Activision Screws Europe Again

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hermiod, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I bet ASDA sells it for £39.99 or less.

2. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

It would cost me the same once I add in the effort of having to go to an Asda store.

3. Servo

Not for me. It's only a five minute walk away.

4. DiSiLLUSiON

DiSiLLUSiON Commodore Commodore

I completely agree with you, on both points.

5. dark angel_707

dark angel_707 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I wouldn't be surprised if Activision allocates limited stock to any supermarket that might sell it less than £40

6. Servo

Again, not a problem since my local ASDA is 24hr. I'll probably just take a walk up after Midnight and pick one up.

7. Kirk's_Tights

Kirk's_Tights Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Game prices in general are ridiculous. Most are around $70 Canadian but some creep up into the mid to high $70's and even $80's.

8. AntonyF

AntonyF Official Tahmoh Taster Rear Admiral

Who on earth buys games on release? Well, I guess a lot of people. Stupid question.

But I always wait for proces to drop. With PC games it has to be £10 or less... Xbox 360 I'll probably pay a bit more, up to £15 - £20 - but often pick games up at under £10.

And if you committ to this process, by the time you've played the ones you want then the old new ones are down in price. Works the same with DVDs too. :)

9. Kirk's_Tights

Kirk's_Tights Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I do but it really depends on the game.

Ghostbusters, for example, is a game I have been waiting to be released for a long time. Same with Resident Evil 5 and Street Fighter 4 so I bought all of them as soon as they came out.

Most games, though, I wait, but some take a long time to go down in price. When I bought GTA4 for my PS3, it was a year later and I got it for $30 Canadian used but the original non-used game was still sitting at $69 Canadian.

10. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I buy some games day of release, some games later. Nothing on Earth will stop me having Half-Life 2: Episode Three day of release.

However, in the case of Modern Warfare 2, despite this price increase I expect the game to be the year's biggest seller. I don't think we will see the sort of price drops you're talking about for quite some time after release.

11. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'm a total sucker, so I'll still be buying MW2 right away. I have no willpower. :p

12. cheeseyfatmonkey

cheeseyfatmonkey Commander Red Shirt

It's not just about willpower with MW2 for me. If I don't get it straight away then all my friends will get to the higher ranks on multi-player before me.

I'm 30 and I realise that comment brings shame upon my family.

13. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

There is only one option if you want to preserve your honor: seppuku.

14. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

The only games I've ever bought at release were Starfleet Command III (which was wise since it was taken off the market soon after) and MechWarrior 4 (which I have not regretted.)

15. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Who didn't see this coming?

16. MyCylon

MyCylon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can't remember the last time I bought a game on release day. I'll usually wait until the price comes down.

One game I might pick up on release day, however, is Starcraft 2 when it finally arrives.

17. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

I am looking forward to that Tony Hawks ride game that can only be bought with that board controller debacle that's about to hit the store at a wallet friendly £99....:eek:

I already pre-ordered Cooking mama 2 for the DS which comes bundled with a new kitchen for £7000.:lol:

18. Cky

Cky Captain Captain

Well it doesn't surprise me to be honest, I'm a bit disappointed.

This is what they did to the game 'Mirrors Edge', within a fortnight I saw the game being sold for £20 at GAME because nobody was buying it. I doubt the same thing will happen in this case (and Mirrors Edge looked like a boring game), but here's hoping.