No News, No Nothing!!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Transwarp Drive, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that's basically what gets to me. We constantly have Abrams and his cohorts in interviews going on "this movie is so awesome and epic and game changing and mind blowing and amazing. But we're not telling you anymore." Why bother to tell us even that much if yo're not going to deliver anything more concrete?

Oh well, soon enough there'll be a massive deluge of photos, clips and info, and then we're going to hear poeple bitching about "Now we know too much." The fun of the internet.

2. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My opinion on the lack of anything new is that, JJ is still pissed over the 'leaked' footage/stills/slips-of-tongues".

I doubt those video leaks were on purpose, and [probably] came very, very close to spoiling the whole film; if the videographer had had spoiler information regarding what s/he was filming then everything may have been ruined.

A lid has [probably] been clamped-down & warning given; any more unauthorized tomfoolery and heads will roll!

Bottom line, our sneak peek allotments has already been exceeded. At least for the time being...

3. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

And they have. When was the last new Cumberbatch-related interview or media release?

Happy now? :rommie:

4. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Agreed that the wait has been too long with no news, nothing.
    Hell, we could have had another series run between these two films.

5. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

'

Hello, Therin.

That's why I said "kind of," because it hasn't been recent, but when they were going with it BOY were they going with it. So like you've said, maybe they got that memo or something. I don't know.

Happy now? I was happy to begin with. ;)

---

@billcosby

Pudding pops! I love it!! :drool:

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

No no, parade him more! We want to see!

7. Spock/Uhura Fan

8. teacake

Heh, I must be the only woman in the world who doesn't think Cumberbatch is hot. I don't really want to look at him, but I do want to look at ST:XII teases. I'm quite amused at the way they keep dropping hints, backtracking etc..

9. FarStrider

FarStrider Commander Red Shirt

So, what I'm reading here is that basically when they go on interviews about the other projects that they are involved with, and are asked about Star Trek, you guys want them to say "No comment." Because, you know. . .JJ Abrams is not parading anyone out to talk about any facet of Star Trek that I know of. . .

Star Trek is obviously one of the most anticipated films for next year: reporters keep asking the stars, writers, producers and director about it in the hopes of scooping each other with some fresh tidbit, even if it is something as silly as the fact that Cumberbatch's character is wearing leather for most of movie . . .

but really, the way summer blockbuster movie marketing generally works is that six months out from the premiere you will get the 1st trailer, then the first TV ad will be in the Superbowl. . .3 months out you will get the second trailer, and in the two months leading up to the premiere you'll get hit with almost nonstop television ads. So, you can expect the first trailer in November (and it won't be a teaser -- those are for franchises that have fizzled or are in need of a reboot in some way i.e. Superman).

Besides, the only people who are paying attention this early are uberfans who will go see the movie anyway. . . why would any respectable marketing team waste their advertising budget on us? They aren't. . . they are going to wait until holiday movie season, the Superbowl and then leading up to the Summer blockbuster season when general audiences pay attention to trailers for summer blockbuster type movies and get the most bang for their buck, and then they will use the summer blockbuster movies to advertise the Holiday movie fare.

That's the way the world turns. . . whinging about it on message boards won't change it. . .

~FS

10. teacake

When is the Superbowl?

11. FarStrider

The Superbowl is either the last Sunday in January, or the first Sunday in February. The 2013 Superbowl is February 3. . .

(edited for stupid typo)

~FS

12. teacake

TOO FAR AWAY.

13. FarStrider

Patience, Grasshopper. . .

If they stay true to the way they marketed the first film, then around the time of the first trailer in November, there will be a serious press campaign with a major release of footage. . .that's when things will start ramping up.

~FS

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  14. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

We don't even know which teams are playing yet! :klingon:

15. teacake

And in my case, I never will :D

16. FarStrider

^^^^^^^^^ True. But we know it is New Orleans, and we know it is Feb. 3. . .and I will bet that we know that a commercial for ST12 will air at least once (during the first half) but most likely twice. . .

~FS

17. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Heh, read Temis The Vorta's posts, she's at least as not interested as you in finding him hot, and maybe even moreso, LOL

18. Spock/Uhura Fan

Hello FarStrider,

That may be what you are "getting," but that's not what I'm saying. Did you not notice that I said I was happy to begin with and that I enjoyed the "leaked" set pics that we got. I'm very appreciative of them. :)

Also, if you look at the previous page of this thread, you'll see that I linked to an interview with Cumberbatch where he answers a couple of Star Trek related questions, and I had and have no complaints. I don't mind them answering direct questions, but when they all start chiming the same thing at the exact same time and none of it adds anything to what we know about the film, well that can get a little tiring. Oh, you also might have missed where I said I guessed that was easy enough to ignore. I'm really not sure what you are complaining about in reference to the short discussion I had with Wormhole. :confused:

And if they choose to stay quiet now so they can fall in line with how it "generally works" in a few months, that will be fine with me. You also might note that I said I didn't care whether we received spoilers right now or not... ;)

I'll see the movie if Spock and Uhura stay together in it. If I hear that they don't from someone that watches the film when it comes out, I might rent it, but I certainly won't be going to see it in theaters. And once again, it doesn't bother me that they aren't marketing it now.

You would have a point if I actually "whined." ;)

---

@teacake

I just saw that "Hallelujah" youtube vid you have embedded on your site. I'm starting a watch of Enterprises first season (because I honestly can't remember what I did watch of that series), and that vid makes me look forward to what's coming. :techman:

19. Spock/Uhura Fan

He's not my cup of tea in the looks department, either, but I've certainly heard he's a great actor.

20. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Oh, c'mon, you've been a Founding Member of the "Kirk/Spock Need Each Other Thread", obviously the Teams that are playing for the Movie are Spock/Kirk and Spock/Uhura :devil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.