The 2 Minute Trailer?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Procutus, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Re: TODAY: There will be an exclusive iTunes teaser

My guess for the plot is that some of Khan's followers or even rival genetically engineered supermen, including Harrison, were put into cryostasis (possibly beneath London) instead of escaping aboard the Botany Bay, and he emerges from stasis to gain followers with necessary skills he can exploit (like the parents of the dying girl he offers to cure) before he starts to wreak havoc on Earth to exact revenge and rebuild their empire.

Come to think of it, that looks like it could be a large man and a woman exiting the facility, so Harrison might have needed the couple's skills in cryotech to awaken his followers and offered to save their daughter (with their genetic engineering knowledge or a transfusion or transplant from one of the supermen) in exchange for their help.

2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Trying to resist the urge to make a crack about brewery engine room.

3. Bishop76

Bishop76 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Felt more like a morgue or mass of coffins but I still have only seen it on my phone - gotta wait to get home from work to enjoy it on the big screen.

4. Amasov

Amasov Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Isn't Peter Weller's character supposed to be somebody who's involved with genetics or am I just making this up? I thought I remember hearing that some time ago.

5. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I believe all we know about him is that he's a CEO-type of guy with his own starship. And maybe Carol Marcus' father.

6. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

My money's still on him being Commander Starfleet.

7. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Can't speak to the rest of your speculation, but I'd bet a significant portion of my annual salary that the answer to this question is "no".

On this point, I agree.

8. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Another group perhaps, but unlikely. The BB is out in space, that has not changed since it was launched before the Nero timeline change. It is more conceivable that another ship found them and brought them to Earth or something. Perhaps Peter Weller is a high ranking Starfleet officer, and one of his ships found them and brought hem back to Earth to study them. Maybe he made a deal with Kahn (Weller would unfreeze the rest of his 'family') to help him, and got Kahn into Starfleet under the guise of John Harrison for some reason. Kahn/John then turns on Weller and the destruction begins.

9. Cinema Geekly

Cinema Geekly Commander Red Shirt

Doesn't this board get run over by the "JJ has killed Gene Roddenberry all over again just by agreeing to direct Star Trek movies" trolls like on TrekMovie? I never seem to really see them here.

10. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

Those types do exist here but they are in the minority.

I loved trek 09 and this movie looks like it will top that one!!

11. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I liked this trailer more than I liked the first one. Still a little on the cautiously optimistic side, but at least we got to see the ship actually flying, amongst other things. Overall, good trailer.

12. Cinema Geekly

Cinema Geekly Commander Red Shirt

That's nice to know! I'm Trek apologist and I've loved it be it TWOK or the Zindi Arc in ENT. I kinda...sorta....can't get enough.

13. Gojira

Then you have found the right place! Welcome. :bolian:

14. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Coffins don't customarily have windows in them.

15. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

Interesting that the Federation emblem seems to have been re-designed a bit -- the presence of the "gears" on the outside of the circle. And that it's on a white flag now instead of a blue. < /random minutiae >

16. Bishop76

Bishop76 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm very sorry that I didn't see that detail on my 3" screen. I'll try to do better next time.

17. Gojira

My speculation is that maybe the cryo-chambers are at the end of the movie setting up the khan filled sequel?

18. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Coffins......OF THE FUTURE

19. Amasov

Amasov Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For some reason, him being Marcus' father seems totally plausible to me. Not sure why, but it just sounds right.

20. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

No, they're likely not coffins, but they could be mortuary cold chambers.