Star Trek Photo Manipulation Archive

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Rabittooth, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue McGee

Blue McGee Cadet Newbie

Hey guys. I'm completely new to these forums and somewhat new to Trek. However, I'm a budding screenwriter and decided to "reboot" Voyager somewhat, as a little side-project. My plan is to make it a little more gritty, a little more realistic, etc.

So, I re-cast the entire crew:

[​IMG]

So as you can see, Janeway is now black. This wasn't really a conscious decision to make a stark contrast but rather, Angela Bassett was the only woman I could see doing this role justice. Chakotay will have a completely different backstory, and now has a first name (which is taken from Beltran's full name). Tuvok will ultimately be very different, much more aggressive as he tries to suppress emotions, etc. There'll be a lot more conflict, especially considering he won't have his Vulcan mentors to guide him anymore.

Not much has changed with Torres and Paris, except some backstory pieces that I've chopped and changed. Erin is a new character, created for sex appeal (it's always gotta be there), while Slavik is the EMH replacement. As I wanted to make this more real, an EMH just didn't fit into my plans, so I replaced the character with a Human/Cardassian hybrid... thus, causing conflict between him and the Maquis (and especially B'Elanna). And then there's Harry Kim. You'll see him almost the same as his counterpart, but as the series progresses, he'll have MUCH more character development.

Now, as for other characters you haven't see me mention... you might be a little surprised by their re-imaginings:

[​IMG]

The Caretaker isn't just misguided, he's very much calculated and somewhat evil. Neelix (who I renamed Thane Ranix -- Thane being an anagram of Ethan (Phillips) and Ranix being Rinax -- just because I don't like the sound of Neelix) and Kes are extremely different and will have guest roles. Their characters, while seemingly the same on the surface, are vastly different. O'Cane is a character I've created that will play a role on the reboot, but I'll keep tight lipped on that one.

Season One will have 13 episodes (60 page teleplay scripts) which will climax in some unforgettable twists, battles, and some nice gory deaths of the main cast. I've only just begun writing the pilot episode but I'll let people know when it's complete, if they're interested.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  2. Funngunner

Funngunner Lieutenant Red Shirt

A couple of quick and dirty manipulations for Their Finest Hour...

[​IMG]

Cadet J.J. Carmichael, Academy class of 2154
    played by Christopher Egan

3. Funngunner

[​IMG]

And Cadet Sara Andrews, Class of 2154
    Portrayed by Allison Miller

4. Funngunner

One last one for the night...

[​IMG]

Captain Isoruku Nagumo, commanding officer, USS Abukuma
    Portrayed by Ken Watanabe

5. mirandafave

mirandafave Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Funngunner I really like those imaginings of your characters. Cool uniform choice too. I think it is very appropriate to the age in which your story is set. :bolian:

6. mirandafave

mirandafave Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Also BlueMcGee I like the idea of Angela Basset as a starship captain. She looks cool. Also the choice of uniform is surprising - but those ENT uniforms do look cool on quite a number of your characters. Good luck with the writing.

7. Blue McGee

Blue McGee Cadet Newbie

Angela Basset would rule as a captain. Not sure if anyone saw her in Alias but man, she was commanding!

As for the uniforms, they were the "grittiest" I had seen so far, so they kinda fit the theme I'm going for. Anywho, I've written the pilot, but I'm going back and re-writing it because it's just not as different as I'd hoped.

8. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

Blue,

This is a very interesting idea, to reboot Voyager, I am very excited and looking forward to reading the pilot.

Why not design uniforms more akin to the 24th century design, or is it meant to be in a timeline separate to TNG/DS9?

9. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My photmanip skills are rather limited, but I gave it a try:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
    Ogrebear likes this.
  10. Keldaria

Keldaria Cadet Newbie

Its currently being done in a elite force ST RPG. I actually do most the sigs for them and its quite a good plotline and well thought backstory taking place about 15 years after voyagers return home.

Its based around a new ship. Uss Voyager-A which is a Vivice class vessel equiped with a newly developed Slipstream drive, which has a mission to journey back to the delta quadrant to reconnect with old allies, explore the unexplored areas and to examine what remains of the borg threat after the crippleing blow delt by janeway in the final episode.

Its a great time and has good plots and lots of good RPers. A few familuar faces have returned such as the now Captain Chakotay, and 7 of 9 the lead developer of the slipstream drive that voyager-a now runs on. but enough about that ;) i'm not here to advertise so i'm not posting a link for it because we have rules agianst that sort of thing but i did want to respond to the above posters comments because it is a great plot to reboot the show in the after years

But mainly I joined and posted here because I wanted to compliment all the posters on the great quality of manips exspecially the OP'ers

I also wanted to show a few of my manips that i've created for the RPG starting with the one I made for my character

[​IMG]

Now this is a 100% original Manipulation done by myself, It features parts from 6 differant images and is the culmination of about 4 hours worth of Photoshop paying extremme attention to details such as the position of her Eye implant so I hope you guys enjoy it :)

11. Keldaria

Keldaria Cadet Newbie

not bad, you might want to try darkening and or lessing the saturation on the head so it matches the hands better also a quick blur around the edges of the head once you flatten the layers does wonders as does a light blur over the entire image to hide the minor details. All in all thats much better than most of my images when i first picked up photoshop so you should be proud of that :)

12. Defcon

Ah, well I haven't just picked it up, I'm playing with Gimp on and off for a while now, but mostly for avatar size pics where it is much easier to hide inconsistencies. :)

FWIW I have slightly edited the pic above.

13. Drake

Drake Lieutenant Red Shirt

This certainly came as a surprise and a very pleasant one! Thank you for the time taken to do this. Admiral Lindenbrook lives! :)

14. Defcon

You're welcome. :)

15. Keldaria

Keldaria Cadet Newbie

I can tell =) looks good. I started playing with photoshop about a year ago, and its only recently when i've been doing about 5 sigs a week for my RPG that i've gotten any good at it. and even then somethings i do still seem kindov hit and miss. Its sad a few of my oldest manips are still my best because you can never beat finding those 2 pictures that seem to belong together and fit perfictly.

Anymore i'm having a horrid time finding material for my manips like uniforms are the worst followed by backgrounds. Rabbittooth where do you get the uniforms you use? I have the worse trouble finding good closeups of the first contact style uniform

16. ambessalion

ambessalion Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

these are really good images....i'm familair with Rabbittooth's material from STPMA but i didnt know you guys here do photomanips too....i'd have joined sooner if i had....

17. Drake

Drake Lieutenant Red Shirt

Well, you're here now. Do I know you from somewhere?

18. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

I've got couple requests, can someone PM me if they'd be willing to oblige.

They're for a couple original characters for my fanfic Star Trek: Voyager - Dark Realm.

The characters and actors are thus:

Master Chief Manfred Kano (Trevor Goddard in a TNG security uniform (gold))
    Lieutnant j.g. Henry Kano (Eric Bana with a Voyager sciences division uniform).

The hyperlinks lead to the respective character bios on STEU wiki. Can anyone help?

19. Keldaria

Keldaria Cadet Newbie

I'll be more than happy to take a swing at these when i get home this evening

20. ambessalion

ambessalion Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

are you stalking me?:eek::wtf::devil::evil::scream:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.