Dallas - Season 2

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Agent Richard07, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Well, really who cares how long it takes as long as it's riveting? i think the writers have got a shot at making this memorable.

Well, on the divorce angle, screwing Christopher over's good practice for Pamela.

:D

PAMELA BARNES WAS CREATED BY CLIFF.

SHE REBELLED.

SHE EVOLVED.

SHE CARRIED BABIES THAT WERE TWO COPIES.

NOW PAMELA BARNES HAS RETURNED...

...AND SHE HAS A PLAN.

If the writers are smart. If they can't have JR himself they need to carry his name to the rest of the season...

2. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

J.R.'s funeral is already planned for episode 2x08, which airs on March 11th; the cause of his death will apparently be a mystery played out over the remainder of the season along with the other continuing plotlines.

3. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

A touching and informative article. Thanks for posting it. I didn't stop to think that they'd milk J.R.'s death. It's a great way to keep his spirit alive and ease into a Dallas without him.

As do I.

It looked like Ryland was dead, but with Mitch Pileggi's name in the opening credits, I figured that he couldn't be.

I always think of Tricia Helfer too when I look at her. And in one scene, I thought she looked a bit like Jenna from the old show.

And another thing... Judith Light's character doesn't look old enough to be Harris Ryland's mother. I looked her up and Light is only three years older that Pileggi.

4. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

For me it's Tricia's mouth and Denise's eyes.

That's the eyebrows...

I'm thinking she's had work done since he was born... :D

Most likely they couldn't find anyone old enough that fit the part, or simply were pressed to cast someone quickly, so they just decided to "old up" a veteran soap actress.

5. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

I just had an interesting thought...

What if Ann is the same call girl Brenda Strong played on the old show?

Think about it.

Cliff hooked up with said call girl in the final season of the show (1990-1991) when he had, ostensibly, been dumped by Liz Adams.

It's unlikely Bobby would have met the Brenda Strong character then, but also very likely that Cliff would have forgotten all about her. Never mind the fact that Harris Ryland is just sleazy enough to have probably hooked up with her at the time too.

How fucked up would it be if Emma is really Cliff's daughter, and Ann played Harris into marrying her? Or, perhaps she really is Harris' daughter.

It would also explain why Judith despises Ann so much, and Emma's age works out almost perfectly for it as well.

I don't know that this isn't too farfetched an idea, but it's fun to think about!

6. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Farfetched? Hell, that's the most logical origin story anybody's come up with since Ann was introduced.

7. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

I have to correct myself. I mistakenly wrote that Brenda Strong appeared on the original series in 1991. That was incorrect. She actually appeared on the old show in the 1987 episode "Cat and Mouse."

So, it's been a little too long I think for Emma to be Cliff's daughter, but it still leaves open the possibility that Ann is the call girl character from the old show as I theorized above.

8. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Now how'd they get Frank's prints on that gun? Or did he just handle it after the fact? I can't remember.

9. cardinal biggles

Frank cleaned up both the body and Pamela's apartment after she shot Tommy, but I can't believe he'd be so stupid as to not wipe the gun down before burying it.

I'm definitely sorry to see Frank go. I really enjoyed seeing Faran Tahir on the show.

Meanwhile, next week's episode is the last one completed by Larry Hagman before his death. :(

10. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ Damn. I thought we had two more.

Good episode, but why would Bobby confess to shooting Harris if he wasn't dead? That wouldn't have saved Ann because for all they knew, he could have woken up and said it was her.

11. cardinal biggles

There's apparently some cut footage of J.R. from one of the five episodes that will be worked into episode six. He doesn't appear in episode seven, and episode eight is the funeral.

I don't understand why Ryland fingered Bobby when he woke up. That makes no sense at all. It's not like Ann shot him from the shadows.

12. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

because his psycho mother told him to. This way they get to continue to torment her.

13. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

^ Yep, I figured mother Bates & her son did some talking before the cops came in.

14. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

^^Yep, and if you ask me mother and son are waaaay too close...

15. wissaboo

creepy close

but then, they are only 3 years apart in age :guffaw:

16. Borjis

Borjis Commodore Commodore

Absolutely.

Jock was one of my favorite characters of all in Dallas.

my favorite moments when he gets pissed.
    Jock: "J.R. just what the hell are you doing!?!?!?"

Seeing J.R. with his shit eating grin or look of "oh shit!"...I'm really going to miss that most.

17. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The new second season of the new Dallas is looking better and better. I think the writers are doing a great job, and the actors are Outstanding. We should have at least one more episode with Larry Hagman, but I still think the new cast with be able to carry the show even without Larry. It makes me sad to think about Dallas without JR, but seeing this new cast and great stories, I think the new Dallas could go on for at least 5 more seasons on TNT. Well, I hope so anyway.:)

18. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

When Anne was getting led off to the prison truck, was anyone else thinking "Damn, that woman is tall. She should just overpower the guards and run!"

19. wissaboo

I've been thinking that aboout a lot of people. The actors who play Christopher and Jon Ross always look so short but they are 5'10" and 5'11". I've been spending all this time wondering why they cast such short actors to play Bobby and JR's sons. :lol:

I think Anne's gonna get shanked in prison.

20. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Nahh, she's too good-lookin'. When they finally spring her she's gonna come out with cornrows in her hair and a new wife of her own.