Phase II begins re-filming "Mind Sifter"

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by PattyW, Jun 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PattyW

PattyW Commander Red Shirt

An FYI: this post/information (posted by Jaime Sanchez, an assistant) was removed from the PII Facebook page by James Cawley - with the note that only a couple producers were authorized to create and share such information and Jaime was not. So I guess it's content should be disregarded at this point.

2. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

...or it could be entirely valid but still be information that James Cawley wants disseminated by select individuals and not "an assistant."

Perhaps you should just leave the updates about such information to the people actually involved with Phase II and not keep trying to assert yourself as still involved or in any way associated with them currently.

James has made no bones about coming here to post on behalf of Phase II when he's needed to - including shooting you down when you overstep or spread misinformation. I'm pretty sure they don't need you policing random Facebook posts from the outside looking in.

3. PattyW

PattyW Commander Red Shirt

dude, I guess you are missing Loken and need to find someone else to stalk and start fights with. Keep looking...it's not me.

You have no problem with Kelso and the other people from sharing FaceBook posts from P2 here. Are they claiming to be involved? And here you claim I am trying to assert myself as still involved (when I just repeat what was publicly posted), while on other posts you complain when I identify myself as not involved any longer. I'd say "make up your mind" but, really, just stop it already. No one cares that you seem to need a fight. I won't be answering your nonsense again.

For everyone else...James removed the post, posted the poster wasn't authorized, and posted that the information should be disregarded. They DID also post that "Mind Sifter" was going to be dedicated to Mark Burchett.

4. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Did Phase II say that the information should be disregarded or just that it shouldn't have been posted in the first place?

It's one thing to repost verbatim something posted on Facebook (preferably with a link, if one exists), so that those of us who don't "do" Facebook can keep abreast of the things that interest us. It's another to mix it up with assumptions and interpretation in such a way that it's not possible to tell what the official announcement or post actually said.

I, personally, don't have a problem with the former, and I appreciate it. The latter, though, is annoying, because I come away not knowing what is going on.

Example:

Sounds like it's your interpretation that it should be disregarded.

Now it sounds like they actually said it should be disregarded, and I have no idea what the post actually said.

5. doubleohfive

I responded to your comment because it was the first comment posted here in three days.

1) Kelso is not the demonstrable liar you have revealed yourself to be.

2) As CorporalCaptain has already astutely observed, your prior wording was at best clumsy and at worst misleading.

3) You do have a history of inserting yourself in to any and all Phase II discussions, whether your involvement is relevant at all or not. Per the aforementioned "misleading" way you presented the information, and in conjunction with your posting history and the fact that you're a liar, I responded as I saw fit.

Perusing the Phase II Facebook page and James' public posts, I see the mention of "Mind-Sifter" being dedicated to Mark Burchett. But I don't see any mention that the episode information shared earlier should be disregarded.

To clarify: I'm not doubting that Cawley posted that. I'm just pointing out that I do not see it when I look at the Phase II Facebook page.

6. Bixby

Bixby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^^^^How about we take it down a notch or ten?

7. doubleohfive

I don't have a problem with that.

8. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

Doubleohfive:

Star Trek Phase II has a Facebook page (with 160K people following us). But we also have a private group for a couple of hundred Phase II cast and crew members; we use it to, well, keep everyone updated on our team--as well as to chit chat among ourselves.

My sense is that between James passing along Phase II information on his own Facebook page and on the regular Phase II Facebok page and on our "cast and crew only" page--not to mention information going out via e-mails or forums like TrekBBS, I think no one really remembers where they got some particular tidbit of information. There's alot of stuff we do well and lots of stuff we don't do all that great. Our production communication is one of those things upon which we probably need to improve--as so many people have observed over the years; it's kind of a free-for-all for us. Good, formal, polite, and regular communication is probably something we need to aspire to--especially in light of our successful Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign. Unity of command with regard to communication would serve us well.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  9. FredtheRedshirt

FredtheRedshirt Ensign Red Shirt

There is only room enough for one Kirk on the enterprise.

10. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Not everyone is a fan of everyone else here, and not everyone believes everyone else, but can we please be civil?

11. wtriker1701

wtriker1701 Commander Red Shirt

Thanks to GSchnitzer for clearing matters regarding information policy on behalf of PhaseII. And it feels exactly like it: sometimes there's a void of information when we all would crave for some, sometimes it's like bathing in a warm summer rain.
    There could be some more continuation in that workflow.
    But: Any information is surely welcome. The less information, the more speculation...
    that's how boards like this one go.
    It could be better handled sometimes, if it would be stated clearer, which part of someone's entry here is mere speculation, based on whatever information it is based on. So I'm on CorporalCaptain's and doubleohfive's side regarding this one.

12. Crusso

Crusso Ensign Newbie

Patty,

You claim to be best friends with James yet he often calls you out for basically making his life miserable.

"Patty, I am the one who told you that I was not filming your script, not the other way around after you publicly posted here on the BBS, that you had to do a rewrite to make the story better fit Brian Gross and his acting style, because you wrote it for mine, Lol. A rewrite which i did not ask for or want. Your need to bicker is quite literally unbelievable.

Our version is not your script and is based on both the published and un published versions, although it leans more to the published version."

You claim you no longer work for the production yet for some reason feel obliged to keep insinuating your self into production matters/updates under the guise of "just sharing". However, that may be construed as stalking.

June 23, 2014 post #1
    "No, Kieth. I'm not "back working for Phase II again"....just sharing for other folks that might be interested as I didn't see anyone else share the info here."

Really? There is an entire FB forum devoted to P2 where people can go for info.

You are not the publicist for P2. Why do you continue to make it your "crusade" to "share" and then start debates?
    You've stated that you left P2 on amicable terms yet post things like this:

"If I was "working again" there'd be a lot more accuracy to the shots above...but that's probably one of the reasons it would be inconvenient to have me working again."

You post FB posts that were removed from the site by James Cawley. Why would you do that? If Cawley removed a post, he didn't want it broadcast. Why would you deliberately do something that goes against the wishes of a friend?
    What's even more troubling is that you have instant access to all of these "deleted posts". You seem to have saved every single post ever made on FB by any member of the production team or P2.

And you talk about yourself In the third person!

"Well, then, Mr. Schnitzer, Phase II has a HUGE issue to deal with. Ms. Patty Wright withdrew all rights to the original script and all material contained within it. Phase II was told, bluntly, that they could not use anything contained in the script - which is registered with the WGA, and, therefore, anything used from it can be proven. Ms. Patty Wright was assured that Mr. Rick Chambers went back to the original story and did not even have access to Ms. Wright's script."

You post patently false information:

"They are completely refilming the episode because James decided he'd rather start over from scratch than to have me participate in finishing the filming of my script."

James has stated over and over again that they re filmed because he stepped down as Kirk and put in Brian Gross.

You wrote this:
    A brand new script was written by Rick Chambers - it wasn't "reworked".

Yet you continually claim that they plagiarized your script despite public and private assurances that they did not. Did you read what you yourself wrote just in the quote made by you above?

You claim that talking about P2 brings you stress and exacerbates your health issues yet you continually start posts about P2 and even reach out to current and former P2 personnel to try and drag them into mudslinging about others. If something in my life brought me such stress as you claim I wouldn't keep putting myself into the middle of it.

From James himself:

"You need to move on and start enjoying your life instead of endlessly living in eternal drama and trying to start a crisis. It is exactly this type of ridiculous nonsense that has alienated you from so many people, and makes me scratch my head. I do wish you well, but you make even that hard with this type of behavior."

Patty, do yourself and everyone else a favor - get over it! Walk away!

You claim to be a mental health professional, maybe it's time to take a good long look in the mirror and for your own sanity, walk away from anything P2 related.

As far as your claim of selling a script to Chico and all those who say you are lying.... Well, I really hope it's true. Even if just in your version of reality. Because it seems to be the one thing in your life that was actually a good thing. You need to get on with your life and make other good things happen.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  13. Maurice

^^And, respectfully, maybe YOU need to review the board rules and remove the personal @#$% from your posts. You can factually rebut someone without attacking them or impugning their mental health.

14. Crusso

Crusso Ensign Newbie

I backed up each one of my assertions with facts. However, in the effort to maintain harmony I have reworded the sections you reffered to.

15. Maurice

Good, because I had already flagged it for the moderators. My suggestion: it's best to write it, sit on it, and reread it when you've cooled off before posting.

16. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

Um...I like Phase II, I love the "Mind Sifter" short story, and I'm really looking forward to seeing Phase II bring it to life.

17. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    As do I. That guy playing Kor looks pretty good.

18. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I read the short story in the mass market collection (Bantam?), and thought it would have been an interesting episode. Hope to see what they do with it.

19. Crusso

Crusso Ensign Newbie

It turned out amazing!:techman:

20. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

Can't come out soon enough!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.