How I Met Your Mother: Barney and... (Spoilers ahead...)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Agent Richard07, Apr 30, 2008.

1. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well I was totally satisfied. Can't wait for next year. The faster Quinn disappears the better. And since they needed to kill a bit more time with Ted, bringing back Victoria was probably the best choice they could have made.

For me this show has always had the chance of falling the way of Lost and Battlestar Galactica in the end. I loved both those shows as they were going, but the last episodes were pretty well dissapointing. Having the final episodes leave bad tastes in my mouth somehow ruined the memories of both shows for me. But at this point I know that won't happen with MIMYM. Nothing will be stand in the way of me always loving this show.

2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Well, now we know one major plot point. The other is still up in the air.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I shrieked.

I gasped like a Japanese Schoolgirl at the big reveal in Avengers, but this was more like someone hit me in the foot with a hammer.

4. firesoforion

firesoforion Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

:wtf: I love Quinn and Barney! I still think it will be her. Barney and Robin don't work on any level. Why would they create essentially the perfect love story and then just destroy it? I think it'll be a double wedding, with Ted as the best man of both (we already knew he was going to be Robin's best man, and can assume he'd be Barney's). They like giving us a plot twist, and I think the premier will be bringing it back to being Quinn and Barney. He never loved Nora the way he did Robin (and she was awful, so good), but he never loved Robin the way he did Quinn. Even in the Star Wars Trilogy episode, when he was Robin, in three years he was going to be with a one night stand, but when he was with Quinn, he said he wanted to be with Quinn in three years.

5. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

The season finale was surprising, but not surprising. Will they go through with it? Will things fall apart? The latter is a possibility. The wedding was described as a disaster. Plus, future Ted talked about Robin being a world traveller and presented her in such a way that she didn't seem to be tied down. I'd also mention the flash-forward where Barney was pretending to be on his death bed to get back at Marshall. Robin didn't look like a wife concerned for her dying husband, but I don't know what to make of that little side story.

She was always hot. :p

6. Guy Gardener

Hot is not a fixed point. It's a sliding scale.

Same with ugly.

Though plain is plain, and that's the entire point behind plain.

7. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

Or the worst... Victoria is easily the best mom candidate on the show ever, and if we see more of her and she's not the mother, then the mother needs to be that much better now. I hope they have a good exit strategy.

8. Guy Gardener

We need more of this woman.

I love her.

And short of a zombie episode, I think they shot her in the face until she died too much, on Warehouse 13, so that's closed down for her.

I'm still pissed with how things finished for her on Good Morning Miami.

Girl never gets a break.

When they said "You haven't seen her in 8 months" didn't you just smell another baby?

um.

Cupcakes.

Victoria is the queen of cupcakes.

Isn't there another show on CBS about a girl and her cupcakes and another girl and their horse?

CROSSOVER!!!!

9. Agent Richard07

Yeah.

10. ryan123450

Just because the wedding will be a disaster doesnt mean Barney and Robbin wont get married. Marshall and Lily's wedding was a disaster too. We know it rains on their wedding day so that alone hints there will be problems. That also fits into the theory I have that Marshall will dole out the final slaps in the series finale. That wont make for a very happy wedding day foe Barney.

I'm starting to wonder if Victoria will actually be the Mother. If they break up again, and meet miraculously again at Barneys wedding, Ter can tell the kids "and that is how I met your mother... And then met her again... And again... And one last time."

11. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^^ I don't think Victoria meets all the clues to be the mother. That would be interesting, have Robin be the mother but older Ted is bullshitting his kids the whole time or has early onset Alzheimers or something.

12. Guy Gardener

Or, there are two Robins.

Batman had 6 at last count.

13. ryan123450

Upon further thought I dont actually think they will make Victoria the Mother, but I wonder what exactly makes that ending not fit?

14. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Called it almost exactly how it happened

Victoria was a nice surprise since i really like the looks of the actress and her smile and i liked her season 1 storyline and how they both met but i knew she wouldn't be the mother.. too many contradictions.

All considered it was a weak finale.. not terribly funny, lame jokes and the ending didn't surprise me a bit.. it was the only "logical" choice and now they'll probably take all season to explain how this came about.. or maybe half a season and the rest will be devoted to Ted and the mother.

To this date the weakest season finale i saw this season.

15. Agent Richard07

Season 8 began last night and they set it up so that we aren't sure whether or not Barney and Robin will in fact get married.

We also have some news about the future of the show... The show runners aren't sure if this will be the last season or not but they're writing it as if it is and they can change direction and extend things if need be. Read more here. And Neil Patrick Harris says that the cast is ready to move on but they're willing to do another season if they get offered lucrative deals. Read more here.

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

So did The Mother play on the band at Barney and Robin's wedding? I hope they meet the Mother in this finale then do a whole season with her as a character.

17. FPAlpha

Honestly they should have ended at least 1-2 seasons before.. the way it looks now they'll spent the entire season getting to the Barney/Robin wedding and in the final moments reveal the mother. *cue end of the show*

Personally i don't care much anymore.. i watch because parts are still funny but the main storyline has lost steam ages ago.

18. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Shouldn't the mother sit in his lectures?

19. FPAlpha

No.. the one time that happened Ted picked the wrong class (it was his first time as professor). It was just a tease within the show and i'm pretty sure that really obsessed fans started to analyze the pictures and look for the mother :lol:

20. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I wonder if Robin and Barney are having a double wedding and are actually marrying different people?