. Although, I will admit I couldn't understand the second half of Banes line. But I think that was probably more because I'm watching it on a computer, and it's got music and stuff in the background. I have no doubt that I'll be able to understand him fine in the theater. And I thought the effects for the football field collapsing looked great.

16. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

I assume you mean the "Batwing"

Set photo

[​IMG]

Almost finished product

[​IMG]

Set videos

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVkjvkvhAnE[/YT]

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZn-CzVXAA4[/YT]

And i'm still amazed at how the nearly finished football scene turned out.

It's only been a couple of months since we followed the production videos of that.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXlxNBpgZpI[/YT]

17. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

The R sign "Robin" rumours are quite ridiculous. As much as I would like to see a Robin in the film Nolan has made it quite clear in previous interviews that he won't be seen. Of course this very well could change now given the time frame of the movie.

Joseph Gordon Levitt looks nothing like Heath Ledger in the trailer. I have to admit that John Blake is a fascinating character. Whoever Juno Temple is playing is another.

18. C_Miller

C_Miller Captain Captain

I still kind of think that JGL is going to be a Robin type character and when it actually comes down to it, his name is going to be Dick Grayson or Tim Drake. If this is the 100% end of Bruce Wayne, there is no way that the ending is going to have any glimmer of hope unless there is someone to possibly take over and while these movies are dark, they need some hope.

Edit: I will say that I thought Hathaway did fine. Fans are going to be angry about her existence in general, but she was great. Menacing even.

19. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I too thought Anne was great as Selina. Mysterious, menacing, sexy. All the elements that a fan would come to expect from a Catwoman. It's going to be interesting to see how she fits into this. There are so many questions this trailer raises. Regarding the prison we saw...could it be Bane imprisons Bruce in Black Gate? I assume that by this point Arkham has been restored. That was a plot point still not resolved at the end of "The Dark Knight". Perhaps Bane after he uncovers his identity imprisons him to get him out of the way. We've not really seen Batman put in a classic trap yet in these films so perhaps this is the Nolan version.

20. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

The trailer looked good, but for some reason I'm just not as hyped about TDKR as I was about TDK. The feeling just isn't there this time, and I don't know why.