Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral_Young, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

The whole "Evil Timeline" thing was (most likely) just some random thought of Abeds' rather than some real thing. And what we saw in the S4 Finale was just some fantasy of Jeffs', not Abed. So if they want to continue they can just have what was going on in Abeds' head compared to Jeff.

2. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Come to think of it, why did they go the 'Dream' route instead of the 'Abed got the group to agree to do a movie about the darkest timeline' route?!

3. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Some nice character growth for Jeff that he would make an indulgence like that, especially since Abed's own growth has been about him slowly being better at non-geek interactions with the Group.

4. Goji

Goji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought the Halloween episode was fun. I liked the Christmas episode, mostly because I rather like Malcolm McDowell. The origins episode was alright. I don't really remember most of the others any more, but then there are plenty I've forgotten from the first few seasons too.

5. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

that sucks!

7. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

8. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Just cancel it. Or kick him in the balls and tell him to smarten it up.

9. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This. The Troy-Abed dynamic is one of the best parts of the show.

10. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

So he'll be in 5 out of 13 episodes. He couldn't work another 8 weeks (2 months) to finish off the season?

11. bigdaddy

That's what I was thinking. An episode takes about a week. There are only 13 of them. He can't put his music on hold for a couple months then work on other projects the other 38 weeks a year?

Plus he is under contract so if they wanted they could force him to, which I would, but the conspiracy theory is that they said OK because of budget cuts.

Should have canceled it after three seasons.

12. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Meh. Another reason not to watch anymore.

13. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

It isn't just that it's "a couple more weeks" ... those are / can be long days on set, going well into the night. I'm not happy about it but I don't necessarily blame him either.

14. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is disappointing news indeed. On the other hand though...it will be interesting to see Abed without Troy for a few episodes, I wonder if they'll address where he is in the show and the effect that it will have on Abed.

15. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Usually on network TV shows 'Character growth' means 'Moving toward the center' and 'Abandoning personal idiosyncracies'. I would hope the Community crew don't see it that way. Having more non-geek interactions with the crew doesn't mean abandoning the geek ones. :) I used to be completely antisocial, play a lot of video games and post on Star Trek forums. Now I'm socially active, play a lot of video games and post on Star Trek forums. Real character growth is tangent to the center, not directly toward it.

In my mind Community was canceled after season 3. At least, when I marathon it that's where I stop. The finale of season 3 was the perfect series finale.

16. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Very disappointing news. Letting him go for a couple of episodes would have been okay, but not appearing in 8 episodes of a 13 episode season? 5 episodes is too few.

With Pierce gone, Jeff graduated, and Troy not appearing in most of the season, Britta and Abed will just be left staring at Annie and Shirley.

17. bigdaddy

The Greendale 7... I mean the Greendale 4. Yeah doesn't fit as well.

18. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

I can't blame him with the way NBC treated the show, especially the fourth season. If I were him, I'd have serious doubts of it being renewed, too, and I wouldn't have just sat on my laurels waiting with baited breath for news of a renewal.

Troy is one of my favorite characters on the show, but given everything that's happened, I just can't fault him for continuing with his career elsewhere. Even if I'm not personally a fan of his rapping.

19. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Just because Jeff graduated doesn't mean he won't be around as much. The show really became more about their ensemble adventures than about the Community College a long time ago.

20. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

God I'm going to miss Troy. How many starring network acting gigs does Glover think he is going to get? Hope his music career is worth it.

Pierce, not so much (not at all, really). Actually, I should say I won't miss, Chevy. I wouldn't mind seeing "Pierce" back but played by a different actor. I have no doubt that Jeff will be an integral part of the cast in season 5 as usual.