Inhumans and the Marvel Cinematic Universe (and beyond)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by bbjeg, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Why is Muspelheim missing from the drawing of the Nine Realms? And is it just me, or did he spell Jotunheim as "Yotunhiem"? Come on! Isn't Selvig supposed to be of Scandinavian descent?

2. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

3. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

This was interesting-

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/agents-o...ks-inhumans-in-agents-of-shield-and-in-marvel

This was my point a year ago when I started this thread. Inhumans are definitely MCU's excuse for mutants.

4. Dales

Dales Captain Captain

the inhumans things is extremely irritating. marvel is trying too hard with it. they want it to replace the xmen series so badly to the point that they have destroyed magneto's family tree. thankfully we have other countless alternate realties where wanda and Prieto are still the children of magneto.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  5. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Inhumans have existed in Marvel comics since 1965. :vulcan:

6. Dales

Dales Captain Captain

Yes they have but they have never been popular or have ever made a huge impact. marvel has been pushing the series so badly now.I am not one of those people that buy how the twins are no longer mutants or magneto's kids. its is just too outlandish. it also shows marvel desperation to make inhuman popular. its failing for me:eek:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  7. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

While they've clearly never been as popular as the Avengers or the X-Men, I think "never been popular or have ever made a huge impact" is untrue. As guest characters in Fantastic Four, which is where they began, I believe that they've been enormously popular, especially Crystal and Medusa.

And Lockjaw is guesting in Ms. Marvel right now.

Anyway, I welcome the development of the Inhumans in the MCU. Frankly, when it comes to comic book heroes on the big and small screens, the more the merrier, as far as I'm concerned.

8. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

^Strongly agree.

9. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

The MCU has no Magneto to destroy the family tree of.

And Wanda and Pietro got by as characters just fine for 15 years before it was "revealed" (retconned) that they were Magneto's children.

10. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

It would be ironic if that's why they're doing it since the evidence suggests Wanda and Pietro in the movies are not Inhumans.

11. Dales

Dales Captain Captain

they destroyed his family three in the comics as well. they were magneto kids first by bloodline and proper story. a bloodline that has retconned consistent to every marvel alternate realities.

this is my main problem with marvel. they are destroying a lot of their storylines because it does not fit the mcu films.I found that very stupid. since when has comic story mattered so much to comic films.

12. Alidar Jarok

But are they destroying it to match the films. I'll put it in spoiler code, but I'll submit they aren't matching:

Joss Whedon said that Wanda and Pietro are the product of genetic engineering. Kevin Feige said that the Inhumans are not going to be the explanation for them.

While I can't say for certain what Marvel's plans are, everyone is assuming they'll be stated to be Inhumans. Either way, I doubt they're going to say genetic engineering caused by Loki's staff at the hands of Baron Von Strucker in the comics.

13. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Unconfirmed rumor!! Marvel rumored to be scrapping Inhumans movie.

Apparently, a *ahem* civil war has broken out between Marvel movies Kevin Feige and Ike Perlmutter at Marvel television. Inhumans was reportedly Ike's baby, hence the build-up in Agents of SHIELD, but with Feige successfully breaking away from under Perlmutter's thumb, Marvel movies may go in another direction.

Remember! This is an unconfirmed rumor!

14. Alidar Jarok

It seems an easy fix. Movies make more money, everyone answers to Disney. Disney tells Perlmutter to dial it down so there can be a movie.

I think they've figured out a good compromise right now - the NuHuman stuff goes on Agents of SHIELD, the royal family stays for the movies. I would prefer they actually coordinate more and plan casting decisions that could also appear in a future movie, but I wouldn't be surprised if they stake out their turf.

15. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The many, many, many arms of Marvel (and Disney at that) cannot, cannot , cannot co-operate because the weakest is culled and the strongest is given a massive, massive, massive bonus.

Have you Read King Lear?

16. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Debunkery.

17. Alidar Jarok

Frankly, that's what made the most sense anyway. The core of Inhumans are off limits. I never expected otherwise. But 1) this isn't something that would have snuck up, the TV side has to get permission to do things and clearly has been building this way for years and 2) when there's a problem, the movie side wins because they make more money.

18. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know beans about the comics' Inhumans, but I was half-expecting this project to be canceled anyway. If Fox keeps the X-Men movie mutant brand alive, and Agents of SHIELD remains Inhuman-centric over the next few seasons, will general audiences really want Inhumans on the big screen? Seems potentially redundant to moi... :p

19. Alidar Jarok

It probably seems redundant because you don't know about the comics Inhumans ;)

The big attraction of the Inhumans is the royal family - Black Bolt, Medusa, Gorgon, Karnak, Crystal, and Lockjaw. They're all fun characters (well, except Crystal, she sucks). It's sort of a less campy Guardians with a weird sci-fi society.

20. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's barely anything to know.

Every Inhumans series has been a dead end miniseries or a failure.

The Royal Family arrives in any series and makes for an interesting 2 or 3 issues sometimes but it's hard to string that together a coherent narrative over the decades splayed between dozens of titles.

During the massive event crossover "Secret Invasion", it was revealed that King Blackbolt of the Inhuman Royal Family had been deep-cover Skrull sleeper agent all along for the past gods knows how long.

:)

I'm just curious if they'll say that Lockjaw is a person who was turned into a Dog, or a Dog with super powers, since the comics are divided on the subject.