Eurovision Song Contest 2011 (Düsseldorf, Germany)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by JRS, May 1, 2011.

1. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Every Way That I Can is on my playlist. The Olsen Bros sticks in my mind. There's a couple of others, but not many.

2. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We're Michael Bolton fans...I actually feel bad that I just made that joke.

3. Shaytan

Shaytan Vice Admiral Admiral

:lol:
    I only know Scandinavian music through death metal (and they're very good at it, and well known for that). I particularly like melodic death metal. To have them in the Eurovision would be very very entertaining, in several ways :lol:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1FkbvGl-IU[/yt]

I think I can name a few but the 1st one I can remember is this one :

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuN5jA3Dslk[/yt]

4. Krisno

Krisno Commodore Commodore

Nice songs this year. The Azeri song wasn't my favourite, but I understand why it won. I also liked Serbia, Iceland, Moldova and Denmark. Yes, Moldova wasn't bad if you consider the genre. On the other hand, the UK, Ireland, Sweden and Greece were particularly bad in my view. It seems western countries are becoming the thing that they accuse eastern countries of being: shallow pop circus acts. I had this especially with the UK entry, it was out of tune and the song was just forgettable and unbearable at times. That black guy in the UK's Blue is probably the only black guy in the world who can't sing!

My country the Netherlands again didn't make it to the final. I blame the performance. It was just really bad with horrible styling and chaotic and unorganised choreography. Perhaps we the Dutch should realise that we're not good at this. The Dutch entry was simply blown away by the competition.

Ofcourse a lot of Dutch people are accusing the eastern block again. Personally I don't believe this. In the last 10 years only 4 winners came from the east, and I don't believe Estonia even could be considered as part of the eastern block as a non slavic nation. And ofcourse Azerbaijan definitely ISN'T part of the eastern block because it's an Asian Islamic Turkic speaking nation! This year's top 10 only includes 3 eastern block nations, if you consider Georgia to be part of the Eastern block which is also doubtful.